Deadpool

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Deadpool

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm not entirely sure how that would have happened (the mouth fixing itself bit), and I'm not entirely sure I want to know.

The character is funny. Nothing Reynolds did though came off as funny for me. I was more put off than anything, he reminded me too much of Hannibal King from Blade Trinity.
Now Gambit getting sucker punched by Logan?
That shit was funny! :LMAO When're we getting an emoticon of that?

Reynolds is great actor don't get me wrong, but the writing was lame. I hope the Deadpool movie will retcon this crap rather than go on with it or explore it.

[Edited on 2/8/09 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Deadpool

Post by steyn »

Oh sweet laundry I hope they retcon the right Wade Wilson / Deadpool in the Deadpool movie.

I don't think Wade Wilson was insane his whole life, but I think he turned majorly insane when he was turned into Deadpool during his Weapon X testing days. Before that in childhood he was just a troubled teenager who didn't like his military father, but still loved him like a father. When one of his friends shot his dad in a bar, he decided to join the military.

Later on when he developed cancer and the doctors told him he only had a couple months left to live, he went to join the weapon x testing after they told him that it may cure him. He got Wolverine's healing there, but unfortunately it didn't go all as planned. The cancer and the healing factor had a weird reaction with eachother. The cancer completely covers his body, that's why the ugly jokes, but the healing factor still keeps it at bay, healing the cells that the cancer destroys, thus not killing Wade.

Wade is resistant to mental attacks thanks to the cancer which destroys his braincells, while the healing keeps regenerating them, making it impossible for telepaths to actually get a grip of his mind which constantly in flux. Some, including me, believes it's that that's making him insane and able to break the fourth wall.

Wade is also an expert on spidey villians, just because Spiderman has the weirdest foes. For example he taunts spiderman asking him if he shouldn't be off fighting the geriatric Vulture or Stiltman, or Gibbon. (see Deadpool Suicide Kings part 4 of 5)

To tell the truth, even though I was happy that it took both Wolverine and Sabes to take down Deadpool in the movie, I am disappointed that they had to load him up with so many powers. Deadpool is good on his own without any of those extra powers. I mean, it's been said over and over again in the comics, he is the best that there is. All he needs is his sword and a gun, or atleast toothpick and peashooter. Heck, even if he didn't have that, he'd pretty much smack people dizzy with his own arm. (see Deadpool: Merc With A Mouth #2)

I totally believe that his breaking the fourth wall would be done right in the Deadpool movie. I mean, if they retcon to the right version of Deadpool as I hope.
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Deadpool

Post by wizardelfgirl »

Funnily enough, not all copies of the movie showed that. I stayed through the credits of the movie and there was no scene at the end.
~Twitch~

We are what we are Scott--wishing won't change a blessed thing. Nor will feeling sorry for yourself. I learned very early on that I must either accept what I am, or go mad. And though I am now occasionally crazy, I am not mad. If you keep tearing your guts apart every time you think the world's shafted you, my friend, you'll destroy not only yourself, but those who love you.