Uncanny costumes!

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

well Chuck is really lousy at spilling the beans on secrets, but OTHER people have been quite good about providing spoilers :evil:

from Steve Uy, the cover artist for Uncanny.
Originally posted by sUy
That avatar's Iceman, from the #420 cover I'm working on. The new designs are a lot of fun to draw, a lot more interesting than black leather, though I suspect that all the armor and clothes may turn to spandex when it's drawn in the mainstream style.

or did I just say too much?

ARMOR??? :ooh: if there's armor there's just one thing to ask; what goes better with armor than swords? need to see some swords!! :D

thank goodness, the 410 costumes arent sticking around! *whew*
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny costumes!

Post by BamfKat »

I would LOVE to see a return of the blades to Kurt's hands! "Come! We've bucles to swash aplenty..." :bamf:
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Garble »

Originally posted by BamfKat
I would LOVE to see a return of the blades to Kurt's hands!
...and to his tail!
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny costumes!

Post by BlueJubatus »

YAY! Three swords, body armor, YAY!!!! even if its not definate, if he gets his sword back, itll be a step in the right direction....course, he could go all AOA on us and just go kinda psycho....:P
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

personally i'm just thrilled it's not the costumes from the cover of Uncanny 410 :ick: those were jsut ugly! anything will be better than those... we really do not need the X-Men wearing kitchen gloves!

if armor means swords... :D we get our swashbuckler back!

but from what i have heard of what may be thier 'casual wear' costumes, atleast Archangels, i am not relly sure what to make of them... and i am wondering what Ron Garney's fascination with gloves is. but alteast Bobby gets his trench and shades back. :icey:
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Slarti »

I just hope it's not a return to the style they had when Claremont came back. Remember Yu redesigned their costumes with armor, and it left something to be desired -- at least for me.

I'd be thrilled to see Nighty get his swords back! I just don't want to see him turn into AoA Nighty! Yike!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Panz »

* Pandora does the happyhappyjoyjoy dance around her apartment*
That would be SO cool if Nighty got his blades back..im kind of whatever about armour myself, but the swords....:eek::love::love::love::love:
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

i hope they give him good swords, not dinky little peter pan swords, no no, i mean like, Link swords, like small, but fast, and thins but sharp. Anyone seen 13th warrior. A bit like that.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

oo, oison, romeo and juliet is getting better....
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

poison, not oison, poison... ooo
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Bamfman86
i hope they give him good swords, not dinky little peter pan swords, no no, i mean like, Link swords, like small, but fast, and thins but sharp. Anyone seen 13th warrior. A bit like that.
nighty has *always* used rapiers, and sabers/cutlass', so he'll get one of those, in true swashbuckler fashion. probably a trio of sabers if he gets swords, since those are more 'deadly' looking than rapiers sicne they have a definate edge to them.

like so: http://www.medieval-weaponry.com/en-us/dept_294.html

i am thinking something along the lines of the top cutlass.. it's his colours and everything :)

of course there is always the distinct possibility they could go for rapiers, since it is m ore 'romantic' and swashbuckler. but i don't think Garney is the kinda guy to go for a complex hilt design which is most of the artistic appeal of a rapier.

http://www.medieval-weaponry.com/en-us/dept_525.html
http://www.medieval-weaponry.com/en-us/dept_522.html
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny costumes!

Post by ahmed »

I've always thought that NC's original costume was the best, mostly because it was, well, the original.:bamf:
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

well, of course.. the original will ALWAYS be the best, but i don't think we will be seeing it's return anytime soon, as Marvel is against the whole spandex look... :(
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny costumes!

Post by kurtlover »

cool!!!! thanx for the info
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny costumes!

Post by BlueJubatus »

DROOL.......................
-cleans off her face-
ooooh, those are beautiful blades....course, being a saberist myself, I am most partial to the cutlasses and sabers.;) :);) LoL, I always loved it when he used three of them:)
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Crawler »

I think the thing that would force a saber into NC's hand (though I think rapiers are a better fit) is that rapiers are thin, looong, straight blades...and that makes it hard to get the perspective right when drawing them. (at least in my experience)
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny costumes!

Post by little Blue Lucy »

The sword my Nighty action figure has is more like a Saber.
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

*ahem* - we have confirmation:
Chuck Austen sez....
Well, they release the new costumes next week at San Diego, so maybe you didn't say too much. I've been hinting that the black leather is going away, so we cool.
hopefully the costumes will also be available to be seen in Toronto so i can see them. ;)
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by Bamfette
*ahem* - we have confirmation:
Chuck Austen sez....
Well, they release the new costumes next week at San Diego, so maybe you didn't say too much. I've been hinting that the black leather is going away, so we cool.
San Diego?! W00t!! Good thing I'm bringing my Digital Camera!!

hopefully the costumes will also be available to be seen in Toronto so i can see them. ;)
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Upcoming Uncanny Changes???

Post by BAMFCentral »

The upcoming Uncanny manga artist Asamiya's design for the x-men was shown in the latest Wizard. I will try and put up some images later today, if not sooner.

It showcased the new 'Battle Armor' look for the X-Men. Kurt's look is very close to what his design is now. But he is hunched over a bit so you can't tell if he does/doesn't have the dog collar. Bobby and Wolvie also look the same. Angel looks really different. And North Star's uniform is really not what I expected. The other 2 surprise additions to the team where also shown. If someone else wants to spill I will let them, but I am going to wait until I can get the scan done.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny costumes!

Post by BAMFCentral »

Okay spoilers in the pics, so don't look unless you want to ruin the upcoming surprises.

Shot1
Shot2

One thing, I don't mind people spreading this image around and all. But if you are going to link directly to my image make sure it is simply a link and not an embbeded image please.

Thanks.

:)
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Panz »

Tanks Sweetie!
Trying to decide if I likes it or now...Husk looks preeety weerd. and Nighty looks like jack da ripper...hmmmmm
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Bamfette »

yes, i think i like it, but at the same time don't... i like Husks costume, but her eyes creep me out. Nighty just generally creeps me out :( and i do not like Arhangel.... how in the hell did he grow his hair out so fast? i know it's a comic book, but i think about these things. i feel Northstar looks more like Multiple Man than anyone...

but overall the style is cool. they are well drawn... i just don't care for his takes on some of the characters.... i wonder why Nightcrawlers costume was barely changed....Icemans being the same i can understand, the second it was changed people went nuts, Churchill's design for him was perfect. but i was looking forward to a new take on Nighty. i liked the Churchill design, but....i was ready for something new besides making his top a sleeveless pullover over another top. poor boy, he must be sweltering under there!
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Elwing »

Wow, thanks for scanning, BC! But....

Blah. I hate manga.:huh::yech: Heads are too small, and very ugly faces on all of them.
And what's up with Kurt? Looks like he kept most of his old suit, exept for high water pants? And shame about Notherstar. His old suit was one of the best ever, and this just looks convulted. Fortunately Iceman and Wolvie kept their old duds, mostly.
If this becomes reality I might actually drop the book.
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Uncanny costumes!

Post by Elwing »

...Oh,. and Husk. Man, she looks like "The Pro" with her run out make-up and miniskirt. Exept the Pro is hilarious, and I have my doubts about this. :mad: And also, I think the "Dog Collar" is still firmly on...

grr. Now, this really spoils my mood!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”