2/6 Instance: Lost Friends, Found Abilities

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Timeline: After May as Well Enjoy it and before Deal With It (Ben fic)

Rogue: Rogue sat under the tree picking at a leaf and taking in deep breaths of the crisp spring air. She pulled her bomber jacket tight around her as a breeze ruffled her hair. She closed her eyes and slid down to lie in the grass, letting the breeze sweep over her.

Benjamin: Ben burst out the double doors, flicking his wrist at the direction of the nearest
tree. He shot web straight up and out, using it to swing up and over into the greens. "ROGUE!" he yelled. "ROGUE!"

Rogue: Rogue sat up and saw Ben sling past, "Over here, sugah. What's up? Ya look a bit frazzled, darlin'."

Benjamin: "Gah!" Ben snapped back and was able to catch himself in mid air with a strand of web against a phone post. "Thank God!" He swung down beside her.

Benjamin: "Rae!" He said, pulling the letter out of his back pocket. His eyes were welling up with tears.

Rogue: "Rae? What about her?”

Rogue: Rogue took the letter and gave him an odd look before unfolding it and reading it. Oh.. Fuck. "DAMNIT!"

Benjamin: "I'm so so sorry!" Ben began to blubber. "I didn't mean to push her away!"

Rogue: "Ain't ya fault." She folded it back up and handed it to him, then silently took off to the air, landing on the roof. Rogue pulled her knees up to her chest and stared out at the forest with narrowed eyes.

Benjamin: "...she says before she flies away from me." Ben muttered under his breath. He got up from the grass with a sigh, wiped away his tears and looked up to the roof, squinting in the light.

Benjamin: He sighed again and leapt up into the air, allowing his web to sling shot him up and onto the roof near her. "Look...It's obviously my fault."

Rogue: "Nope. Not." Rogue kept her eyes focused on the horizon. Why the hell would Rachel leave? This is a good place. She has people who love her here. Rogue, Josh, Ben, Vic, Remy, Alex, Meggan, Liz... Oh crap... "Told Lizzie yet?"

Benjamin: "I haven't seen her." Ben said. "I uh...ran to you as soon as I found it. I was bringing it to Josh next, I figured you'd tell the others. We'll show the people it adresses first." he frowned.

Benjamin: "I suck."

Rogue: "Why?" She glanced up at him with her eyes then went back to staring at nothing, "Ain't ya fault." She took a deep breath. Josh. Lovely. Rogue would pummel his face to the ground. Her eyes narrowed a bit more.

Benjamin: "I pushed her so hard, I made a huge mistake." He said to her softly. He slowly sat down beside her. "I was supposed to be her friend...now all I wanna do is drown myself for scaring her away."

Rogue: "Y'all didn't scare her away." She glared at him, "Drown yaself? Don't do that. Ain't pleasant. Rahne tried that. We all thought she died."

Benjamin: "I want to." Ben said. "I mean I know i'm not the only reason...but I'm A reason, and that's reason enough for me want to just get shit faced and fall off another roof."

Rogue: Rogue stood up and grabbed Ben by the collar in a lightening quick move, "Don't. Even. Think about it." She growled low then released him harshly to sit back down. "Won't do anyone any good if ya dead. An' if ya do it on purpose, hell, even on accident, an' live? Ah'm gonna kick ya ass from here ta Heaven an' back."

Benjamin: "I...I feel so alone now..." Ben said, looking at Rogue in the eyes, deeply. "I feel like no one should get too close, I just screw things up. Like me barging in on you and Nate."

Benjamin: He looked away embarassed. "I'm sorry 'bout that..."

Rogue: "Ain't nothin'. Was just teachin' him how ta dance. Don't have nothin' ta do with us likin' each other." She rested her chin on her knees, "Why in tha hell do ya feel alone? That's what ya said when ya woke up too."

Benjamin: Ben realized he did. Seemed like he was getting to the heart of the problem lately. "I dunno...I know everyone here cares. I just...feel like I'm...I don't know...you ever get that feeling you're doing something wrong." He shrunk under her gaze.

Benjamin: "I can't get anything right with you, I can't keep my friends, I'm afraid I can't stay sober..."

Rogue: "Now who tha hell said ya cain't get anythin' right with me? So ya fucked up kissin' me. Ah didn't mind that much. So ya made me mad a couple times. Trust me, sugah. That ain't hard ta do."

Benjamin: Ben watched the sun setting in the west and looked back at Rogue. "Am I really worth all the trouble?" He asked her.

Rogue: "Trouble?" She kept her gaze out over the treetops.

Benjamin: "Well...y'know..." he stood up and started to brush himself off. "It's just-" *wham* His spider-sense went crazy and suddenly he felt his right foot give out. The shingle!

Benjamin: Ben fell down and started to slide down the slanted roof. "GAH! WHAT THE-!"

Rogue: Rogue caught his hand and yanked him up, sending him through the air and she watched him as he landed on the roof next to him. "Careful. Gotta keep ya footin'."

Benjamin: Ben felt her thumb press on the palm of his hand and suddenly had a weird sensation his wrist. "owe!" He yanked his hand away. "Thank you..." He said. "Just...owe, my wrist just freaked out."

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow and looked down at his wrist, "Did Ah break it? Ah'm sorry, darlin'. Ah didn't mean to..."

Benjamin: "It's fine..it's like...something is trying to come out of my wrist..." His face was all screwed up as he began flicking it about.

Benjamin: "What the hell...can the webbing clog up y'th-" there was a *thip* and suddenly a dark dart like stinger zipped out of his flesh, ricocheted off the roof, and zoomed back into Ben's jugular. "..." Ben instantly passed out and fell down again, sliding down the roof.

Rogue: Rogue frowned and flew after him, carefully catching him and cradling him as she lowered to the ground, laying him on the grass. She looked at his neck and pulled the dart thingy out of his neck and looked if over. She set it aside then checked the wound in his neck before looking his hand and wrist over. He seemed fine. "Ben. Wake up."

Benjamin: Ben suddenly shot up with a gasp of air. "WHAT THE HELL!" Ben roared.
"What the hell...what the fuck was that?" Ben looked around. "What..." He looked to
Rogue and noticed he was on the grass. Ha! My hero! he thought.

Rogue: Rogue picked the thing up and showed it to him, studying it again herself for a moment. She looked at him over it. "Not sure. Shot outta ya wrist an' went inta ya neck." She poked the end to her nose and wrinkled it. "Kinda tickles."

Benjamin: "Is that..." Ben's brows furrowed. "Is that a...stinger...holy hell...I am so weird!"

Rogue: "Ya growin'. Ain't nothin' weird 'bout it." She gave him a small smile. "That's a good thing."

Rogue: She put the 'stinger' in her pocket and offered him a hand to stand, "Ya feelin' ok?"

Benjamin: "yeah... A little dizzy, but I'm not bad." He took her hand and pulled himself up. "I'm still growing? Rogue, I hate to break this to you..."

Benjamin: Ben laughed. "But I've been through puberty already."

Rogue: Rogue shook her head and chuckled. "Ya know that's not what Ah meant." She looked back at the school. "Figure we gotta tell Josh.. Or did ya just wanna do that by yaself?"

Benjamin: "I'll tell him," Ben said. "I think I want to talk to him about it...and I promise I won't hit him this time." He winked. "You should tell Remy and whoever else it concerns."

Rogue: "Yeah. Ah'll definitely go tell Remy. He'll wanna know. Especially 'cause she's on his team." She gave him a grin then smacked him on the rear, "Get to it, tiger." She winked over her shoulder as she flew towards the door.

Benjamin: "God, I love that." Ben said, smiling.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Heehee. Ben's kinda danger-prone, spider sense or no.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

He's trying to figure it all out still.

It just seems like his days keep getting worse. :rainy

Except when rogue's around. :tail
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

... Stingers.

LAWL, that's awesome.

Ben and Rogue are great! Josh is never going to come out of hiding...
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Heehee. Ben's kinda danger-prone, spider sense or no.
Ben can be the next Xander!