Should Cyclops die in the next Arc?

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!

Total votes: 0

Blob55
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Blob55 »

I'm making this Poll because of what happened at the end of Second Coming.

I think what happened to Cyclops is in no way a step forward, and he should actually do something other than sending Mutants to their death in Curse of the Mutants.

Another reason I'm making this Poll, is because I don't want Cyclops in charge anymore, and when he dies, Xavier, or even Magneto could be put in charge, because older men seem to make better leaders.

Anyway, I want Beast back and Emma Frost gone, and when Cyclops goes, things could be back to normal.

[Edited on 16/7/10 by Blob55]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

No, not yet.

I think no one should die in X-Men (preferably Marvel) for a long while.

The only death that's been pumped out lately that I'm actually for is Bullseye's. It seems they're using death as a story catalyst lately, a springboard for drama, and while death is a great one, doing it so much--to me--amplifies a sense of lazy writing.

If Scott dies (which eventually he should get his turn, he is the General of the race) it shouldn't be for a bit.

I'd like to see Mephisto offer Logan Kurt back..... only find out there's an exchange involved after he does so... >_>

<_<
:surprise
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
BAMFCentralII
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BAMFCentralII »

no don't want to see Scott die.

He has already died and come back once. And while i've seen some negative posts about him. I kinda like the new scott... he's a prat, but a stoic prat with a purpose/direction.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Scott's the only character left who *hasn't* died.

When was this "death". If it's AoA or something, that doesn't count.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

"Not long after returning to the team, Scott and Jean soon found themselves embroiled in Apocalypse's bid for cosmic power by assembling "The Twelve" - a group of mutants who would determine the fate of their kind that included Scott, Jean, and Cable. They were wired to a machine that would channel their awesome energies into Apocalypse, allowing him to absorb the body of the time-tossed powerful mutant teenager known as X-Man. As his teammates fell around him, a powerless Scott saved X-Man and merged with the would-be conqueror to create a new evil entity. Jean detected Scott's psyche inside Apocalypse and prevented the X-Men from destroying him, however he was presumed dead by most of his teammates. Only Jean and Cable refused to believe Scott had perished."

That's the only time he's "died" that I recall.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I don't think Cyclops should die, but I do think he should be demoted, serving the X-Men only in an advisory capacity from within the confines of his prison cell.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Blue_Collar_Nerd
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Blue_Collar_Nerd »

Angelique wrote:I don't think Cyclops should die, but I do think he should be demoted, serving the X-Men only in an advisory capacity from within the confines of his prison cell.
I think it would be awsome if they did a "Dirty Dozen" type title. Hank, Kitty and a resurrected Kurt make the difficult choice of publicly blowing the whistle on X-Force resulting in Cyclops, Wolverine and the other members of X-Force being thrown into Leavenworth for a couple story arcs.

Then one day, Colonel Nick Fury approaches them in the prison yard out of nowhere...
"Gentlemen, I have a job for you."

In fact, screw the comic book! let's skip straight to the movie!

This Fall, prepare to forget everything you know superhero movies...

Lee Marvin is Nick Fury in...

The Dirty X-Force

A Micheal Mann Film
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Angelique wrote:I don't think Cyclops should die, but I do think he should be demoted, serving the X-Men only in an advisory capacity from within the confines of his prison cell.
:D

I totally agree. :)
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Blue_Collar_Nerd wrote: I think it would be awsome if they did a "Dirty Dozen" type title. Hank, Kitty and a resurrected Kurt make the difficult choice of publicly blowing the whistle on X-Force resulting in Cyclops, Wolverine and the other members of X-Force being thrown into Leavenworth for a couple story arcs.

Then one day, Colonel Nick Fury approaches them in the prison yard out of nowhere...
"Gentlemen, I have a job for you."

In fact, screw the comic book! let's skip straight to the movie!

This Fall, prepare to forget everything you know superhero movies...

Lee Marvin is Nick Fury in...

The Dirty X-Force

A Micheal Mann Film
Naaah, the X-Team! :cracked

"In 2010, a crack commando mutant unit was sent to prison by international court for lots of crimes they committed. These mutants promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The X-Team."

Dum-da-dum-dalaha-dum! *explosion*
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Blue_Collar_Nerd
Lubber
Lubber

Cast Katie Sackoff as Domino. Then have her stare and laugh at a CGI Cylon Centurion in the title credits.

Give Wolverine a mohawk and have the whole bunch of them haul themselves around town in an old Chevy van, shootin' Mini-14's from the waist and never hitting anything.

Cyclops can say, "I love it when a plan comes together. It doesn't happen to me often."
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

*has mental image of Logan with a Mohawk*

*brain breaks*

AAAAaaaaarrrgggghhh!!!!!!!

Nah, I don't thing :cyclops should die, :) should just come back and pants him on TV :evil :D :P
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

Nothing says vengeance like a televised pantsing. :LOL
Blue_Collar_Nerd
Lubber
Lubber

Of course the pantsing will promptly be available on YouTube and Summers will never hear the end of it from late night talk shows.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

*has mental image of Logan with a Mohawk*

Just to give an actual idea of what Wolverine would look like with a mohawk. :cracked

...Well, except that it's his son, but I figured it was close enough... :shifty
Blob55
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Blob55 »

He has a son? O_o Who is his mum? X-23?

If Sabretooth had the adamantium claws, would he have 1 on each hand? Or would X-23 only have 1 instead of 2? Since it could go 3-2-1; Wolverine, X-23/Sabretooth, Sabretooth/X-23.

[Edited on 18/7/10 by Blob55]
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Sabes has them in Ultimate, and he has 4 on each hand.

...Though he manages to actually break one. Only Sabes can break adamantium, seriously ><
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Blob55
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Blob55 »

OK, I had a feeling he might of had 4.

What's with Wolverines sons Claws? two come from where they should, and one from his veins?

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

...Though he manages to actually break one. Only Sabes can break adamantium, seriously ><
It's interesting you say that, 'cause just a day ago Brevoort adressed the "Adamantium" issue for canon vs Ultimate verses.

He explained (and this is paraphrasing) that in canon, no one yet has been able to break adamantium except magneto, who can break it apart, Silver Surfer ('cause he's Silver Surfer) and some retconned villain who was created in the 80's for the soul purpose of being able to cut adamantium.

MEANWHILE in Ultimate, Hulk actually tore Logan in half.

The question was basically asked to him as such: "Is Ultimate adamantium weaker than canon" and he said, to the best of his knowledge, no. He believes Ultimate Hulk might be stronger than Canon Hulk and being Victor has adamantium claws and teeth, he believes he may be stronger (and thus more lethal) than Canon Vic.

He also brought up that Ultimate Wolverine has a tendency to be broken apart and put back together a lot. In Ultimate, he's "younger" in the sense that there's more that hasn't been done with him, so he describes it as a getting a new toy that is meant to break apart and put it back together. When you have it, for the first few months, all you do is break it and put it back together, over, and over, and over.

Meanwhile, I would have to say Ultimate Cyke (being I need to be SOMEWHAT on topic here :offtopic ) is probably WAY stronger than Canon Cyke, at least in mutant abilities. His eye-beam... things... though they're force beams they also singe, (and yes it's been everytime it's not just under certain artists depictions like in canon) and they seared and blasted apart Logan's face, upper chest, and most of his lower torso. The dude was muscle and metal bone, when Cyclops was done with him.

[Edited on 18/7/10 by Ult_Sm86]
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

How Ultimate Hulk could tear Wolverine in half can be explained easily without saying that adamantium's weaker in Ultimate-verse or something like that.

The bones are plated with adamantium, right? But the abdominal/lumbar areas are not held together by bone, but by muscle and spinal cord which are not adamantium-plated. Theoretically speaking, what Hulk pulled in the Ultimate-verse would be possible in canon, too. He didn't break adamantium. He tore muscle and bundled nerves.

Yes, I know. I'm such a nerd. Thank you.

Back on topic, Cyclops most certainly deserves to be pantsed on television, with Nightcrawler wearing his medal of freedom.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

A visual of said Ultimate Battle:

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

"Hulk smash puny man for mocking Hulk's bling!"
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

*in tax/Aussie Election mode* OK so we have 4 in favour of pantsing, two for uncomfortable wince-look-away pictures ...*calculates*

all in favour of fun humiliatory stuff to happen to cyke up to and including International Pantsing Day (Kurt and Jean could come back and do it together, and then go off for smoothies!) Say Aye!

PS I was thinking of Mr T's mohawk on W's head, not the messy one from Daiken (whose mum was a Japanese lady Blob55)
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
BAMFCentralII
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BAMFCentralII »

Blob55 wrote:
If Sabretooth had the adamantium claws, would he have 1 on each hand? Or would X-23 only have 1 instead of 2? Since it could go 3-2-1; Wolverine, X-23/Sabretooth, Sabretooth/X-23.

616 version of Sabre also had adamantium for a brief time. He didn't have the claws like wolvie, or x-23.

He just had his reg claws on his fingers...
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

kladyelf wrote:*in tax/Aussie Election mode* OK so we have 4 in favour of pantsing, two for uncomfortable wince-look-away pictures ...*calculates*

all in favour of fun humiliatory stuff to happen to cyke up to and including International Pantsing Day (Kurt and Jean could come back and do it together, and then go off for smoothies!) Say Aye!
Aye, though I'm also not opposed to a more serious long prison term for Cyke. Vindication and good triumphing over evil rather than looking the other way when a supposed hero does evil can also be fun.

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

No, because they kill way too much.

Punishment and being demoted from the leadership of the team? Definitely.

Death? No, thank you.

And Kurt should come back to life and be the new leader of the X-Men who takes them from their "Gah the HUMANS are going to KILL US ALL" ways back to "We gotta help save the world and get mutants together with humans so that we can work with each other!"
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.