X-Men: 2nd Coming (SAY WHAAAA)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

neling4 wrote:Or...........you could do what I did when I was little and had no money (and still do on occasion).

Read them through and then put them back on the shelf and not pay for them. :D
The guy there is my friend, but I think he'd pretty much freak if I tried to do that. They have a policy against allowing their patrons to read the whole comic and then put it back.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Dedicatedfollower467 wrote:
neling4 wrote:Or...........you could do what I did when I was little and had no money (and still do on occasion).

Read them through and then put them back on the shelf and not pay for them. :D
The guy there is my friend, but I think he'd pretty much freak if I tried to do that. They have a policy against allowing their patrons to read the whole comic and then put it back.
Really? How do you know if you want to own it then? I nearly always at least thumb through them.

If my LCS complained, I would have to remind him how much I have already spent at his shop, but he never has. I guess I am lucky.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

They'll let you thumb through a few pages, but if you just stand there and read the whole darn comic, they kinda get on your back about it.

I'll probably still hang out there though -- there's other fun stuff at the store besides comics. It's like, nerd heaven.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

B A M F ! wrote: We'll probably be treated to an image of Logan crouching over/cradling Kurt's body with an anguished/horrified look on his face...
"Elf....!"
It wouldn't surprise me if Logan skips over Kurt's bleeding body and calls his good buddy "Slim" to "Send another teleporter 'cause this one doesn't work anymore!", judging by his reaction the last few times Kurt was gravely injured.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well, if it is Kurt who dies, Logan is pretty beat up about it in that preview we were shown.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

Wait... In the prequel issue "Second Coming Prepare," didn't Wolverine say that he "watched his friend die"?

Wolverine and his crew are supposedly in Indianapolis according to the preview for the next issue, and Kurt's in Kansas City... He can't watch Kurt die if he's several states away can he? And since he and his team are trying to be a diversion as Kurt transports Hope to Scottopia, I don't really see why they would come in contact with each other again... hopefully.

[Edited on 25/4/10 by Trigger]
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well it's hard to tell what US geography is like in the Marvel universe. I mean, recent issues of Captain America put a midsize Pacific Northwest city in "the Heartland," yet somehow also near Las Vegas. Everywhere in Idaho is somewhere near Boise, even towns 350 miles away. Messiah CompleX showed barren deserts on the outskirts of Dallas, TX, where there really are sprawling suburbs. So since Missouri and Indiana are right next to each other, of course Wolverine should be able to see Kansas City from Indianapolis. ;)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

Well, if you ignore Illinois they are...:shifty

That's true, even in the last issue when Kurt "jumped eight hundred miles inside of a minute," Wolverine and his gang were apparently able to catch up with him with relative ease. I just don't know why they would meet up again so soon after splitting up.

Hopefully Kurt decides to stay very far away from Wolverine for at least another issue.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well it's hard to tell what US geography is like in the Marvel universe. I mean, recent issues of Captain America put a midsize Pacific Northwest city in "the Heartland," yet somehow also near Las Vegas. Everywhere in Idaho is somewhere near Boise, even towns 350 miles away. Messiah CompleX showed barren deserts on the outskirts of Dallas, TX, where there really are sprawling suburbs. So since Missouri and Indiana are right next to each other, of course Wolverine should be able to see Kansas City from Indianapoli

Don't get me wrong, you're right, it's a flub, but I think it's a writer-with-poor-sense-of-geography-flub not a Marvel-has-its-own-America-like-Tolkein-had-Middle Earth-flub. Look at it this way.... a midsize pacific northwest city still in the heartland could be something from Montana or Idaho. I mean... that's not coastal, and it's a bad use of geography on their part, but eh.

Also, that part of Texas may be sprawling with suburbs, but it's rather hard to engage readers these days when dicussing Texas outskirts and put them in the dangerous area between Birchwood Ave and Quinesset Pines development. :shrug

[Edited on 25/4/10 by Ult_Sm86]
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Heh. Heartland is at least in the Central time zone. But the implication I get is loud and clear. It's as if any state between New York and California doesn't matter enough to put more effort into avoiding those flubs. And how fast is Wolverine driving? Even at our top western (not Heartland- I don't know the speed limits in Missouri) speed limits, driving 800 miles will take over 10 hours. So unless Marvel collosally flubs US geography again (or Nightcrawler stops in the middle of all his teleporting to take a long nap) Wolverine's not likely to catch up with Kurt.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Unless the teleporter with Logan brings him there?

:toothy
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

But Ariel is either dead or "dead."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

She's definitely dead. Emma said so, and she should know in the same way that Prof X knew that Thunderbird had died. Ariel won't be back in time to save Kurt.

Illyana is in Limbo, and Pixie is being kept at Scottopia, probably in case she is needed for an evacuation.

Vanisher was told to wait around in San Francisco with Domino, but Cyclops can no longer communicate with any of them via Cerebro, so both Logan's group and Kurt's group are on their own.

Unfortunately, Bastion knows where they all are.

I am wondering how Logan and Kurt will reunite in time for Logan to witness Kurt's death, if he is the one to die.

I also wonder if Emma and Psylocke can communicate with each other, as both are telepaths. Or is their telepathy not powerful enough to communicate over that distance without Cerebro?

OMG! I just realized somthing! This is not Angel. This is Bastion!

http://s55.radikal.ru/i148/1004/00/44ab6727c66b.jpg

See the design on the chest:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_ ... =4990&pg=5

He is coming after them.

[Edited on 26/4/10 by neling4]

Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

neling4 wrote:

OMG! I just realized somthing! This is not Angel. This is Bastion!

http://s55.radikal.ru/i148/1004/00/44ab6727c66b.jpg

See the design on the chest:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_ ... =4990&pg=5

He is coming after them.

[Edited on 26/4/10 by neling4]
Woah, good eye! I totally thought that was angel.

Hopefully he decides to continue tracking Cable as his number one target instead of going after Kurt.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Angelique wrote:But Ariel is either dead or "dead."
I meant Vanisher, but I had forgotten he wasn't around.

AND WOW! Bastion! I can't believe I missed that as well!

Thank you for continuing to give us hope! :P (Hope??) LOL
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Trigger wrote:Kurt's in Kansas City.
Hurwha!?!?!? And nobody told me!?? ;)

Also, the speed limit in Missouri is 70... but you only get arrested if you go over 85. :shifty
Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

Slarti wrote:
Trigger wrote:Kurt's in Kansas City.
Hurwha!?!?!? And nobody told me!?? ;)
I know, I've been keeping my eyes peeled everytime I go out. There is no way he's dying in my city, not if I have anything to say about it! :D
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I love how our fastest road in Rhode Island is fucking 65 mph.
Ugh.

Anyways, this gives me some hope however...

Who is this, then?

It's not icarus...

To be fair though, that's just the cover... notice he does not show up here...

[Edited on 26/4/10 by Ult_Sm86]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Trigger wrote:
I know, I've been keeping my eyes peeled everytime I go out. There is no way he's dying in my city, not if I have anything to say about it! :D
Waaaait, and you're in Kansas City?! ...did I already know this?
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I haven't read any of these issues yet, so is Rogue changing into Hope's form so she can be a decoy (or can she even do that)? Or is Rogue going with Kurt and Hope?

What if the bad guys don't go after the decoys and go after our guy and Kurt teleports Hope back towards Logan's group because he can't make it to Utopia because he's wounded or something? Or maybe they get attacked in Kansas City and Kurt's wounded and they just leave him to die and Wolverine catches up to him a day later and he dies in his arms.......

AAAAHHHHHHGGGGG!!!!! :bawl I 'm thinking bad thoughts. Get them out of my head!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

If Rogue lets Kurt die....
My hate for her will grow ten-fold. :toothy Sorry, Esy.

Where's Gambit in all this?
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

@Ult_Sm86: It could be Angel, but I am hoping that is Mimic, come to join the X-Men, or a statue of Angel commemorating his heroic death.

@ Jeremus: Rogue has absorbed the powers of Logan, Colossus, X-23 and Psylocke and is accompanying Kurt and Hope back to Scottopia while Logan, Cable and the others act as decoys to draw off Bastion and his troops.

Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

Slarti wrote:
Waaaait, and you're in Kansas City?! ...did I already know this?
Haha, it's been a day of revelations for you hasn't it? But yes, I do think we've had a brief conversation about this before... ;) Uh, Go Cheifs?:)

And to Jeremus, I can't ever see Rouge just leaving Kurt to die... I'm not her biggest fan, but I don't think she'd ever be that awful.

[Edited on 26/4/10 by Trigger]
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

The cover of Legacy 235 features Rogue using not only the powers mentioned above, but also Warren's wings and Kurt's tail. http://www.comicvine.com/rogue/29-1446/ ... 5-1096598/

It's possible she would absorb a person's powers at the last minute before their death (she's done it before, I think) and then continue on in that person's stead. We already know she has most of the powers she's featuring on that cover, but how/why does she pick up Angel's and Nightcrawler's?

dundundun......
~Def.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Just in case Kurt does indeed die, please read this and take action!

viewthread.php?tid=13134#pid33698720

I don't want to lose the fuzzy elf. I need all the cheerfulness I can get these days. Unfortunately, I am beginning to lose hope that he will survive this last crossover arc.