The Prowler -- Where has this guy been?

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

The Prowler -- Where has this guy been?

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

One of my favorite (strangely unheard of/borderline unpopular) characters in Marvel U is easily the Prowler.

Image This guy is just cool.

Originally a villain, Herbie Brown was a clear example of early attempts by Marvel to include "minority" characters. Urban youth who was very intelligent, but had a displaced sense of anger.

The character is really unique and has gone through different alter-egos and the guise has exchanged a few different sets of hands. However; I haven't really seen much of him in the last... say... 4 years?
Which is strange 'cause he would have been a unique tool in some arcs such as "Shadowland".

However; I asked Dan Slott on Formspring some time ago if he would be re-using Prowler some time soon, and Slott responded that though he can't actually tell me, he told me to keep my hopes up and attention on Amazing Spider-man.

I am thrilled to hear this.

I was even more stunned/thrilled to read Ultimate Comics All New Spider-Man and discover that the whole incident with Miles kicks off because of a strange new cat burglar who is INCREDIBLY FAMILIAR LOOKING?

Unfortunately for Prowler, his look is awful close to the striking appearance of Spawn. (Or so many have commented to me before.)

While it definitely is not Spawn who is digging through OzCorp's files and bringing home genetically altered spiders, I am holding hopes that this is the Ultimate Version of Prowler.

C'mon! That HAS to be him! If it's not, that's just plain unfair. :3

Anyone else ever read anything of Prowler? I was hoping to find some of his stuff in the comic book sale my local store was having, but I didn't know specifically what to look for.
Any hints?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS