Maverick

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Maverick

Post by JackSkulls »

I personally love the idea of his powers, especially once they get modified. If his healing factor was a bit higher he'd be the ultimate weapon against a couple of muties.

I also love his weapon choices, the anti-metal weapons just make him more epic, since they'd be able to go up against wolverine's adamantium!

What do you guys think about Christoph Nord aka Maverick
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Maverick

Post by steyn »

Meh, not a big fan of Maverick, but that's just because he seems a bit overpowered like some others of marvel's creations. I prefer the good old 1 power per mutant/superhero, which means that character's struggle is harder. For example, look at fantastic four, each has one ability, rubber, rock, psionics, fire. They aren't overloaded with extras.

Then again, I shouldn't talk seeing that I haven't read anything with him in, which means I don't know his personality and such.
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Maverick

Post by Raven Hare »

Yeah, I'm with Steyn.

Personally, I find God-like characters (Pheonix, Rogue, Magneto, Xavier, etc) to be mind numbingly boring. I'll admit *occasionally* they are fun to read, but generally speaking, they are SO ridiculously overpowered that Marvel has to do downright :rolleyes crap to enable them to be defeated. I can suspend reality for the sake of a good plot, but I refuse to sacrafice a good plot for the sake of an overpowered character.

It is MUCH more fun to read (and rp ;) ) games where each character has a particular ability to bring to the fight and they have to work together to get the job done. Otherwise why even bother having a team? Just saddle up the God-like character and send then in. And everyone else can just hang out and watch a movie or something :P
:hepz :kitty
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Maverick

Post by JackSkulls »

Well with the limitations they set into his character I don't think he'd very much god like, just very resiliant If anything would make him god like it'd morely be his powers combined with his weaponry. I think his most over the top would be the anti healing factor acid he eventually gets.

plus anything that isn't force gets past his absorption, electricity energy attacks, psionics especially, get a good telepath near him and you can just fry his brain xD

:shifty why did I just reveal ways to fuck with chris? XD
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Maverick

Post by stjohn »

Oh, trust me, some of us have already been thinking up ways, and you've just barely scratched the surface. ;)

And yeah, to add onto the discussion of the omega's, I know I played Eve for a while, but I shelved him cause it was too easy to just say "It's ok, Eve can do it" and all plots and opposition are null and void, the only way something could happen is if he wasnt there, and then I don't get to play him. Was why he was dropped for vastly more mundane people like Hec and J ;) Omega's are just over rated :shrug, and there's not really much of a reason to play them in the rp cause you can design a less powerful person with the exact same personality. ;)
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Maverick

Post by JackSkulls »

oh trust me I know many ways too stop maverick, he's not that amazing, but I really like his force absorption powers, they just make me go :bounce

All Chris is really amazing for is a human shield, or a battering ram. But atleast it means he can serve a purpose.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Maverick

Post by Starfish »

"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Maverick

Post by Slarti »

Yeah, overpowered characters get really old, really fast. Overpowered baddies are cool since it makes the stakes higher for the good guys and makes them wonder how they can win, but when you have a 'godlike' good guy.... eh.

I know I RP an omega too, but I try to keep him from thinking he's all that powerful and so he generally isn't.