Egkyos (Neena Gets News)

Timelined fics featuring our current students and others.
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Egkyos (Neena Gets News)

Post by Love das flockige » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:25 am

Timeline: Current

How long have the stairs been that damn steep? Neena brushed imaginary snow off her trench and shut the door with her hip. The room was still predictably empty. He wasn't outside, he wasn't in the house...wow Ben, way to be home to greet your fiancee.

She sighed and sat on the edge of their bed to take off her boots. Her trench came next, along with the rest of her clothes, which she hung meticulously in her closet. She picked out a pair of yoga pants and a cami, noting with some dissatisfaction she was sorely lacking black clothes. She needed to go mourning clothes shopping, and quickly.

Neena tossed her change of clothes on her bed and wandered over to her underwear drawer for fresh socks and a new bra. After some fishing, her hand bumped into something hard and square. Puzzled, she pulled out the pregnancy test she had bought before her trip.

Well shit, why did I buy this for? she turned the box over in her hand, a snide little voice in the back of her mind reminding her that she still hadn't gotten her period. Tapping the box against her hand, Neena headed to the bathroom.

2 Hours Later

Dressed in her yoga pants and cami, Neena sat, crossed legged, on her bed. She had one hand on her mouth, the other on her heart, her eyes fixed on the two tests in front of her.

That was it. That explained everything. The eating, the crying, the nausea, the exhaustion. And, of course, the extra weight she seemed to be packing around her middle. (Though that could partly be blamed on the eating) Neena looked at the two tests. Both affirmative, both staring back at her in a mixture of promise and apprehension. She was pregnant. She was going to have a baby.

A shiver ran through her body, and Neena realized she was shaking. She moved the hand that was over her mouth to pick up the tests, and realized it was wet. When did she start crying?

The first positive result didn't phase her. At least, she kept telling herself that. Neena was convinced that the second test would come back negative. She was sure of it. Well, not so much anymore.

She was pregnant. She was pregnant. With Ben's baby. You idiot, who else would be the father? It was theirs. Their baby. Coming in about ten years too early, but their baby all the same. Would it have his eyes? Her nose? His chin? Her hands? Oh god, my skin??

How would she explain this to her family? To Roxanne? To Ben?! She had to think of something. She had to talk to someone. Whoa there, girlie. Calm down. First, she needed to go to the medlab. But the thought of facing Hank and having him call up Ben right away made Neena want to throw up. A clinic in the city would do. She would figure out how to tell Ben later. Preferably, later when he was half asleep and couldn't freak out. Neena was sure she wouldn't be able to handle it if he pulled his 'on-the-roof' emo act. It was the last thing she needed. Her attention went back to the child at hand and she looked down at where the little cells were surely dividing furiously.

"Precious, precious baby," she whispered, running her hand over her lower abdomen. "Oh my baby, you're coming at a pretty rough time in the world. But I love you so much. Do you know that? You're so loved. Papa will love you too, I'm sure of it. He'll just...have to get used to the idea of you coming a little earlier than we hoped. That's all."

[Edited on 27/1/09 by Love das flockige]
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple

Egkyos (Neena Gets News)

Post by Esynthia » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:43 am

holy cow, love. talk about summing up how I reacted when I found out. plus a lot of crying... LOL
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Egkyos (Neena Gets News)

Post by Ult_Sm86 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:52 am

:eek
:shocked
She's What!?!?
:ooh:

JK!!!
:P
Yay! :clap
And wow, that was so realistic, I felt *my* heart fall into my stomach.

:shifty
in fact.
*calls G/F*
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS

Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Egkyos (Neena Gets News)

Post by Love das flockige » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:54 am

Love das flockige would like to take this moment to announce that she has not or has ever been pregnant. The apparent realism of the fic is based on second hand accounts and reading too much manga. :shifty
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Egkyos (Neena Gets News)

Post by tears~fall~like~glass » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:33 pm

She needed to go mourning clothes shopping, and quickly.
Rachel might actually enjoy that shopping trip... :P

Also, awww. Nicely done, Love. :D

wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Egkyos (Neena Gets News)

Post by wingyding » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:42 pm

Awww, Love! She and Tessa should talk. (Two pregnant girls in the same school. heee.)
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.

Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Egkyos (Neena Gets News)

Post by Starfish » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Very nicely written, Love. :)

And: Woo baby! :bounce
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Egkyos (Neena Gets News)

Post by fourpawsonthefloor » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Very cute. I was one of the ones that was very caught up in the process of trying to get pregnant so I took a pregnancy test and it came up negative so I was bummed. And then because I'm anal I fished it back out of the garbage can 10 min later just before I had to leave for work. And I thought I saw a very very fine pink line. And I was like...whoa.

So then I spent the morning at work agonizing, went to the walk in clinic during lunch and...yuppers. Pregnant. So I burst into tears, reassured the poor dr that it was a good thing and bought a bib that said 'i love my daddy' and snuck on home to tell my husband the news. The bib had two puppies on it, and given that I worked at the SPCA he thought I wanted to bring another dog home. LMAO.

So it was teary too, but good.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Egkyos (Neena Gets News)

Post by Ult_Sm86 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:14 pm

LOL Paws, that's a great story.

.... Neena don't get any ideas! :LOL
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS