Wolverine and the X-men

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: Wolverine and the X-men

Post by Sundown »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:MONEYY!!!

I HAZ NONE!
I'll describe the scene, if you don't want to wait. Other than that, you might have something to look forward to, though it remains to be seen.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Read it. I officially hate Paige Guthrie, FYI.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

You didn't notice a small picture possibly referencing anything familiar in the the book? :) Agree on Paige; that's just goofy.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

.... Read this comic back-to-back, that's not in #30... Though I did notice the skulking character in white behind Azazel saying "Help me, please help me, my --" and he had Kurt's chin.

What book is that from? I don't remember this.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

I think it's from some earlier issue of Wolverine's solo book, also written by Aaron.

And I'm debating whether Husk really went that crazy or it's Mystique manipulating Toad.
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:.... Read this comic back-to-back, that's not in #30... Though I did notice the skulking character in white behind Azazel saying "Help me, please help me, my --" and he had Kurt's chin.

What book is that from? I don't remember this.
Yes, that hooded figure is what I meant.

The panels I posted are from Wolverine Goes to Hell. It was also written by Aaron and the last time the "real" Kurt was seen. His spirit was in Logan's subconscious, trying to save him. At one point in the story, Jubilee comes up to Kurt (several of the X-men are on the psychic plane helping Logan) and says something along the lines of it being a bummer that Kurt was just a manifestation of Logan's subconscious mind to which Kurt answers, "but I'm the real...." then gets cut off.

Here are a couple more from Wolvie goes to Hell

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I LOVED THAT! I REMEMBER NOW!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

The alternate future stuff is hilarious. How many of those is Jason Aaron going to create?

... Is this what it's like to be a Grant Morrison fan when he writes for DC?
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:The alternate future stuff is hilarious. How many of those is Jason Aaron going to create?

... Is this what it's like to be a Grant Morrison fan when he writes for DC?
If current material and characters are so inadequate that Marvel has to either reach into the past for a premise or jump to the future, it should indicate a problem. :P
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I don't think the characters are "inadequate" persay, I think it's just interesting to see them later in alternate futures.

Hey, ...
anyone else notice the Bamfs (y'know these guys: ( :peek ) are getting bigger? :huh :shifty
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:I don't think the characters are "inadequate" persay, I think it's just interesting to see them later in alternate futures.

Hey, ...
anyone else notice the Bamfs (y'know these guys: ( :peek ) are getting bigger? :huh :shifty
Yep, I've been noticing that for awhile, though it's hard to tell if it's just the artist doing his own thing or not. :S
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I've noticed it despite multiple artists, as in it is progressively getting more noticeable. Even with changing artists.

And if you look at the cover of issue 32...

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I just find it funny that the last issue's bamfs are now sporting tights because the artist got too lazy to creatively hide their junk :shifty
Then again, looking at that wolverine with the bamfs cover, they don't even have junk.
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

Their dialogue has also regressed recently. They used to throw out little phrases like "more beer" but now they just say "bamf".

They definitely used to be smaller.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So they've been doing the dodge-dance long enough.

When do you think they'll bring back Kurt? You think it will be in this title? I have a pretty good feeling if it's not this book it'll be "Wolverine".

Though how neat would be if the "All-New" X-Men found him?
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I picked up the Hellfire Saga. The last page of issue 35 made me squeal.

So, I know Nightcrawler will be in Amazing and he's on the splash of the Inhumanity event, but do you think he will appear in the Battle of the Atom event? I've been avoiding X-Books lately, but if there is significant back story to the return of Kurt, maybe I should invest...

Also, what ish is the above Phoenix/Kurt scene from? I would love to read it or buy it...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

His initial return will be during "Amazing X-Men" and from what I am understanding, "Inhumanity" is a banner event being put over certain titles, the way "Heroic Age" or "Brightest Day" was. There may be a singular "Inhumanity" comic by Matt Fraction, but the rest is just characters who are relevant to banner-head's titular change. Kurt's return I guess falls under that which is where I'm figuring "Amazing X-Men" will become an "Inhumanity" title.

As for "Battle of the Atom"... I'm not sure. I can tell you, if Kurt's presence is going to become obvious to Logan, it WILL be in the pages of "W&tXM" and possibly some more development done in Aaron's Wolverine title... but I can't imagine Kurt appearing in any other X-related title. MAYBE something that features Hope...

But yeah, "Battle of the Atom" should be interesting but I'll catch that in trade I think. Not too sure I really care about time-fuckery and first-class X-Men being in modern-day Scott's way. I'm more concerned with Kurt, so I'll stick to W&tXM.

The Phoenix/Kurt scene was from an issue of Wolverine Goes to Hell (I think that's the title... that or Wolverine In Hell). A Jason Aaron run in early 2012 I think, late 2011 maybe. Took me awhile to remember it until Sundown posted the panels then I was all "OH YEAH!" tore it out of the box and read it. LOL!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Read the last part of issue #35...

AWWWW YEEEEHHHHH BOOOOOIII!!