The Stark Presidency: 'Meanwhile, at the White House...'

Timelined fics featuring our current students and others.
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

The Stark Presidency: 'Meanwhile, at the White House...'

Post by Chaos » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:20 am

Timeline Note: during game on Jan 19th

-

"...oh that's just...", Tony started, hand gesturing at the TV screen before returning to his goatee, covering his mouth and stopping him from groaning from the cringe-worthy spectacle that was Norman Osborn's public speech. He sat with his legs up on his desk, crossed at the ankles, reclining backwards in the large, leather, presidential seat. 'My seat.', he thought to himself, as if pointing it out to the braying closet Jesus-Freak on his Television set with the cheap, knock-off Cylons. 

He narrowed his keen blue eyes on Osborn's smug, smiling face, wondering what he was up to. There was no way in hell this was a 'good will' gesture. He tried it out in his head; "Hey, I'm Norman Osborn and I have no hidden agenda!". Tony felt his eye twitch a little; fat chance of that. He knew that face, it was a face he wore when he was chewing down the crap people like Stryker placed on his plate. It was the grin he gave them as he reminded them where the door was. Osborn had a motive, but what it was he couldn't say. Not good, that went without saying but...

"I mean, come on, what is this? 'God' didn't lose him that election, I did. By being a better candidate than him.", he groaned, arms slumping to his sides, "Pepper. Dollface.", he glanced to his secretary, frown firmly in place, "Tell me I'm a good president."

"You're a good president.", she nodded, her shimmering bronze hair tied up in a little bun, her words assuring where her expression remained neutral, almost humouring, "But he's played the R-Card."

Tony blinked, "The...R-Card? Isn't that the 'Race' card?", he glanced away in thought, "Because if it comes down to it I have friends in the NBA and I could crush him like a grape."

"Religion! Tony.", Pepper intercepted, not missing a beat, "And it's bad."

"Bad? Religion? Not...like the band."

"No, bad for us. For you! Think about it...", she raised her hands, "Pryor had the Mutant sympathy vote, Osborn has the God play, what do you have? Every president has had an ace in the hole in that they had a...a-a theme! What's Tony Stark's?"

That gave the president pause. He placed his fingers on both hands together in a pyramid and hummed in thought, "I'm the best president. I'm cool. And everyone loves me."

Pepper sighed, "Cool comes and it goes, and that's...not even what I mean."

"But I am cool, that...must stand for something."

"Gene Simmons is cool, can he be president?"

"I'd vote for Gene."

"Tony, seriously..."

"I'd vote for Gene Simmons! Get him on the phone. You.", he snapped his fingers at one of the two suited bodyguards at his door, "Get Gene Simmons on my phone. Right now."

"Don't! Don't do that.", Pepper interjected, raising both hands as if blocking communication to and from President Stark.

"You're disobeying your president. Can you even do that? That's...treason, right? Treason?"

"Tony, focus!", Pepper's hands were down on his desk with a thump that made him jump, "You have to stop playing the president and be the president! It's been quiet since the destruction of Westchester and HYDRA but you need to do something. You're losing this fight, Tony."

He stiffened, "What fight? I wasn't aware of a fight."

"That's why you're losing. You need to act, to do....something to remind people you're still here, still in control.", Pepper took a few short, deep breaths, "And a good start would be...."

"Calling...Gene Si-..."

"Finding a theme."

Tony took a moment to mull the words over. A theme. A special something that only he could do. His angle. But what was it? He wasn't religious or a mutant, he didn't hate mutants, certainly. (He'd relied on Hope's 'return' more than he cared to admit in the elections).

He sat up, ignoring Pepper's asking of what he was thinking. Hope. People had none. Disasters, assassinations, terrorist attacks...people were running to wherever they could, turning to whoever gave them what they wanted. Hope. He smirked to himself, pointing at Pepper, "Call my PR....person. Tell them I need to run something by them."

Pepper nodded, "Sure, but...what?"

"I figured out what my theme is gonna be.", he smiled, inwardly patting himself on the back. Well, maybe Hope deserved some credit. He made a mental note to call her for a play date or something. 

But not to thank her. This was pure, Tony Stark genius at work. He was cool. And that's why he was president.

Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: The Stark Presidency: 'Meanwhile, at the White House...'

Post by Starfish » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:31 am

XD! This fic is all kinds of amazing. I have nothing but love for your Tony, Chaos. :love

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:15 pm

President Cha-uhh-Tony is awesome!

TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:46 pm

Tony. Your daughter is not 5. She does not have play dates :P
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:48 pm

All of Tony's dates are play dates. :naughty

TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Hahahahaha

True.

But she lives in the white house half the time. Awwww father daughter date night!
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean

Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Post by Chaos » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:11 am

....S-Steyn?

Steyn did....?

...no, never mind. :x