X-Men: 2nd Coming (SAY WHAAAA)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Wahnsinn wrote:
neling4 wrote:Oddly, it has been corrupted over the last hundred years or so to sound more like "Yaw" or "Yow".
That might depend on where you are. In my region of Germany, it sounds like "yah." The fun one is the shortening of nein to neh. I, on the other hand, am prone to dragging it out and giving my mother-in-law the giggles. There's nothing quite like a "Neiiiiiiiiiiiin!" to amuse her. :LOL
My people were from Bavaria, so I've heard.

I think it's funny that someone who looks as ndn as I should be saying "Ja". :LOL It's one of the perks of being of mixed race!
Trigger wrote:SPOILERS FOR THIS AND LAST WEEK'S ISSUES:

I do have to say though, that there was a really sweet scene in this week's installment between Storm and Logan. The two of them hanging out in Kurt's room reminiscing, it was really well done I think. And very in character for both Logan and Storm.

[Edited on 14/7/10 by Trigger]
Scans please!!!!:)
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

neling4 wrote:

Here they are:

Page One

Page Two

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

:bawl

I'm gonna cry! That was so sweet - so Logan and so 'Ro. I know it's cruel to think this way, but I love how broken up Logan is about this. His depression and his inability to trust himself are going to become stronger, I think, now that Kurt's gone.

I read this really great fanfic regarding Logan's reaction to Kurt's death. I think you guys might like it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6113999/1/
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

I agree, and I'm glad to see that the writers are keeping their promise as far as how much Kurt's death has impacted the x-men. His name has come up in nearly every book since his death.

SPOILERS OF LAST WEEK'S ISSUE:

Also, at the end of last issue when Wolverine takes a slice at Bastion he yelled "This is for Kurt!" Or something along those lines, I don't have the book with me. It was sweet. I'm interested to see how far this really affects Logan in future comics.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Also, at the end of last issue when Wolverine takes a slice at Bastion he yelled "This is for Kurt!" Or something along those lines, I don't have the book with me. It was sweet. I'm interested to see how far this really affects Logan in future comics.
X-Force is done but Logan doesn't even think about holding back in X-Men #1, he litterally decapitates some bitch.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Thank you, Trigger! Poor Logan. :(

That's a sweet story, Dedicatedfollower467. It reminds me of the woman who kept her husband's last message on her answering machine, after 9-11.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

see, those pages you linked??

THAT, right there, is why I like Storm over every other marvel x-lady.

She's one of Marvel's only strong female characters. Only one with grace, virtue, and sexuality when she eneds it.

Ororo is a hell of a woman.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Yes. Storm is an amazingly strong woman. So was Rogue. Few characters in superhero comics get to shine, especially not when Storm was first created. She is an excellent character; why do they keep ruining/underusing/overusing/changing/killing off their best characters?
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I think she's incredibly well used. She's married to a powerful man who admits, frequently, he isn't even 1/3 of a man without her and she is not just a "Queen", she's a powerful political figure (... sort of powerful) who is a Mutant, a huge step towards mutant peace/rights. One I think even Magneto would respect.

....possibly Exploit? :smirk
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Trigger wrote:
neling4 wrote:

Here they are:

Page One

Page Two

Guh! Here comes the knot in my guts and the lump in my throat again....
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

SPOILERINESS!!!
Trigger wrote:He time jumped one last time to get X-force home and that let the virus loose that killed him.
I'm a detail junkie: He used the last time jump to get them into the future. He purposely let loose the virus to be able to hold open the flesh-searing time portal so the others could go through safely. The portal collapsed on him, and all that was left was his arm.

I don't have this week's issue yet, so I shall behave myself and not look at the scanned pages!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Does anyone here recognize the letters on the last panel on the bottom of this page, and do you know what they say? Thanks.

http://comics.ign.com/dor/articles/1106 ... =mediaFull