Gone & Leaving - Kevin Ford

Timelined fics featuring our current students and others.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Gone & Leaving - Kevin Ford

Post by JSherlock » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:04 am

Kevin looked up from the bus systems booklet and put the finishing touches on his good-bye note.

Thank you so much for coming to my rescue, and for giving me a place to stay. I don’t feel comfortable here any more, and I’m afraid. I know I should understand, as I’ve killed someone too, but not on purpose. I am so sorry. Thank you for everything.

-Kevin

He stood up and put the pen away. He looked around the room one last time - the bedclothes had been stripped, washed, and folded nicely. Taking a moment to tighten the straps around his gloves he reviewed his inventory. Spare clothes - about a week’s worth - and non-perishable food items. That would get him back into Georgia. If he made the bus pick-up in time.

He peeled the patch off his arm and put on a long-sleeved shirt. Okay. Here I go.

It was too dangerous here, with dangerous people in charge. He wasn’t safe anymore.

He stuffed the stolen gym bag with the clothes and food and crept out of his room and snuck down the stairs. Here, he paused. It was quiet.

Maybe I should stay. It’s not like I have somewhere to go, really.

Somewhere down the main hall an argument broke out. Something shattered and a
door slammed.

Or I could be safer.

He hitched his bag higher. He’d better leave now, and walk fast. He needed to catch the bus and be well on his way before anybody missed him.

“Thank you,” he said softly, closing the front door behind him. He paused as he faced the long drive a grounds.

Oh yeah...the security system. That works wether or not you’re on the inside going out or on the outside coming in. He grinned mirthlessly. And I know all the weak points. Even since the upgrade. He carefully looked for the first camera and started picking his way carefully through the small windows of time for blind spots.

After the last mad dash and scrabble up and over the wall, he slumped on the ground breathing heavily. No alarms or people calling his name. Good.

The night was cool, and a fresh breeze was coming from the lake. He stood up and started walking.

Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: Gone & Leaving - Kevin Ford

Post by Ferguson » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:12 am

Aw, Kevin

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:18 am

Well, shit... rekilling Sam wasn't that traumatic, was it?

Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:19 am

I don't know, depends on how well he got scraped together. :toothy