In the Belly of the Beast

Timelined fics featuring our current students and others.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

In the Belly of the Beast

Post by Svartfreja » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Timelined for the day after [fic]Answers.

Having heard her guest was awake, Viper put her project on hold and went for a visit. She even knocked, though she didn't wait for an answer before she went inside. "Hello, Jessica. Did you enjoy your nap?" She smiled her friendly smile again.

"What the hell?!" Jess had been furiously pacing the floor space of the room she'd found herself in since she was able to stand up. Now she stopped, hands on her hips, and glared at Viper.

"You are... angry." Viper guessed, "Yes... that was anticipated. I do apologise for sedating you but, you see, my work is at a delicate stage and I cannot afford to have any interruptions if you were to bring someone back here."

"It's not okay to just turn people's powers off and drug them!"

"Yes, I see." She nodded, "I can only apologise and hope that you forgive me."

Jess frowned at her, "Are you going to gas me again when I want to leave?"

Viper laughed, "Leave? Why ever would you want to do that?"

"To go home? Go to school?" Jess eyed her suspiciously.

Viper shook her head, "Nonsense, you live here now and I can teach you much better than they can."

Jess stared at her for a long moment, trying to work out whether or not she was serious. She did appear to be. "But... what if I want to leave? I don't want to stay here..."

"But you haven't seen how nice it is here..." Viper pouted, "Come, I will show you and then you will change your mind." She held out a hand to Jessica, "I promise, I do not want to harm you in any way. If I did, I would have done so already."

Jess studied her again, deciding that that was probably true. She pushed a hand through her hair and moved to follow the woman, though she didn't take her hand.

Viper smiled brightly and turned for the door. "I did promise to show you what I have done with your father's research, after all." She continued conversationally, "I will keep that promise. I am sure you will find it interesting." She cast her another friendly smile, "In fact, you have already seen. I wonder if you can guess." She laughed a little, "Oh and, while you are here, you can have as much of that perfume I made for you as you like. You can have anything you want, Jessica. All you need to do is ask and I will provide it to you."

"And what do I have to do in return?" Jess still eyed her suspiciously in between looking for exits.

"Nothing at all, my darling. Just stay here. This is where you belong." She opened the door at the end of the corridor, leading them out onto a catwalk above a vast laboratory. "Welcome to Hydra."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6

Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: In the Belly of the Beast

Post by Starfish » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Why do I picture there to be evil oompa loompas? Ooh, I hope there are evil oompa loompas now! :bounce

Well, they always came off somewhat evil to me, anyway. :shifty

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: In the Belly of the Beast

Post by Svartfreja » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Will evil bug-shaped oompa loompas do? Because Viper says they can totally be provided :shifty
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6