Rest Assured

Timelined fics featuring our current students and others.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Rest Assured

Post by Svartfreja » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:33 am

Timelined before [Instance]Boundaries.

Google was no help at all. Of course, it was not a normal topic to google but she was short on options with the male majority population in Hydra and Viper was probably not an authority on pregnancy... maybe. Oh, fuck it. Jessica got up and went to find shoes.

A few minutes later she was knocking on Viper's office door - she knew she was in there having already tried the bedroom... plus the light was on and she could hear typing. "Viper...?"

"Come in, Jessica." Viper turned from her computer, folding her hands on her desk and watching the door.

Jess stepped inside and closed the door behind her, leaning against it with a hand on her stomach as the uncomfortable squirming sensation started up again.

Viper cocked her head on one side, "Is everything alright?"

"No... yes... I don't know, it's annoying." Once it settled down again, she crossed the room and flopped into the chair on the other side of Viper's desk.

"What's the matter?" Viper watched Jessica's movements as she took her seat.

"I can't sleep... junior keeps moving around and it's driving me crazy."

"I see..." she gave Jess a curious look, "Did you come here for help with this or did you just want company?"

"I don't know..." she sighed, looking down at Viper's desk, "Is there anything you can do about it?"

"Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to stop the baby moving around... but I would say that it is a good thing he or she is so active. It is a sign of a healthy baby." She got up from her desk and went to the door, "Come, perhaps it will make it more bearable if you know what it is doing in there?"

Jess managed a small smile, getting up to follow her, "Anything's worth a try..."

"If there is anything more I can do for you, by all means, ask." Viper glanced over her shoulder as they walked, "There is no need for you to worry about anything while you are here - we have the facilities to deal with any eventuality and the expertise too. You are in safe hands."

"Thank you..." Jess quickened her pace briefly to fall into step beside the other woman, "I really appreciate all of this... and I'm sure Sebastian does too, even if he's not exactly saying it."

"I don't expect him to either. I imagine it would be quite painful for him to thank me after he tried to shoot me in the face," she smirked a little as she glanced at Jessica again. "Don't worry, I don't hold grudges." Most of the time anyway.

"That's good to know... and, to be fair, you had kidnapped me and a bunch of my friends..."

"And shooting me was surely his best way of finding out where you all were? I thought he was supposed to be clever."

Jess couldn't help it, she had to laugh - Viper did have kind of a point. "Okay, okay. But no harm, no foul, right?"

"Indeed." Viper opened the door to one of the labs and switched on the lights, holding the door for Jessica, "Shall we, then?"
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6