X-Men: 2nd Coming (SAY WHAAAA)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

That's why I say Warpath, 'cause he joined at the same time.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Warpath is not on the cover of X-Force #26, so it cannot be he who dies in that issue. I say it is Angel.

I don't want Warpath to die either. There are too few ndn's in the X-world as it is.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

There's two deaths. The one that's a "death" is second, I think, the first death is a "sacrifice" and the sacrifice ad is the X-Force, and as you said, no Warpath.

and

and

and finally

Just added recently:

[Edited on 9/4/10 by Ult_Sm86]
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

This is the X-Force cover, in which one will die:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_ ... 1270567763

I don't think they dare kill off Warpath.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Why not? They said it's a surprise death, members of Marvel forums are saying it's a $$ kill, and why kill Kurt 'cause that won't bring any $$, you'll loose people if he doesn't come back by the end of the book, so.....

I dunno. He's a great guy but he's sort of just collecting dust, farting around on X-Force. Again, I think the Sacrifice death isn't gonna be permanent, maybe even a fake-out.
I think it's very strange that Cable is one of the few who they're saying to die, but he's in the X-Force Ad and Warpath is NOT.

Also, I take back my earlier apology, I'm looking at the get-up the girl is wearing in that cover and it's not the same as Hope's. So maybe it is Magma, but I still say it's X-23, though I'm told that's a Gen-X (or was it New Mutants) outfit. Husk?? But why kill her? Why even threaten to kill her, what's the point? It's sad but who actually cares?

[Edited on 9/4/10 by Ult_Sm86]
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

The reason I don't think they will kill Warpath is because, IMHO, they don't want to be accused of racism by killing off every ndn character. I'm not sure how many are left. Only three, other than Warpath, come to mind. They have killed two, Thunderbird and Forge. Just my theory. I could be far off.

Well, I've enjoyed our discussion Ult_Sm86, but I'm really sleepy. Got to get up at 6:00 A.M., so I will say goodnight to you. Perhaps we can continue tomorrow. I think better after coffee. :)

[Edited on 9/4/10 by neling4]

Ding dang it! I have more to say, and I was hoping someone would post so I wouldn't be double-posting.

I'll just have to edit my last post.

The Marvel forums are really beginning to annoy me because non-Nightcrawler fans keep popping into our Nightcrawler appreciation thread to rub Kurt's apparent approaching demise in our faces, and to see how we are taking it. :mad I refuse to discuss it there in front of all the vultures.

I studied the latest teaser from Marvel, and this is how I see it:

Who is likely to die, from left to right on the latest teaser:

1. Colossus: Not likely. He just came back. It would look stupid to kill him again.

2. Who is that girl standing between Piotr and Bobby? I have no idea who she is so I don't know if she is likely to die or not, but I am pretty sure she is not a close friend of Logan's, so...she's probably safe.

3. Bobby the Iceman: Seen in the Prepare: One Shot, so not the one to die.

4. Angel: Just as likely as Kurt, and I'm hoping it's him because...anyone but Kurt!

5. Emma: Could not be called a friend to Logan, so it is not her, darn!

6. Kurt: I hope to goodness not, but I suppose just as likely as Warren.

7. Cable: Seen in Prepare: One Shot, so, again, not the one to die in X-Force #26.

So, there are really only two possibilities: Kurt and Warren. As the death occurs in X-Force, I am hoping that means that a member of X-Force dies....like Warren.

I have nothing against Angel, but as I said, I want it to be just about anyone but Kurt.

Besides, didn't Apocalypse revive Warren once? He might just do that again, and everyone can be happy.

Here is a link to the next issue of The Second Coming Crossover arc:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4854

Cameron Hodge has a cannon. He is targeting teleporters, but, he has a grudge against Angel and he doesn't like him at all, so....

[Edited on 10/4/10 by neling4]

B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

"Cameron Hodge has a cannon. He is targeting teleporters.."

NELING that's one of MANY ominous signs during this story arc that lead me to believe that the WORST is actually going to happen...:mad :mad :mad

Can't stand even the THOUGHT of it but the signs are NOT looking good...:( !!!!

BAMF!
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Targeting teleporters???

I'm officially worried. It would, unfortunately, explain a lot. For example, the sudden upswing in stories with Nightcrawler in them, even though there weren't many before. All the references to a good friend -- Logan's grief. Kurt's points in the first issue of Second Coming. And, of course, the fact that he is hanging out on the cover of the issue in which someone supposed to die.

The rest, except for Warren, seem unlikely candidates.

For the first time in my life, I am hoping Warren will die. If only because I don't want Kurt to!
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

:shifty

Actually, the canon just messes teleporters up. Probably being used to kick off the Hellbound thing they wanna do next. Alas, this canon practically took the fight out of Kurt, and if he can't go on fighting, I'm wondering how he'll be killed.

[Edited on 15/4/10 by Freak]
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Sorry. That's William Stryker with the cannon, not Hodge.

Archangel cut Stryker in half, so he's out of the picture.

Right now, I reallyreallyreallyreally dislike everyone at Marvel involved in making this stupid decision, if they do indeed kill Kurt. :mad

I hope Logan sticks his claws in Scott-the-dictator. :evil

I also hope Marvel loses beaucoup money. :evil

DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DreadPirateBluetail »

I see this cover for the Heroic Age's X-men #1 as pretty solid confirmation that Nightcrawler will die.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I saw that.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Kicking off the so-called heroic age after killing off the X-Men's most genuinely heroic character (and keeping said character's best friend on the same team under the "leadership" of the person who commands everyone else to do all the dirty work for him) would have to be the dumbest move Marvel's ever made.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kurt_the_quick »

*siiiigh*

I suppose it's possible that the one silhouette on the left in the X-Force pic might be Kurt, but I bet it's just Psylocke's waist ribbon things flapping in the wind.

so yeah, I think he's totally going to bite it.
Angelique wrote:Kicking off the so-called heroic age after killing off the X-Men's most genuinely heroic character (and keeping said character's best friend on the same team under the "leadership" of the person who commands everyone else to do all the dirty work for him) would have to be the dumbest move Marvel's ever made.
Marvel seems to be ranking up a ton of them in X-Men lately.

:rainy
DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DreadPirateBluetail »

I was about to post that link as well....I kind of hoped it was a tail, too. But you're right, it's most likely Psylocke.

Le sigh.

Here's to resurrection storylines, right?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

The only thing that could possibly be worse in my opinion than killing Kurt off are the ramifications of bringing him back. I can't think of any good way to handle that except that it was all a hoax of Nightcrawler's to show just how callous and indifferent to the lives of mutants Cyclops has become in his paradoxical zeal to save mutantkind, and that Nightcrawler never in fact dies.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kurt_the_quick »

Angelique wrote:The only thing that could possibly be worse in my opinion than killing Kurt off are the ramifications of bringing him back. I can't think of any good way to handle that except that it was all a hoax of Nightcrawler's to show just how callous and indifferent to the lives of mutants Cyclops has become in his paradoxical zeal to save mutantkind, and that Nightcrawler never in fact dies.
I hope that whoever brings him back is clever enough to not only do it well but also fix all the problems that writers have created with his origin over the last decade.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Angelique, do you think Paty would like to post a statement on the Marvel website, on the X-Men forums, protesting this? They might listen to her.

Even if they didn't, I would love to see what she has to say about it.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I could think of a good way to bring him back......time travel.

In the future, as Cyke leads the Xmen into a spiraling vortex of anti-hero doom, the Xmen lose their way, the world is a worse place for mutants, and Marvel finds their sales plummeting as a result, Logan has the opportunity to travel back into time to "fix" all the problems that Second Coming caused. The point where the time stream changed for the worse was when Nightcrawler lost his life to save Hope. So Logan goes back and stops Kurt from dying....thereby changing the time stream for the better. Marvel sales go up, Nightcrawler fans are happy and all is right with the world.

And I would also be interested in knowing what Mrs. Cockrum has to say on the subject.
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

.......snaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

They're killing off their most selfless and heroic character right before the Hero Age? I agree, that's bad planning.

I knew that they would have issues dealing with Kurt's character in this day and age... but do they have to KILL him? And what's worse -- are they going to make it awful when they bring him back?

And as for it all being a hoax -- I can't see Kurt causing anyone that much emotional pain, just to make a point. If he dies, I think he's dead. Unless some all-powerful being decides to bring him back. :die
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

If Kurt dies .... Ugh... I feel sick LOL
okay...*deep breath*

If Kurt dies, they have a few things they need to do.

1) He needs to go out like a Rockstar. This means he needs to not go "ANAKIN! Finish him!" and then be thrown out a window screaming like a bitch as someone shoots lightning at him.

2) He needs to be part of (if not heading) an elite Super Team based on going after supernatural world-shattering, calamities. On this team should be Magik, Strange, Psylocke, Ghost Rider, Blade, and Deadgirl.
However, we already know Psylocke & Blade are both heavily involved in the NEXT X-Men story plot, and Strange as well is busy doing his own "save the world from Dhurmamu" thing, and on top of all of that...

It looks like Spder-Man is joining the X-Men in San Francisco. Yyyyeaaah.... Not sure how I feel about that. Kill Kurt and throw in PETER?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Yeah. I'm sorry, but trading the guy who wouldn't deal with Mephisto even to see his dead brother again for a guy who sold his soul and marriage to save the life of someone who wouldn't have approved of his choice to kick off the heroic age makes little sense. You have to have real heroes for a heroic age.

Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Jeremus wrote:

And I would also be interested in knowing what Mrs. Cockrum has to say on the subject.
Me too !!
Ult_Sm86 wrote: 2) He needs to be part of (if not heading) an elite Super Team based on going after supernatural world-shattering, calamities. On this team should be Magik, Strange, Psylocke, Ghost Rider, Blade, and Deadgirl.
However, we already know Psylocke & Blade are both heavily involved in the NEXT X-Men story plot, and Strange as well is busy doing his own "save the world from Dhurmamu" thing, and on top of all of that...
heading it, of course ! I love this idea.

But let's face it, people : it won't be happening soon. If not ever. Marvel doesn't like the elf the way we do. His imminent death is the ultimate proof... :(

If only a writer in charge of the X-Men could REALLY love and respect the character !
I miss the Alan Davis and Darick Robertson days...
Fraction, with his Cyclops show, is an enormous disappointment.

I'm still waiting, but with no hope.
And I'm done with Marvel. Oh yeah !
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I found this quoted on the marvel.com forums. Not sure where it is from:
Alonso: We would never kill Cyclops. Ever
I have a theory. "This is my theory. My theory, by Ann Elk" etc:

Everything seems to center on emphasizing the "awesomeness" of Cyclops-the-Jacka...I mean...the Magnificent.

1. Storm was sent to Wakanda and married off to the Black Panther to get her out of the way so that there would be no danger of her awesomeness detracting from the awesomeness of Cyclops.

2. Wolverine and Cyclops are suddenly "close" friends. (When did that happen???) Everything Cyclops does is hunky-dorey with Wolvie now. He has "earned" Wolvie's respect. :rolleyes Wolvie is being used to validate Cyclops. If Wolvie likes and respects him, we all must. To seal the deal, he affectionately calls him "Slim". :kiss

3. Kurt's in the way. He questions Cyclops-the-all-knowing-and-all-powerful Wizard of Scottopia, and we can't have that. A mutant who thinks with his brain is a danger to Cyclops.

Thus: Kurt must die, sacrificed on the altar of Scott-the-Awesome.

OR!!!!!

It's all a "clever" ploy to keep us all guessing and Kurt will not die, and that is Mimic or a statue of Angel in that cover up there and Kurt is that shadowy figure to the far left of Logan in the New X-Force cover teaser.

There, "I've run rings around you logically." because I am in a Monty Python mood today.

Eh! My brain hurts from all that thinking.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

My usual OT-ness:

I do like Cyke-o in the First Class book. He has a bit of a sense of humour and is still learning (also Original Jean is still around to be his heart-throb, 'nuff said).

I don't follow enough to know what's happening lately in the flagship titles, but face it, if they do the Elf in, he'll be back sooner than you can say Schwarzenegger. All the way back to the Aguirre-Sacasa issues, the demons (or whatEVer they are) were warning him that he was to play a big role in some apocalyptic (haha) battle. So if they 86 him, I'd say it's been a long time coming.

Loved the Python refs, neling! We could also do a "Norwegian Blue Elf pining for the fjords" parody/skit in honour of his soon-to-be-demise, but ... that would bring tears of sadness rather than laughter, huh?

It would be fun to coax Paty into a rant. Plus hear her thoughts on Magneto leading the X-beings again. (Altho I'm sure one of her comments would be for him to have a revealing, form-fitting costume, perhaps a clingy magenta version of Ka-Zaar's loincloth. :D )

And again this is why I love fanfic. Because often the fans understand The Way It Oughta Be (like fer 'xample, Spidey would not UNmarry a certain redhead, can I get an Amen from the O'Reilly corner?). If they kill him, Rowena's next Challenge should be called Retcon CIty: Bring Him Back Or Undo It Without Demonic Assistance.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."