Uncanny costumes!

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny costumes!

Post by BlueJubatus »

its cool...but at the same time creepy. cant decide wether or not i like it. I dont like how whes got nighty.:( hope he looses the collar:P
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Uncanny costumes!

Post by ces »

Well... I think the style of Asamiya-san is more like Western comics than manga. Of course there are some manga-ish things, like Husk's face for instance. Sadly, however, I don't like the branch of manga that depicts faces like that...

And Archangel? - Please! This is the present era and location, and that is not his sense of fashion, or I have misunderstood him completely characterwise. Not to be talking about Northstar, I had so much hope in him - but I'll hold a tight grip on myself before I shatter that belief and myself, it might get better, it might...

Well, what Asamiya Kia says ("Nightcrawler's the demon") I think rather perfectly sums up his take on Nighty. It's an interesting look, I confess, but that doesn't have to mean I like it. I don't like it all. He looks famish (sp?), and he seems to have that extremely long tail again, not to mention that it isn't quite so thick!

But, as an end note, I'll say Asamiya-san has my fullest trust. At least till I can judge his art well printed in a comic book. *struggles to keep my faith in him up*
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Hsu »

Hmm... I don't care for it much. But, I'll read it anyway, as it is my sacred duty as a crawler fan to keep reading anything crawler related!
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

i iknow! Nighty needs to eat something... QUICK! he's skin and bones, the poor boy!

and archangel...er... well... i'm at a loss. i am thinking there must be a story behind this new look, so i will reserve judgement for now, but...it's... um... well... yeah...

and i still say Northstar may as wll be Multiple Man.

Bobby is still a cutie tho :naughty:
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Panz »

MUST....EAT.....CHOCOLATE.......
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny costumes!

Post by BAMFCentral »

Well his run doesn't start till this December, so there should be enough time for ArchAngel's hair to grow out.

Yeah that might yet be the dog collar.

One quick note, for a closer look at the nightcrawler pic, head over to my site, it is the top news item.

I would say his influence is eastern based, look at some of the stuff coming out of Japan these days. Cowboy Bebop, Vampire Hunter D 2, Street Fighter Alpha, etc.

The look of the girl, as far as anime is concerned is pretty typical. Fairly acurate, though a few exaggerated features, body wise and then the big eys. Guys tend to be kept more angular and slimer in the face. If it was more manga base, the guys would look closer like the girls head, imagine Pokemon for example.

All in all, I like it. But it will be a big departure from Garney's work. hopefully each story arc will only feature one artist and they wont flip-flop between the 2 mid arc. As they often do in New X-Men.

Sorry about starting the thread in the wrong forum. :oops:, thanks for moving.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny costumes!

Post by kladyelf »

Ow... Kurt looks crabby and underfed, poor thing, that collar must be too tight, here let me loosen it.... yoink! :)
Oh well, this looks like a character design that could improve once the artist draws him a bit, gets more used to him etc.
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Sugah
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Sugah »

I'm rather "eh" on most of these designs. Iceman and Wolverine haven't changed much, I like their looks.

Juggernaut looks great too. :love:

Archangel though, looks like a cross between a Roman gladiator and a medievil knight:p If you squint enough, he looks like he's in a knee-length skirt :P

I'm sure Northstar's new costume is hella aerodynamic, but his old costume was just a classic.

Nightcrawler is so.. skinny, and his pose seems derived from Evolution Kurt: slightly bent over, long toes and bent knees. Not too fond of his look.:?

Husk is... okay. I love that she's in the book, but I'm not too hoorah on the skirt and the face. Ah well, I hope they'll use her powers better now, like they did in Generation Next and the Counter X revamp. So not just changing into another form of herself in another element, but also liquids etc. Just changing her form like she could before Lobdell got his hands on her would be nice too (bugs, birds).

Am I the only one missing Stacy here? I thought Austen would continue to use her...
"I mean, look at Cable. Look at that bloody *gun*. It's bigger'n *he* is. What does that say to people?" -- Pete Wisdom,

"Kitty, are you nearly done? I think you're just playing with them now."
"Give me a minute. This one's still got his eyes open." -- Pete and Kitty

"If there is anyone present who can think of a reason why we should not have our heads examined for trusting Spiral, may you speak now or forever hold your peace. Then by the power vested in me as Excalibur's team leader, I pronounce this mission a 'Go'!"
"*sniff* I always cry at weddings." -- Kurt and Kitty, Excalibur #109
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Uncanny costumes!

Post by ces »

Oh, I forgot to thank you BC! Thank you for the pictures! :D

I've never heard of the manga you mention, but then again you probably haven't heard of mine either... (reads them in Japanese with fanlations and dictionaries at the side) But since manga is so huge, there are so many branches. While there exists many styles with heads like that of Husk, I still prefer styles with more defined heads. If you wish, you can look at this picture to see what style I'm into (Touda, from Yami no Matsuei by Matsushita Youko)...

And just a little cool fact. ;)
A few years ago (around 2000 I think), the written media was 'investigated' in Japan. Very close to fifty percent :o of all written media was manga! (written media = newspapers, weekly magazines, novels, other magazines et cetera... well written media.) I mean, wouldn't it be extremely cool if 50 % of everything written would be comics where you live!?
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny costumes!

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

I do admit that Kurt looks like he's losing weight here... but at least they got rid of the pointy hair/hat thing... It looks like he has curly hair again... all in all I will reserve my final judgement until december... talk about a birthday present... they redseigned everyone
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny costumes!

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Once again I say anytime they change Nighty to something different than my view of him I do not like it!:ick: So I don't think I'll be getting...:shame: Sigh! Uncanny's one of my faves too! I really don't know though...We'll have to see. It may just be that particular pic or something... Bobby at least does look really cute, except his nose doesn't seem quite right (now how nitpicky is that?!:rolleyes: ).
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Slarti »

Okay, I don't like it. Nope. Sorry. None for me, thanks.

I like manga, but I prefer to see manga-style stay in manga books. I think the X-Men is the wrong vehicle for forcing people into accepting manga style. I won't quit buying it because of the art, but I'll probably just cringe every time I see it.

I agree with everybody else's criticisms entirely, so there's no point in my repeating them. But where is Stacy? Hmmmm.... is this a little blunder to tell us she'll be the sacraficial lamb?
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny costumes!

Ya know... Chamber's not there either... is he leaving the uncanny books temporarily for the icons series or is this permanent?
Sugah
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Sugah »

I'm not sure if it's permenant, but I do think Austen said Chamber would leave and only appear as a supporting character at most.

Not that I mind, Husk always deserved becoming an x-Man more;)
"I mean, look at Cable. Look at that bloody *gun*. It's bigger'n *he* is. What does that say to people?" -- Pete Wisdom,

"Kitty, are you nearly done? I think you're just playing with them now."
"Give me a minute. This one's still got his eyes open." -- Pete and Kitty

"If there is anyone present who can think of a reason why we should not have our heads examined for trusting Spiral, may you speak now or forever hold your peace. Then by the power vested in me as Excalibur's team leader, I pronounce this mission a 'Go'!"
"*sniff* I always cry at weddings." -- Kurt and Kitty, Excalibur #109
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Nandireya »

Theory about Kurt's scrawniness...

IF his power's increasing...explaining the jaunt from Paris to Germany...maybe it puts a lot of stress on his body when he does a long range teleport...therefore requiring a higher calorie intake...which he hasn't figured out yet...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

i think yer grasping at straws there... :p

*sigh* well, he may have funny hair, but atelast Phillips draws him with the correct build... and Garneys Crawler was pretty decent in 402, if a bit inconsistent. but atleast he had a nice bod. both of em also drew archangels wings nice and big... ok yeah, i am looking forward to Garneys art more and more, and am already missing Phillips after seeing the Kias sketches :rolleyes:
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Booker »

The Deadpool comics are a lot more manga-y than these designs are, really. I don't find these all that much different than Western comic-style. At least they don't have technicolor hair and eyes that take up 3/4 of their face and overly wierd proportions like HUGE heads and bulging Dragon Ball Z muscles.

Allthough I must say that I *hate* Angel's design. Ick. I liked the suave buisness-man look he had before. Yuck.
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

i know, he was soooo cool when he went all buisnessman-like... showed you dind't have to beat the bad guys with your fists, you could do it with your brains and other resources just as effectively.
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Booker »

That and he's a blue and wingy in a buisness suit. It's just cool looking.
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny costumes!

While the business look really fits Warren... he seems so stiff! Guess it's just me... I'm one who likes to see people all relaxed not stuffy...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

i dunno, i thought Warren was quite sexy in his buisness suit :lick: and instead of being the useless member of the team so many labled him as because he couldn't fire lasers outa his ass, he was a very important member of the team.

well, it's confirmed, Husk is joining as we had all guessed, but the wildcard of Juggernaut IS joning Uncanny! sort of.

"Juggernaut joining won't be official for a loooong time, and it will always be questioned. Is he sincere? Is he just using Xavier? Is it wise to have him living in the mansion? Studying X-fighting techniques in the Danger Room? But when he finally decides to join an X-team, it will mean fun and surprises for all, and for several issues. Juggernaut is changed by his relationship with someone at the school, and it leads him in some unexpected directions that make him wonder about his true, personal nature, and his relationship with Xavier. It's going to be some powerful stuff and have long lasting implications for all the people at Xavier's. Juggernaut is fast becoming one of my favorite characters to write. He reminds me of what Wolverine used to be early on when Wolverine was a wild card, an unknown, and someone you weren't sure if you could completely trust."

http://x-mencomics.com/xfan/showarticle ... tid=224645

strangely, from the sounds of it the team is not thrilled with Husk joining. that she joins under 'inappropriate' circumstances (like stacy didn't) huh, i wonder what that means.

so. Uncanny team is as follows :warren: :bamf: :icey: :stacy: :wolvie: :northie: :havok: :juggy: and :husk: (as soon as i make a smilie)
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Elwing »

Maybe the inappropriate circumstances have something to do with the unfortunate exit of somebody else? Didn't Husk have a thing with Chamber, by the way?
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny costumes!

Post by BAMFCentral »

Yeah, Husk and Chamber where an item briefly. But I didn't follow the Gen X story line too much. When I left the series they were just getting close.

Off topic, but OMG :shocked: those wings on Angel are cool. I am going to have to modify my Metal Wing Death smilie to keep pace with the upgrade Warren recieved. The Lockheed is great too :lockheed:. I'll take a stab at redoing my Northstar, once colors for his new costume are known.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny costumes!

Post by BAMFCentral »

Many have probably seen this, but!!!

X-fan article

The color change to Kurt's costume caught me off guard.

Notice anything diff about warren?? I guess is an upcoming change.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

oh wow, i was right!!! i had guessed that colour change a while ago :p

i guess they look better in colour , but Kurt is still too creepy for my tastes...

*gasp!!* well guess i made this smilies :angel: just in time then... :p i'll have to make the hair longer... but i liked Warren better blue :(