Jenkins

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
jozzig
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Origin

Post by jozzig »

Has anyone here read Origin ( of Wolverin ) ? I bought it last week and I totally loved it. I felt it told just enough of his story...but anyhow, for those of you who have been more active in the comic community and for a longer time...Have you read it and what are your opinions?
" I don't usually do requests, unless asked to " ~ Victor Borge
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Origin

Post by MabusRex »

I got it and really enjoyed it too, though I felt they dragged the story out without any clear purpose in issues #4-5, and it showed.

But the main story, with young James and Dog and Rose and Mr. Logan and the Hewletts....me likey alot :D
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Jenkins

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

I liked it! I wasn't expecting them to go that way, but it really got me!! And they are already talking of an Origin 2 (also by Jenkins) that will cover some of the years between Origin and the first Weapon X!!

:logan:
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Origin

Post by Bamfette »

I enjoyed it quite a bit. though yeah, it did really loose some steam the last couple issues. overall though, i was quite pleased :)
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Origin

Post by wolviechickie »

I GOT IT TODAY AND I LOVED IT SO MUCH...IT WAS SO SAD HOW ROSE DIED AND HOW HIS FATHER DIED AND HOW HIS MOTHER DIED...IT WAS SO SAD.
sorry about that...
As said before I loved it...even Follower said it was good. ORIGIN 2! OH YEAH I WANT A SECOND ONE! again sorry.
I loved it...can't think about much more to say...I will say more though

*wolviechickie has a heartattack after being told that follower can't decide which is better...Original Nighty series or "Origin"*
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Origin

Post by Stormwatch »

It did drag.

But, it was good, especially 2 and 3.
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Origin

Post by Nightfollower »

I actually enjoyed Origin. It was sad, and also a little moving. Powerful too....

Oh, and 'Chickie, I've made up my mind...Original Nighty is better ;) :D
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Origin

Post by wolviechickie »

but you still found it hard follower
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Origin

Post by Erynne »

I loved it! The art was amazing! But I had one question. Why did dog's dad look EXACTLY like an overgrown wolverine?!?! I think it was meant to trick people into thinking that dog was actually "little wolverine", and that James was just a background character. Sure fooled me...
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

illegitimate son

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

Originally posted by Erynne
I loved it! The art was amazing! But I had one question. Why did dog's dad look EXACTLY like an overgrown wolverine?!?! I think it was meant to trick people into thinking that dog was actually "little wolverine", and that James was just a background character. Sure fooled me...
I just thought that James is the illegitimate son of Dog's dad with his (James) mother. And I'm probably right.
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Origin

Post by wolviechickie »

I love that theory
jozzig
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Origin

Post by jozzig »

Originally posted by Nightcrawler_o63
Originally posted by Erynne
I just thought that James is the illegitimate son of Dog's dad with his (James) mother. And I'm probably right.
::nods:: Logan went on talking about "Soft John" and that ''fine woman of his'' and there were a couple of other things that implied a relationship between him and James' mother.
" I don't usually do requests, unless asked to " ~ Victor Borge