No Boys Allowed Board at Marvel

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Way back in 2007, I made a post inviting all Nightscrawler ladies to make their wishes known at Marvel.com:

viewthread.php?tid=7204#pid33654488

Considering that we may now be in danger of losing our fuzzy elf forever, I am re-ssuing my invitation to all the women and girls of Nightscrawlers to register at Marvel.com, to find this secret hidden board, and make our wishes known!

Your posts will be seen! Marvel created that board so they could learn what women and girls want in their comics and how to attract more women to comics.

This is our chance to, if not save Kurt from death, as it may already be too late, but to at least try to bring him back as soon as possible in a way that is, hopefully, acceptable to us all!

Today I created a thread on the "No Boys Allowed" board, and I stickied it (I can do that, because I am a Moderator there ;)), so you can find it easily.

Please, PLEASE, join and post! This may be our most effective method of bringing our love of Kurt to the attention of Marvel, and if necessary, bringing him back from the dead!
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I also started a "Nightcrawler gush thread" there. :D
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So the GUYS who like Kurt can't share their hopes/wishes he stays alive? Doesn't that seem sexist? ;)
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

You can on the "Nightcrawler appreciation thread" or any of the various threads on Second Coming in the main forum.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

"You get the less fun version"

::smirk :rolleyes

s'ok. I tweet Marvel daily and threaten them.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Maybe that's why I get kicked off whenever I try to post on a Nightcrawler-related thread there. They think we bamfers are all nuts.

(Seriously, I think the forum's acting buggy.)

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Angelique wrote:I also started a "Nightcrawler gush thread" there. :D
And I wish more Nightscrawler Bamfettes would post there. Angelique and I can't do it all alone.

Sorry, Ult_Sm86, but you can post here:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/sh ... 8&t=274875

Joe Quesada does actually answer questions from that thread, although the questions are picked and chosen beforehand by a third party. Just keep posting and get your Bamfer buddies to post there too. Inundate them! I posted there a few months ago and received an answer, albeit, an inadequate answer. I posted another question a few days ago and fully expect that he will either not bother to answer, or will respond with flippancy, but it doesn't hurt to try and it might help.

I repeat, INUNDATE THEM!!!

Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Ok, I'll go to surgery now.
When I'll be back as a girl, I'll post. ^^
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Neling, I'm about to post on the boards however, to make a name on that site I wanted to say I was referred to by you, however, I do not know your name on the boards.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Diablo wrote:Ok, I'll go to surgery now.
When I'll be back as a girl, I'll post. ^^
:LOL

I meant this for the ladies. ;)

Ult_Sm86, I'm just neling at Marvel. I don't remember needing a reference. :?:LOL

Just remember: If you are posting at Marvel, they have stricter rules than most forums, because they are a business.

Be nice when you post, or you'll get me into trouble, OK? :oops:

[Edited on 27/4/10 by neling4]

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Not Marvel, my bad, the CBR.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Not Marvel, my bad, the CBR.
I am neling4, just like here, on CBR.

Don't forget 'though, be as sweet as sugar and excruciatingly polite when you post. That should make him feel really guilty, I hope. :D

You could try crying too :(

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

You peeps let me know what happens in tomorrow's book, and Lord willing I'll try to hop on at Marvel for a bit next week. Right now I'm at the last minute crunch with those contests and am entering high-@n@l-retentive mode as I scan for any possible mistakes, etc.

But it might be fun if all of us adapted Ang's statment and put one-line posts all in a row (like we used to chant at protests and stuff, only in a cyber way) "With Kurt dyin', we aren't buyin'!" :D
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Here's my very polite (and thus, first warning) to Joe:

So polite it don't even read as a warning!

And also... bad news.... No Nightcrawler in sight for avatar choices there... They don't have Kurt but they got Nocturne and Nova?? COME ON.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Here's my very polite (and thus, first warning) to Joe:

So polite it don't even read as a warning!

And also... bad news.... No Nightcrawler in sight for avatar choices there... They don't have Kurt but they got Nocturne and Nova?? COME ON.
Very nice.

Poor Chuck. Is he really banned from Nightscrawlers? I dislike his stories, but I'm sure he's a very nice person. Never met him.

I used my avatar from here, on CBR.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

He's not banned.

I understand everybody has high emotions right now, but I do want to remind everybody to be polite about your protests.

Also, please, everyone, be careful with your wording so responses/requests/rants don't sound like they're coming from the administration of Nightscrawlers. We like to maintain a cordial relationship with other boards, and while saying 'I'm from Nightscrawlers, and we're all mad!' may not intentionally be meant to sound like "I represent Nightscrawlers," it could be misconstrued that way.

People are free to say they are members of our board, of course, but don't speak for the board.

[Edited on 27-4-2010 by Slarti]
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

What Slarti said.

Additionally: Be nice and stay focused. Even if the kill Nightcrawler off, he will be back sooner than later. On the other side, if you go all apeshit about him dying now, with the current editorial and writers at Marvel, they will think that they created an emotional reaction and therefore are in the right.
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

If I may add and reiterate, please be polite and follow the rules as well, if you post at Marvel.com. I moderate there and I really don't want to have to send warnings to my Nightscrawler buddies.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Why is this all coming after my post?

At no point was I rude or derogatory to him, and I never would be. Joe, as much as I cant' stand some of his decisions, has worked his ass off to get to where he is and has a high-stress level job of appeasing the people he pays as well as the people who pay him (The customers/fans), so to presume that any of the posts from me would be directed in a slanderous way, or misrepresent my forums, is sort of a slight against me.

When I say warning, I mean it satirically, as in, "I'm warning you!" *waggles harmless spoon*. I'm not threatening, nor would I be threatening, Joe, Yost, or any of them. To assume *I* would shows me what you actually think. And you don't need to say "we're talking to everyone" because four proceeding comments about the same thing in a row after my own post makes it quite clear to me what the intention was. I may be mistaken... but I highly doubt it.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

As long as there's decent Kurt-centric fanfic (in my head or at ff and here) and old comics, I don't really care what Marvel does. I gave up on my main man, :spidey, long ago ("Brand New Day" arc, which, while it has some good points is still WRONG) and stick almost exclusively to older books for him -- EXCEPT "Marvel Adventures," but even THAT has {gagging sounds} Ubiquitous Emma in it.

I wouldn't say this on a Marvel board, but I feel they jerk the fans around on purpose, which is not the same as keeping them on the edge of their seats as in the old (a generation before my time, all you young pups) black-&-white movie serials. Getting the fans in an uproar over impending loss of their beloved characters is treating the fans with disdain. Thank goodness James Asmus UNDERSTOOD Nighty's winsome qualities and wrote a great one-shot despite the editorially-spawened silliness of him leaving and coming back for no credible reason whatsoever.

Okay, back to my contest entries, feeble tho they may be. I have trouble staying away from this forum. :D But at least I stayed almost on topic this time.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Mine wasn't aimed at you at all, Ult_Sm86 (except the first one, when I said it was "very nice"), and I think Slarti and Freak were just making a general statement for anyone who decides to post. That was certainly my intent. If you had seen the BND posts at Marvel, you would know why I am a bit nervous about what may happen on the Marvel boards tomorrow.

Sorry if it seemed otherwise.

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Yes, we absolutely made just some general statements which we both felt should be brought into general consciousness again for the time being, triggered through current events.

No one is in trouble over anything in this thread or anything that's being linked to in this thread up to this point. There is no "yet", neither an "as far as I know" attached to this statement. :3
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

I'm waiting tomorrow to post at CBR and let Joe Q know how upset and sad and desperate and disappointed (and very very very polite) I am.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Diablo wrote:I'm waiting tomorrow to post at CBR and let Joe Q know how upset and sad and desperate and disappointed (and very very very polite) I am.
LOL!

By the way, Ult_Sm86, is that you holding the brain on Facebook? I want to send you a friend request, but I also want to make sure I have the right Ult_Sm86.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Neling:

MY FB account;

St_Jimmy

Also, I'm sorry if I was incorrect, but I feel like a bit of a target when four comments proceed mine, especially with the way they were worded.

[Edited on 27/4/10 by Ult_Sm86]