Uncanny #415

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny #415

Post by wolviechickie »

I read it..good ish!
I am not religoius...I respect religoin and people who follow it but I belive in something completly different and I am not going to say what because I will get laughed at. But its realy Nighcrawler choice... if its how he feels then its how he feels...if he finds he cant find what he wants in what he is doing then that is up to him...but I agree with follower in saying that both Kurts are good, Priest Kurt or non priest kurt I'm not sure.

I am an alpha flight fan. I love it so when I heard that northy was coming into the series I was really interested how Wolvie would act towards it and so far he hasnt been in it so I can only wait. But hearing that he was 'that way' I was a bit shocked and now that he has this thing for bobby...I am not sure how to come to all this but hopefully future books will tell all.

Poor Bobby, that would be so freaky, being turned into ice...mebbe it was becuase of the extent of th injury But I reckon he will keep his cool(Pun not or was intended, you choose) but as I said we can only wait....so chuck austen or anyone else...don't fail us...dont keep those secrets :)
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny #415

Post by Nightfollower »

I bought the issue today, not only am i in love with the cover (:love:) but I loved the issue.

That blue n white striped Barbie woman....what a skank! :ick:

I feel sorry for Bobby, he's one of my faves...I dont want him to freeze up then possibly melt and be no more :(

Archangels' new uniform....:ick: He looks like some kinda modern gladiator :ick:

Personally, i'm a little upset and disturbed by what Kurt said to Jesus. It's hard enough keeping my own faith when one of my, I spose you could say, "idols" is losing his own :( I don't want him to leave the church, but i guess i understand what he's going through. He'd want 'the touch of a woman', i mean, he seems rather lonely (poor guy :( ). I too would miss 'the touch of (in my case cuz i'm a girl) a guy'. And with how he doesnt understand about the Holy wars etc....I don't blame him, i think that too and thats what really gets me down. But it is Kurt's choice, i just hope it makes him happy and its the right one. Okay, i sound like a mush now :ick:
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
T.J. Wagner
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny #415

Post by T.J. Wagner »

I was hoping they would have something about Nightcrawler's origin like the previews said. Two pages on Kurt, that was it! I was dissapointed really, but the cover was VERY cool.
* The Light of Evenstar * Guitar Picks (A Chamber Messageboard) *

"Does the outward shell really matter so much more than the soul that resides within?"
-Nightcrawler (X-Treme #18)

Feeling Blue?
:mystique: :bamf: :nocturne:
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny #415

Post by ahmed »

Originally posted by T.J. Wagner
I was hoping they would have something about Nightcrawler's origin like the previews said. Two pages on Kurt, that was it! I was dissapointed really, but the cover was VERY cool.
Exactly.

And did anyone notice that his organs were normal. It's different from his old transformations. You can see his heart, stomach, ribs, etc. Weird.
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Shadywhisk
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny #415

Post by Shadywhisk »

Originally posted by Nightfollower
Personally, i'm a little upset and disturbed by what Kurt said to Jesus. It's hard enough keeping my own faith when one of my, I spose you could say, "idols" is losing his own :( I don't want him to leave the church, but i guess i understand what he's going through. He'd want 'the touch of a woman', i mean, he seems rather lonely (poor guy :( ). I too would miss 'the touch of (in my case cuz i'm a girl) a guy'. And with how he doesnt understand about the Holy wars etc....I don't blame him, i think that too and thats what really gets me down. But it is Kurt's choice, i just hope it makes him happy and its the right one. Okay, i sound like a mush now
I understand what you mean, Nightfollower. However, I'm hoping that Kurt's reflections on his beliefs will cause his faith to be strengthened. Just becaused he's leaving the priesthood doesn't necessarily mean he will change his core beliefs.

:)
Owner of the Bamf-mobile - the next best thing to teleportation
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny #415

Post by Bamfette »

that's true! keep in mind that Chuck is himself Catholic, so i very much doubt he would have Kurt leave the religion entirely. he jsut wants to make it so that is is not the core aspect of his personality. :)

you prolly don't remember me since i came somewhat towards the end of Hostboard, but welcome back Shady :D
Shadywhisk
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny #415

Post by Shadywhisk »

Thanks, Bamfette! I'm back from Messageboard limbo...again.

;)
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny #415

Post by Nightfollower »

I know he wont leave his religion, but the priesthood...thats like....well, i cant explain it. Oh well, its his choice (even though he aint even real...)
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny #415

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

goodness... I think part of the deal w/ Kurt is that he's bottling all this! at the end of one of the issues (the one where he had the run in with the cardinal on designer genes and the coh came in and killed him) Kurt said at the end he'd play the clown for the team's sake... ya can't hide these kinda things without having a blow up later... and often times when your bottling feelings about religous doubts then that blow up is usually aimed and God... I've ranted at God a couple of times myself... I'm not catholic but I do consider myself christian... it's not unusual to question God or have doubts.. it's quite common really... but then... the only way to get answers is to ask questions
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
Shadywhisk
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny #415

Post by Shadywhisk »

I think having questions is perfectly normal when trying to discover your beliefs...as long as you seek the answers to those questions. I'm saddened that Kurt bottled up his emotions because, like SFR said, they tend to blow up. However, I'm hoping this trial will strengthen his faith as opposed to diminishing it.

:)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny #415

Post by Bamfette »

but Chuck throws things into doubt once more wiht this doozy at his board...
(thanks to The Drastic Spastic for spotting this one ;))
Or maybe Chuck will go for the "unexpected" angle and have Kurt renounce his faith temporarily... but then, that wouldn't really mean much in the long run, because Kurt is about as likely to stop being a Christian for good as Magneto is to stay dead.

Pretty much, yes.
intriguing, no? now, it oculd be taken two ways.

one, it could mean that his faith will remain intact because Mags has always been resurrected when 'killed' in the past.

two... Magneto is DEAD. dead dead dead. according to Grant Morrison he is never being resurected as long as he is writing. so if that is the case, does it mean Kurt loses his faith?

discuss :evil:
Shadywhisk
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny #415

Post by Shadywhisk »

Hmmm, very interesting. :?

However, I am encouraged by the statement. I take it to mean that even if Kurt renounces his beliefs he will eventually come back around. I hope he doesn't lose his faith though. I think it is an intrical part to Kurt's character and one of the many reasons I love him so much!! :)
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny #415

Post by ahmed »

eventually, Mags is gonna be ressurected. No doubt about that. That's an ambigious answer to your question. And eventually, Colossus will too, if Marvel is as predictable as most would think, which it may not be.

Teen Scrawlers #1
EvilTwin
Lubber
Lubber
Title: Bamfette's evil twin

Uncanny #415

Post by EvilTwin »

well... it wasn't my question at all, actually. i don't think it was anyone on this board's...

anywho, that is the problem with comics in the past and has shaped fan attitudes like that, that only Bucky stays dead. but Quesada has this 'Dead means Dead' policy where they will not ressurect any characters... Psylocke aint coming back and neither is Colossus and neither is Magneto so long as Quesada is in charge. Chuck wanted Colossus (he did not know he had been killed) and so did Morrison and they were flat out told NO, he's dead, and staying that way.

ok, Unus slipped by, but that was an editorial mistake and his death was not really confirmed to begin with. Havok was a bit of a tricky case, but again, it was quite easy to write it to say he never died. not so with Colossus, Psylocke and Magneto. we saw the bodies of Colossus and Psylocke, and heard Magneto's last words.
EvilTwin is really Bamfette in disguise.
If you are reading this, it is because Bamfette either was too lazy to log out then log back in under her real account, or she just forgot. :p
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Uncanny #415

Post by Panz »

The way that Chuck originally described the religion thing with Kurt, was that things that Kurt would do/or the general situation would upset and anger deeply religious people. Later, in his monster spoiler , talked about Kurt being bitter and having to make the choice to stay an X-Man or something (:(...why did they deleate the thread)...and coming to a deeper understanding of evolution, and God's plan. Sounds to me like Kurt is going to stay "religious" but not neccessarily Catholic:ooh:. Maybe it will have something to do with his heritage?
I think that a lot of things about him and the directions that he goes in, will be made clearer once we know more about his past. And as a character who has always been obsessed with his past, Kurt should have a clearer mind once he knows the answers. Kurt is a reasonably unique person to have been born with as many mutations as he was, and this would suggest some pretty unique parents or at least, some unusual situation, for him to be the way that he is, don't you think?::smirk:
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny #415

Post by Bamfette »

ooohhh... do you think maybe he will change religions? that would be interesting....

if Kurt was anyting but Catholic (lets rule out Christianity in general for sake of argument) which do you think he would choose/be drawn too?

sor some reason, i am thinking Wiccan.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny #415

Post by Panz »

Tht would be interesting, and somewhat appropriate, considering Jimaine and Margali in his background. I am wondering if he will take something of a mystic path type thing.

I am trying to remember Chuck's wording...it was something about Kurt making a bitter choice and having to come to terms with it. and Evolution and "God's" plans for mutant kind, and what their purpose was (I think:ooh:) I have a really bad memory:shame:

I mean, depending on who his parents are, he may be Jewish, Hindi, Swahili! I don't know if his past and heritage has any part in his leaving the priesthood. From the point that I am seeing it now, I think he will leave the priesthoood because of doubts "Do mutants go to heaven?" or what ever. But this also seems to have something to do with leadership of the team????? I think that that is the issue that Chuck said we would see Xavier show how leader ship is decided and #420-421 is when we find out who is getting married....very curious:smirk:
Panz

ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny #415

Post by ahmed »

Originally posted by EvilTwin
well... it wasn't my question at all, actually. i don't think it was anyone on this board's...

anywho, that is the problem with comics in the past and has shaped fan attitudes like that, that only Bucky stays dead. but Quesada has this 'Dead means Dead' policy where they will not ressurect any characters... Psylocke aint coming back and neither is Colossus and neither is Magneto so long as Quesada is in charge. Chuck wanted Colossus (he did not know he had been killed) and so did Morrison and they were flat out told NO, he's dead, and staying that way.

ok, Unus slipped by, but that was an editorial mistake and his death was not really confirmed to begin with. Havok was a bit of a tricky case, but again, it was quite easy to write it to say he never died. not so with Colossus, Psylocke and Magneto. we saw the bodies of Colossus and Psylocke, and heard Magneto's last words.
Alright...I'm really stubborn, in this case, so I'm gonna have to dispute that. You can ignore me right now, but I gotta at least put this down.

Sooner or later, Marvel is gonna revert back to the way it used to be. this'll most likely be later, like when Quesada retires(In what, 40 years?). When this happens, which is inevitable, the the dead characters of today may return.

All right, i'm done. It's been one of those weeks...Nevermind...

Teen Scrawlers #1
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny #415

Post by Bamfette »

well, Ahmed, that's your opinion i guess. i hope this policy sticks around even after Quesada leaves, personally. did i like Colossus, Magneto, Psylocke? sure, they were great characters, i especially liked Colossus. The fact that they were great characters loved my many fans made their deaths hit that much harder, made you feel something for the death. and in Colossus' case especially, having him brought back would greatly lessen the great sacrafice he made. he gave up his LIFE to help humand and mutants planet wide who were dying that is an incredibly noble thing to do. It's like when Jean was brought back, her suicide on the moon, to protect everyone incase she went DP again, suddenly lost some of it's impact. I am all for strong storytelling over bringing characters back from the dead, ruining perfectly good stories in the process and needlessly complicating the characters even further.
Originally posted by Pandora
Tht would be interesting, and somewhat appropriate, considering Jimaine and Margali in his background. I am wondering if he will take something of a mystic path type thing.

I am trying to remember Chuck's wording...it was something about Kurt making a bitter choice and having to come to terms with it. and Evolution and "God's" plans for mutant kind, and what their purpose was (I think:ooh:) I have a really bad memory:shame:

I mean, depending on who his parents are, he may be Jewish, Hindi, Swahili! I don't know if his past and heritage has any part in his leaving the priesthood. From the point that I am seeing it now, I think he will leave the priesthoood because of doubts "Do mutants go to heaven?" or what ever. But this also seems to have something to do with leadership of the team????? I think that that is the issue that Chuck said we would see Xavier show how leader ship is decided and #420-421 is when we find out who is getting married....very curious:smirk:
the thing about his religion was in the first question thread, yes? if it was in the second, the second one is still there. or check the FAQ for everything Chuck has said abotu Kurt to date, minus the very early threads and the first question thread in Chuck's forum.

but... curious indeed :smirk:

he leaves the priesthood before the whole leadership thing tho, in... *gasp* just 2 issues from now! :o no it was 'between 417 and 420' , the Dominant Species arc, that he leaves the priesthood, so it could be 2-4 issues. still - it's not far off! :D

so, leaves the priesthood before 420, leadership decided, and wedding participants announced by 421... hmm.... Kurt will not be getting married. but i think Warren might. if Warren, as current leader (sorta) gets hitched, and Kurt gets his problems sorted out before then, we may see Kurt return to his place as leader. Warren may opt to go off and live happily ever after and run his buisness. see scene with Bobby about phoning it in in 415. he may end up agreeing wiht that and dedicate himself to his buisness and new wife more. become a supporting character?

I think the SP has something to do with Dominant Species... oh, for no particular reason... :smirk:
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny #415

Post by Stormwatch »

naw, I'd say that they will stay dead.

And that's a good thing.

Why, it gives a bit more realistic output. Psylocke stays dead. Alright, her death might have been better, but hey, she died, everybody dies.

And Mags, well, I like the idea of he being the X-Men's greatest enema WHEN he's dead.

Then there is Colossus, who I wouldnae want ever to come back. He died for a noble cause. uncertain ones I can see, but, when they're dead, they should stay that way.

Now, after Joe's tenure, in about 1-4 years. (literally) I'd say that hopefully the next EIC will be wise enough to catch on.

I mean, if the writers don't fear death, then WTF, why should the reader's have to worry about it.

And it's not like they can bring Odin back. Odin died, Thor has the Odin Force, and well, it's another example of why they should stay dead.

Like Gwen Stacy's death.

And when writer's like Priest, who abuse that to know end (he killed Black Pantehr) and still make it a good story.

Then, hey, why not. It's tougher, and its not a copout.
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny #415

Post by Panz »

Bamfette, the particular Chuck Quote was in the last questions thread, it was part of that monster half page spoiler that he did. Chuck has mentioned that someone would leave the team for a bit and I had thought that that was likely Chamber, but if Warren were to get married and take an extended honeymoon...

I am VERY curious about the were-wolf looking creatures on the next few covers.
But I think you are right, the "Dominant Species" arc should contain a lot of lead in material and the SP can't be far off now.;) And he almost has to have something to do with Kurt's past (dad?):P
Panz

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny #415

Post by Bamfette »

ah! no wonder you can't find it. it was not in the question thread but in the Uncanny 410 thread!

http://x-mencomics.com/xfan/forums/show ... post238404

Chuck said not to quote directly but this is pretty much common knowledge now:
417 to 420 is Warren dealing with Betsy's death, Kurt's goodbye to the church, and the the deeper meaning of what evolution is, and it's purpose is for the planet earth. Not a happy-go-lucky story in the least, as Warren says a painful good-bye, and Kurt deals with some anger about his chosen calling.
is that what you were thinking of?

i like the idea of just an 'extended honeymoon' then we can have whoever it is who gets hitched back sometime, it will trim the team temporarily, and Kurt may get some leadership action :D

as for the SP i am sticking by the weird little theory i have had since he was introduced in Casey's run - the SP is STEFAN!!! :p
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny #415

Post by Stormwatch »

Originally posted by Bamfette
as for the SP i am sticking by the weird little theory i have had since he was introduced in Casey's run - the SP is STEFAN!!! :p
Sinister, the SP is SINISTER.

Okay, so we agree to disagree on this. But, I still think it's the one and only Sinister.

Sure, Sinister was said to be untouched for awhile, well, it's been awhile. And isn't Stefan dead?
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
Taryn
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny #415

Post by Taryn »

I think having questions is perfectly normal when trying to discover your beliefs...
It's perfectly normal when you're NOT discovering your beliefs. My dad is an Episcopalian priest (and has been for around...22 years now?) and has said he goes through every day of his life with doubts. That's part of being human.

I rather liked Kurt's short scenes. They're questions that I've dealt with before and had to try to answer for myself.

Loved the issue on the whole, though. And OHMYGOD, am I loving Jean-Paul. Especially his little relationship with Annie. They've got good chemistry. ^_~ I loved JP's line to Josette when she says, "I am new." and he goes, "Really? You look rather USED to me." :LOL:

Warren's loincloth is bothering me... o_o

--Taryn
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Uncanny #415

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Bamfette
if Kurt was anyting but Catholic (lets rule out Christianity in general for sake of argument) which do you think he would choose/be drawn too?
Buddisim maybe? I'm a Catholic (though nowhere near as dedicated as Kurt is/was) and I have certain Buddist 'leanings'...

Though...I must say...he'd look awful in the orange robes...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D