Ghost Rider -- Flaming Cycle of Fiery Vengeance!

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So I love :ghostrider and I hate saying that 'cause I've barely read anything of his. Whenever I pick his stuff up, it's dry. It's very "bro" targeted.

It reminds me of "Punisher" and if there's one character I can't stand, it's a sociopath who is called a hero. Even an antihero.

But early Ghost Rider (I don't mean him on the horse, I mean Johnny Blaze books) were very interesting.

I'm really psyched to see this new book that's coming out being Crain got to work on the Shadowland Ghost Rider tie-in.

If you're keeping up with "Amazing Spider-Man" at the end of each issue there's about 4 pages of a lead-up to the new Ghost Rider monthly coming out where Spider-Man has had to jump the Bike from the clutches of some angry demons and play "Keep-away" while Ghost Rider tangles with said demons.

It's humorous, well drawn, but otherwise sorta flat. But if you're a spidey-fan it's a great team-up. Very cunning.

Either way, the idea of Ghost Rider now STEALING the bike from those forces that gave it to him (I'm expecting a revelation here that the "Devil" the entire time was in fact either Mephestopheles or Azazel himself) and actually saying "F**K YOU" and quitting his ordained "Job" is really cool to me. Very ballsy. He basically has decided to go it alone and for his own reasons now and what sort of hell that brings him is going to be intriguing.

Who else has read/enjoyed Ghost Rider and is mildly-to-very-excited for his new book? :ghostrider :spidey
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

LATEST UPDATE!
Turns out there's gonna be a new Ghost Rider! A LADY GHOST RIDER!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS