X-Men: 2nd Coming (SAY WHAAAA)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Thanks for that pic, neling. It actually made me chuckle a bit. (Of course, it reminded me of St. Kurt's page about her Nightcrawler costume, and a comment she made about not really being able to flip the bird.)

[Edited on 28/4/2010 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Neling, thank you for the pic as well. It is now, officially, my Facebook userpic.

I am bringing in all my favorite Nightcrawler comics that I own today. Unfortunately, my collection is limited :(
I had always assumed I'd just be getting more as the character progressed. Most of my collection is made up of... *hack* Austen. :(

However, those are NOT my favorite, and will NOT be coming to school with me today.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Ult_Sm86 wrote: I had always assumed I'd just be getting more as the character progressed. Most of my collection is made up of... *hack* Austen. :(

However, those are NOT my favorite, and will NOT be coming to school with me today.
LOL. I still like Austen's work sorry.
At least, the guy really cared for Kurt ! ^^

Neling, your picture is great. I'd SO like to tuse the four letters word at the boards right now.
(damn it. This stupid event made me a poster again...)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Diablo wrote: Marvel just doesn't care, you know.
What they think about Kurt is that he's a beloved but minor character.
For us, he's the embodiement of the X-Men's spirit.
They just don't see things as we all do here.

You were right!:bawl

I'm so mad right now I think it's better if I don't post a comment to Joe Q or a complaint to Marvel. I need a couple of days to cool off.
But I will definitely be sending them my (politely worded) thoughts on the subject......oh, yeah.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

You are all welcome for the pic. I found it on the Nightcrawler thread at CBR.

I too intend to scribe a post for the Joe Quesada question thread at CBR, as soon as I think I can do it without using bad words.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

=(

Post by B A M F ! »

neling4 wrote:You are all welcome for the pic. I found it on the Nightcrawler thread at CBR.
I too intend to scribe a post for the Joe Quesada question thread at CBR, as soon as I think I can do it without using bad words.
Amazing... as upset as i've been all day today that actually gave me my first smile. Thnaks for that!

I've run the gamut of emotions today. Pretty sure that on one level or another everyone here knows exactly what i'm feeling. Kinda numb now and feeling more than a little depressed...think i'll be lazy and just copy-and-paste what i just posted over @ Marvel....

I KNEW it was coming...and even so it felt like someone just ripped my HEART right out of my chest.
I'm guessing that the FINAL decision on the killing off a major X-character has to come from about as high up the Marvel editorial ladder as you can go...( Et tu, QUESADA?)
Either way I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during that 2nd coming editorial brainstorming session to see WHO initally came up with and then who signed off on, the idea of killing off Kurt. And for that matter would also love to see WHO signed off on that recent HORRIBLE "re-interpretation" (read: Mangling) of Kurt's Origin!?
is it just me, or over the last few years has their been this underlying, conscious
--- On Mon, 4/12/10, David Phillips wrote:

I KNEW it was coming...and even so it felt like someone just ripped my HEART right out of my chest. Like many of my fellow Nightcrawler fans I now have ZERO interest in any of the canon X-books. Z-E-R-O. And for the lifetime that i've spent collecting Uncanny and pretty much anything Marvel puts out with an "X" on it, it truly breaks my heart to say that.
There is no "Heroic Age" without Kurt Wagner.
I'm guessing that the FINAL decision on the killing off a major X-character has to come from about as high up the Marvel editorial ladder as you can go...( Et tu, QUESADA?)
Either way I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during that 2nd coming editorial brainstorming session to see WHO initally came up with and then WHO all signed off on, the idea of killing off Kurt. And for that matter would also love to see WHO signed off on that recent HORRIBLE "re-interpretation" (read: Mangling) of Kurt's Origin!?!
Is it just me, or has there been this underlying, conscious effort to just TOTALLY CRAP on my favorite character?!
While I have to endure UMPTEEN titles of the SAME over-used, over-exposed X-characters crammed down my throat month? And now I don't even get to enjoy the "bone" thrown to me once or twice a month of what little exposure my all-time favorite x-man was given..?!?

UGGH.
Just ...UGHH.

BAMF!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Well said, BAMF !

It's always great to come here, particularly during these hard times.
Thanks to you all, I know I'm not the only one, in my corner of the universe, to mourn Kurt. :(

I managed to be polite towards Joe Q. It sure wasn't easy !!
Here is my post.
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/sh ... st11048203

[Edited on 28-4-2010 by Diablo]
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Sorry to all about the death in the Marvel family. He'll be back. We oughta send Paty an indigo armband, but that would be crass. I tried to put the bird-flippin' image onto my signature, but it came out way big, so I took it off.

I don't keep up with current Marvel, but am assuming Kurt's "essence" or something will end up in Limbo and get, like, a fill-er-up with some soul-sword thingy or his sister will give him mouth-to-mouth (that was for you, Ang, heh heh). Maybe after contest time I'll write a silly fic where each X-person stands around his grave and remembers dying and coming back. (Have they brought Kitty back yet?)

So, is it *this* to which the "demon" referred in the "Winding Way" series, when he asked him to stay out of the fray and not take sides? (Toldja, I don't keep up.)

And how/why did he die in Ultimate? (You can link me to a thread if you guys have hashed that to death already and I didn't notice or wasn't here yet.) I purposely quit checking those out of the library after he went berserko with Dazzler. The final scene in that Giant issue, with Rogue, was very touching, but I didn't like to picture Kurt being so ... so, ugh. I guess I could see him being all young and insecure and trying to make Allison notice him, but it was a little seedy for an old broad like me to swallow.

Catch you guys later. Just remember, our beloved Fuzzy One is alive and well in multiple ficverses. :D

[Edited on 28/4/10 by Elfdame]
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

SO....

I read the issue. It's ... epic. It is very epic. It's a very epic, appropriate, how Nightcrawler *SHOULD* die, death.

Unfortunately, it's still unnecessary and pointless, and a waste of a character for cheap thrills. I think Marvel needs to undo this immediately and it appears they may be leading up to (at the very least) a meet-up with Kurt in Limbo. Especially 'cause Colossus is DEMANDING they return to Limbo to fetch his sister.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:SO....

I read the issue. It's ... epic. It is very epic. It's a very epic, appropriate, how Nightcrawler *SHOULD* die, death.
I agree, since he apparently had to die, at least they sent him off the right way.

That was probably the best written comic book I've read in a long time. I think my heart is broken.

I'm so mad right now.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I am about to go out to get the book.

:oops:

[Edited on 30/4/10 by neling4]

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Unfortunately, putting a dead Catholic character in Limbo would be even worse.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Look for the cartoon redhead with the shamrock shirt on Joe Q's thread. I posted there.

[Edited on 28/4/2010 by Angelique]

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Angelique wrote:Unfortunately, putting a dead Catholic character in Limbo would be even worse.
Maybe I should clarify my assumption. Ang makes an extremely intelligent point. I assumed that's what they "would" do, not what I wish they would do. Yeah, that would be totally, totally not-square-on for a Catholic. I can't even manage to put Dr. Strange in my fanfics, since my two main characters are hardcore Catholics and shouldn't be consorting with those kinda spirits. But Marvel already has precedents for sticking Nighty in situations that no honestly-trying-to-be-Catholic-no-matter-how-imperfect-we-are guy would go. And "Limbo" -- whatever it is; I never understood their concept -- is part of their universe.

D'you suppose he and Jean are sitting around the bottom of the sea sipping tea with Namor and laughing over how they fooled everyone into thinking they were dead? Oh, I am so looking forward to the next Challenge because I think we'll be opening a six-pack of retcon.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Elfdame wrote:Sorry to all about the death in the Marvel family. He'll be back. We oughta send Paty an indigo armband, but that would be crass. I tried to put the bird-flippin' image onto my signature, but it came out way big, so I took it off.
Yes, he'll be back. Don't kill me, but to be honest, I'm not entirely sure I want him to come back. I'm tired of the "resurrection" theme in X-Men stories, and I'm sick of the way they treat the character. There's not enough respect there. I almost do want him to stay dead, if only so that my memories of him stay pristine.
I don't keep up with current Marvel, but am assuming Kurt's "essence" or something will end up in Limbo and get, like, a fill-er-up with some soul-sword thingy or his sister will give him mouth-to-mouth (that was for you, Ang, heh heh). Maybe after contest time I'll write a silly fic where each X-person stands around his grave and remembers dying and coming back. (Have they brought Kitty back yet?)
Please, no. I don't want him running around in Limbo. If he's dead, I'd rather he was in heaven. (P.S. Yes, Kitty came back from outer space, but she can't stop phasing and so can't make her vocal chords vibrate to speak.)
So, is it *this* to which the "demon" referred in the "Winding Way" series, when he asked him to stay out of the fray and not take sides? (Toldja, I don't keep up.)
I never thought of that! We got the impression that it was going to be something more along the lines of Armageddon, you know, Heaven and Hell fighting each other. However, if it was this that Mephisto was talking about -- it makes it almost seem as though he might have been warning him about this. Which is somewhat disturbing.

And don't worry, I'm going to go out and write about a million Kurt Requiem pieces. Go look for em on fanfic.net if you're really interested.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DreadPirateBluetail »

Trigger wrote:
Ult_Sm86 wrote:SO....

I agree, since he apparently had to die, at least they sent him off the right way.

That was probably the best written comic book I've read in a long time. I think my heart is broken.

I'm so mad right now.
I had a dress rehearsal today and had the issue in my bag. Another actor asked to read it backstage and now we have another Nightcrawler fan...I told him I'd lend him others starring the elf being his lively self. So that's one good thing that came out of this issue.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

The best written comic with the worst idea in a long time. I took a look at it, but still didn't buy. The best writer in the world can't make a good story out of a bad story idea. (Which is why I have so few issues with Kurt in a collar.)

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

He'll be in Limbo, and he'll be there on purpose. On his accord. Waiting for his friends to tell them to let him go, it was out of their hands, he made a choice and it was his time to Die. He'll pull the "God's decision" card and everyone will hug/kiss good-bye and he'll be gone. That's how I see it coming up with him in Limbo.

The question is... (not that I'll be reading, but)

What's next? No Kurt, fine. How do you plan on resolving this story Marvel? this thread's about Second Coming so let's try to figure out exactly HOW they're supposed to Protect Hope from here on-out. Seems like Bastion is a damn-near unstoppable force.

[Edited on 28/4/10 by Ult_Sm86]
kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kurt_the_quick »

fuck this reality. Kurt's still out in space. with Cerise.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Ult_Sm86 wrote: What's next? No Kurt, fine. How do you plan on resolving this story Marvel? this thread's about Second Coming so let's try to figure out exactly HOW they're supposed to Protect Hope from here on-out. Seems like Bastion is a damn-near unstoppable force.
Enter Phoenix. Image

{runs away before Scrawlers can slap her for impudent humor during this time of mourning}

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Not happening. I mean... Maybe she's the PHOENIX... but I don't think she's Jean. I really don't.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I just got back with the book.

All I have to say is, she is not "worth it". Nothing is.

One or two sparks of hope: (No pun intended at all, I assure you.)

1. He is a fictional character, so there is always the possibility that he will be resurrected. I have to disagree vehemently with those who say he should stay dead. I want him back.

2. The T.O. virus. Is Bastion not riddled with the T.O. virus? Is that not what brought Cypher back to life? Is it possible that Kurt is now infected with the T.O. virus, due to the arm which is now sticking out of his chest?

Wishful thinking perhaps, but maybe he won't stay dead for too long.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I wondered how my beloved Cypher suddenly appeared in some of the reviews. I liked him.

Keep the faith, neling. I see the points of those who grow weary of pseudo-deaths and deaths-with-resurrections, but I agree with those who think that MU needs Nightcrawler. He rocks!

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Elfdame wrote:I wondered how my beloved Cypher suddenly appeared in some of the reviews. I liked him.

Keep the faith, neling. I see the points of those who grow weary of pseudo-deaths and deaths-with-resurrections, but I agree with those who think that MU needs Nightcrawler. He rocks!
After 35 years of being a Nightcrawler fan, I am going through severe withdrawal symptoms. I'm only half kidding. :(

LIV4TheObsession
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LIV4TheObsession »

-sigh- At lest his death scene was cool. And I do want to see how Logan will take this. (It better not be overly-angsty though. We've got enough of that in MarvelU.)

I really wish they'd have Hope's powers friggin' manifest already! Right now it just looks like she's got some mid pre-cog powers or something. She's 17 now! Isn't the X gene supposed to kick in at puberty?! C'mon!
DeviantArt: http://liv4theobsession.deviantart.com/

"Your life is not back and white but it is the million shades of grey that make you who you are." ~ Unknown