Peter Parker dons a tutu

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Peter Parker dons a tutu

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Alright, so in case you haven't heard, It was just announced the Spider-Man is hitting Broadway in early 2010!!! With an amazing crew (including director Julie Taymor (Across the Universe, The Lion King) and the musical talents of Bono and the Edge), Spider-Man- Turn Off the Dark will bring something for everyone from seasoned comic readers to those with very little knowledge of :spidey. Check it out and let me know... Wanna go? Worth going to?

Spider-Man the Musical
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Peter Parker dons a tutu

Post by Angelique »

Must add to the 2010 agenda.

1. Appear as a guest at New York ComiCon.
2. See this show!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Peter Parker dons a tutu

Post by Elfdame »

I swear, one day I'm gonna find Spider-man Beer and Spider-man deodorant.

To go with my Spider-man toothbrush, my granbaby's Spidey socks, my Spider-man hoodie towel, my Spider-man pencils, my Spider-man notebooks, my Spider-man woolen cap, my Spider-man gloves, my Spidey keychains (plural) ... and all my Spidey stuff on display at the branch library by my house.

Life will then be as perfect as it can get on this ball o' dust.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Peter Parker dons a tutu

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It
....*might* work.

But it probably won't. That said... I can't wait to go!! :smirk
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Peter Parker dons a tutu

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Yeah, I'm so going as soon as I can. I think I'll plan a country trip next summer or spring break. It will include a ComiCon, the :spidey musical, and Harry Potter World. And what the hell, I'll go to Forks, WA as well...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Peter Parker dons a tutu

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Now I've got this little vision which I can't get out of my head where Bono and Evans are playing the Spider-Man cartoon theme on a stage, Bono singing "Spider-man, Spider-man, Radioactive Spider-man..." And Evans doing some weird U2ish riff of the theme.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Peter Parker dons a tutu

Post by steyn »

Ladies and gents, update on the musical....and it is weird.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Spider-M ... 21761.html

I can understand that theatre costumes are supposed to be elaborate and eye catching...but seriously, some things can be a little over the top in my opinion.

[Edited on 17/11/2010 by steyn]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Peter Parker dons a tutu

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I like Carnage....

but that's about it.

is the song "The Goblin Inside Me" still part of the show? I hope so.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Peter Parker dons a tutu

Post by steyn »

aaand apparently the unknown villian in the second pic is called Swiss Miss, a vilian they made up for the musical. Honestly, there's hundreds of villians from the comic universe and they had to make one up? Hmm, I think it went a little like this:

"Okay, so the set design is almost done... but we got all this other stuff lying around, and I really don't want to throw it all away. Hey look, a can of silver paint! I have an idea! Let's extend the musical another couple of months so that we can make up our own villian just for the musical! Hurray! We saved several dollars of props!"

[Edited on 17/11/2010 by steyn]