X-Men: 2nd Coming (SAY WHAAAA)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So if you've been reading (which I literally just started back up)

You'll know the following.

May contain spoilers... if you haven't been keeping up. Read if you want to know

-Very few mutants left on earth.
-This bummed out Magneto and now he's apathetic and joined the x-men, he promised to show everyone how good he is by bringing the bullet that has Kitty in it back to earth (which... wtf?)
-there's only been one mutant born since "M-Day" and it is a girl named Hope, who hopped in to the Delorean with Cable and is coming back next months with him.
-There is an upcoming death.
-Scott has mentioned he is using the "New X-Men" team to train and groom a new leader for the X-Men.
-Emma claims to have betrayed Osborne when she was seemingly betraying the X-men.

All of this is coming to a catastrophic collision and will result in:

The Second Coming

So the appropriate questions are thus:

Who do you think's gonna DIE?

Who do you think is going to LIVE?

Who do you think is going to LEAD?

Why the fuck is Hope the new Phoenix and there is no Rachel? ESPECIALLY 'cause Cable is back!

Here's my predictions.

It seems like Emma is going to die, and I think Scott will then drop out of the X-men leadership and leave

DUM DUM DUM!
Magneto in charge. And he will then lead the X-men to become his new brotherhood, and THEY WON'T EVEN KNOW IT! MUAHAHA!

This of course mans they can do their bi-annual switcharound of the X-Titles.

Whaddyathink?

[Edited on 17/3/10 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

You spoiler!!!! I haven't read any of this >_< but :shifty I think everyone will die!!!!!
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Magneto? The leader of the X-Men? Preposterous! *cough*AoA*cough*
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Steyn, I realize you're speaking in sarcasm, but for those who are mulling it over,

it actually makes perfect sense
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Oh WOW. I can actually see that happening.

I am have NO IDEA who's going to die... although i LIKE the Emma theory. Not just because I hate her, but also because it would explain what Cannonball said in the free preview comic...

"I'm just saying... If you think this is hard... What do you think it's doing to Scott?"

However, Scott is SOOO incredibly stubborn and distrustful I doubt he'd give up the X-Men leadership to anybody even SOMEWHAT resembling Magneto.

Unfortunately... There is a preview of a couple of covers in the back of the comic, and Emma is on one of them....

Yeah. Sorry. I'm rambling and speculating again.

But hey, that's what this thread's for, right?
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Very much inded DexFlowr.

That is what this site is fooorrrr.....

Here's the link to the Teaser Panels of "Second Coming"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

WTF is Namor doing in there?

Axel Alonso & Nick Lowe discuss "The Greatest X-Men Crossover Yet"
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

My point exactly! There he is, standing over the dead body, and it clearly states: "ONE OF THESE X-MEN MUST DIE".

And there's Cable! Amongst the transparent images of the 6 possible candidates... Is this at the END of "Prepare"?

Is Cable *IN* Prepare? If so, where is he in it??? Does he say something or do they talk about him second hand? You describe it as a preview comic; is it unfinished?

==omg, Ty, buddy, can you make a single post w/out Editing today? JEEZ==

[Edited on 6/4/10 by Ult_Sm86]
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Yes, Cable is in Prepare, so it is not he who dies in X-Force. I thought there was a scan somewhere of his page. He is being recorded by the same girl who records all of the others. Iceman is there too, so it is not him either.

DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DreadPirateBluetail »

ComicAlliance's take on the possible death.

Also check their link to their earlier article about why Nightcrawler is a lock to die.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Sorry, I don't buy it. I read the article, and it seems like a bunch of path-of-writer conjecturing, that is to say, guys assuming they know where the story is going after this.

Of course, any time you make conjectures in comics, you're basically stating you know where the comic is going. I do believe though, that in terms of pissing-off-the-least-amount-of-fans and whilst still going ahead and dropping a kick in the face of some people who will be shocked, one of the deaths is (in my opinion) definitely Cable.

Now Logan would never call himself a friend to Emma. And it was a death in the X-Force, so I sincerely believe it's Warpath. They joined the team at approximately the same time, they fought in X-Force together, it makes total sense for him to be bummed out about it.

But we also are not told if the death we have seen them commentating on to the camera is the "One Will Die" or "One Will Sacrifice" death. I think differentiating between the two makes a big difference.

The six who you can choose from, two of them are in "Prepare"... so I don't think that's the big surprise death. I think the X-Force Death (The "Second Coming: Prepare" Death) that's the "Sacrifice." That also works out 'cause "One Will Sacrifice" ad ran as the X-Force team.

Which still leaves both my Angel and Cable theory wide open. I don't see them killing Bobby, and certainly not Colossus again.

Call me the only optimistic one, but I don't get why they would kill Kurt, it just doesn't seem like a smart move.

[Edited on 7/4/10 by Ult_Sm86]
DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DreadPirateBluetail »

Well, there have been so many teasers churned out for Second Coming that I don't think its unjustified to conjecture safely, but I respect your opinion.

I hope you're right and Emma kicks it instead.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I hope it's Angel, or Emma, or that miscellaneous female standing between Colossus and Iceman. Anyone but Kurt.

Maybe Logan considers Emma a friend now?

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I think the miscellaneous girl is X-23.

And I doubt highly he considers Emma a friend.

Though... finally saying who that girl is, a bit of a revelation just hit me. What if Logan considers X-23 a friend as well??
kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kurt_the_quick »

miscellaneous female also might be Hope.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Nah, the hair style is wrong. At least, as of right now it is. I'm pretty much dead sure it's X-23. It looks just like her from the first XM2C that was put out.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Most people seem to think the generic female is Magma. She could be Husk, too, perhaps.

I just picked up UM #523, Second Coming Chapter 02, and my initial reaction was, to paraphrase Kitty Pryde, "CYCLOPS IS A JERK!!!"
:mad

Does anyone else have this yet? What did you think?

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

neling4 wrote:Most people seem to think the generic female is Magma. She could be Husk, too, perhaps.

I just picked up UM #523, Second Coming Chapter 02, and my initial reaction was, to paraphrase Kitty Pryde, "CYCLOPS IS A JERK!!!"
:mad

Does anyone else have this yet? What did you think?
I have it, and without spoiling anything, I agree. Then again, I haven't liked how Cyclops has been acting ever since Marvel commissioned him as general of some mutant "army" and dictator of some mutant nation.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

okay... I cab see Magma... but I don't see how that's a relevant person to die....
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

My bet is on Nightcrawler...sadly.

Here are the clues :
1.Wolverine's mourning in the previews.
2.Matt Fraction saying one of his favourites dies.
3.The large amount of Nightcrawler this month (X-Men: Origins, Wolverine Origins, and Second coming #1 where he plays a significant role -something he has'nt done in a loooong time)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Today, I am guessing that it is Angel who dies.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Rumors are circulating that the lately re-re-renamed Ariel will die, and I'll be almost as miffed if that happens as if Kurt died.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well, I'll confirm here and now, one of the six people standing over there is

NOT MAGMA is NOT KITTY and is NOT HUSK or X-23.

It is IN FACT Hope, so my apologies to whoever I shut down. In Uncanny X-2nd Coming she gets a new hair style/costume change up.

So... should she die, it would be very "Phoenix-like" and I'm sure as a "SACRIFICE" she wouldn't stay dead.

Remember, someone dies in X-Force, and then after... (took me long enough to get that huh? :smirk ) so it's REASONABLE to guess that it IS Kurt.... but I don't see that happening, it's not logical to do away with him.

I stand by my original characters however. Warpath and Cable.

[Edited on 8/4/10 by Ult_Sm86]
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

And I think it will be Angel. All the arguments for Kurt dying could just as easily be applied to him. Also, the death occurs in X-Force, and Warren is a member of X-Force.

A death of a member of Logan's team, a member whom he now considers a friend, would shake him up pretty badly.