6/22 Instance: Can we say they are "seeing" each other now?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Scott/Japh's room

[Summers] Scott sat on his bed, staring blindly out the window. He smelled of chlorine from the pool and looked like he'd been swimming most of the day.

[Summers] ((lol))

[Angel_II] Angel stared at the wood of the door for a moment, and her hand before she knocked. She COULD do this. Taking a deep breath, she knocked.

[Summers] Scott looked up. "Who is it?" thankfully, Japh had cleared out of the room when he'd come in earlier. The peace was nice.

[Angel_II] She heard his muffled response and considered taking off. Nope. Not gonna happen. Not again. "It's Angel."

[Summers] "Come in!" Scott modified his tone to something a little more welcoming, and racked his fingers through his hair.

[Angel_II] She opened the door, slipping through to stand a few feet away from him. Not too close, not too far. Friendly. "Hey, how you doing?"

[Angel_II] She smiled, remembering he could now see it.

[Summers] He turned around and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. "Better. You?" He finally looked up and returned her smile.

[Angel_II] "Hey, I'm fine," she replied, trying to stop herself from fidgiting. "You busy right now? Cause if you are... um, busy, I can come back later or somethin'."

[Summers] He gestured to Japh

[Summers] 's bed "Have a seat."

[Angel_II] She sat, all too aware she was really in full view right across from him.

[Summers] Scott fidgeted for a minute. "I'm sorry. It was quite a shock - it was like a jumble of shapes and colours from a dream all crashing back into focus." Scott cleared his throat, studying her.

[Summers] "You're very beautiful, Angel." Scott smiled. "Very much so."

[Angel_II] "Nah, I get that..... or, rather, I got that, later when I thought about it, and after my friend Tiff told me to shape up." She managed to giggle a little at the last, relaxing a bit.

[Angel_II] She blinked.

[Angel_II] "Nobody's ever said that to me before."

[Angel_II] "I mean, since the wings. They's kinda a killjoy."

[Summers] "Really? Well, then they all deserve to be shot, 'cause the wings are nice. Delicate like um...gossamer?" Scott laughed

[Summers] "I don't really know what gossamer is, it sounds nice, though."

[Angel_II] "Thanks." She ruffled them. "They just look buggy to me," she laughed. "Hey, you said you wanted to get to know me again, right?" She was getting bolder now, so it was time to take the risk. "You like coffee?"

[Summers] "Occasionally. What do you have in mind?" Scott raised an eyebrow. Ok, this wasn't as awkward as he thought it was going to be.

[Angel_II] ((kicks chat))

[Summers] ((kicks chat too for good measure))

[Angel_II] "Weeell, I thought we could hang out. I make some great coffee."

[Angel_II] ((lol))

[Summers] "Sounds good. I thinkt here was a coffee grinder on the counter next to the breadbox. I think I"ll let you lead the way, since I actually don't know how to get there by sight." Scott stood up and proffered a hand towards Angel.

[Angel_II] She took his hand and gave it a squeeze, leading the way to the kitchen.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Angel_II] Angel headed for the grinder, and pulled out the beans she had already found before going to Scott's room.

[Summers] "So, that was amazing, I didn't realize that Xavier has so much STUFF. And the rooms! He must be loaded." Scott said, looking around the kitchen.

[Angel_II] There were three varieties, so she held them up. "We got choices."

[Summers] He inspected the cabinets, until he found one with mugs, he took two down and put them on the counter. "Choices? Pick your favorite."

[Angel_II] "Oh yeah, I think Baldy's doing okay." She laughed.

[Summers] "Better than ok."

[Angel_II] She selected the same stuff her dad always bought at the import store. She knew it was high dollar, but not her dime. She dumped it in the grinder and pulsed it.

[Summers] "'Baldy'?" Man, he;s a telepath, do you think he can hear you say that?" Scott looked around as if the man would come in and catch them.

[Angel_II] "Okay, better than God, man, he's got loads of dough."

[Angel_II] She laughed. "Shoot, I heard people round here call him much worse, and they ain't in trouble."

[Summers] "Yeah." Scott watched the coffee beans ground away. "It's the little things I missed seeing the most."

[Angel_II] She filled the filter. "Yeah, you see this stuff?" She shook the beans a bit. "This ain't cheap. My dad buys it. Nothing in here's cheap."

[Angel_II] "I wonder where a telepath got all this money. It's weird."

[Angel_II] She finished readying the coffee pot and studied the rest of the kitchen.

[Angel_II] ((I think we lost JS))

[paws] ((oh poo))

[Angel_II] Under cover of checking out the kitchen, she checked Scott out. She really liked him, so Tiff was right, she owed him the truth.

[Angel_II] Hmmmm.... could he see her looking. Those red glasses made it hard to see where he was looking. She experimentally stuck her tongue out at him.

[Summers] Scott stuck his tongue back out at her. "Maybe he just made people give him money."

[Angel_II] She laughed. "Sorry, just had to check!"

[Angel_II] "That's what I wondered. It's weird that he has so much money and brought us all here,"

[Angel_II] "Hey, the coffee's done!"

[Summers] Scott grinned, the coffee smelled good, and he was tired. "Somehow, I don't think it's completely out of the goodness of his heart, I mean, the statue I destroyed yesterday must have been worth a lot."

[Summers] "And I haven't had one summons to his office, hell, I haven't even SEEN him since my first day couple of days."

[Summers] ((now I want one))

[Angel_II] "Me neither." She poured some coffee into the cups SCott had found and dug in the fridge for cream.

[Summers] Scott searched the countertops for sugar. "Do you like sugar too?"

[Angel_II] "Oh yeah, I'm a fly, right? We like sugar."

[Angel_II] She poked her head up from the fridge, hearing voices in the hallway. Crap. And that sounded like Remy.... fuck. "Hey, you wanna go outside with these?"

[Summers] Scott tuyrned to look at her. "WHAT?! That is not what I meant. Megs always put like four heaping spoonfuls of sugar into her cup...it's like sludge."

[Summers] "I thought it might be a girl thing, since Mom did that too."

[Angel_II] She laughed. "I's just playin. Yeah, I like sugar. Lots."

[Summers] Scott listened to the voices. "Yeah, Let's go." Scott grabbed the little cannister labeled sugar and his cup of coffee.

[Summers] "There's a door off here, come on."

[Angel_II] "Not a moment too soon," she scooted after him. She so didn't want to see Scott and Remy try to kick each other's asses.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

[Angel_II] She followed him into a winter-dead garden. "Wow, I never seen this spot."

[Summers] "I found this place earlier today." Scott walked over to a large stone bench a sat down, putting mug and cannister beside him. "It's pretty. I"m sure when they bloom, they counteract the smell of chlorine form the pool.

[Summers] "Cold, but far enough away from the main building.

[Angel_II] She smiled at that. "I bet." She sat beside him, the canister between them. "Well, the coffee helps the cold."

[Angel_II] "It ain't that cold yet anyway."

[Angel_II] "You ain't from one of those places where it never snows, are ya?"

[Angel_II] She reached for the sugar, using the spoon inside to dump four spoonfuls in.

[Summers] "Your wings are more of a dragonfly, rather than a housefly. The Norse attributed the dragonfly to the Goddess Freya. The Norse version of Aphrodite."

[Angel_II] She blinked at his sudden outburst. "Aphrodite.... that's the goddess of love, right?"

[Summers] "I lived in Nebraska most of the year. And then in south Dakota. this is nothing much." Scott laughed, looking at the amount of sugar. "HOW can you drink that?"

[Angel_II] ((BRB issue))

[Summers] "Yeah, and beauty. Megan would know more. She makes her living off knowing that kind of stuff." Scott waved vaguely, then picked up his coffee and sipped at it. "Just plain old for me, no sugar, cream, or milk."

[Summers] ((ok))

[Summers] ((I'm being too girly, damnit))

[Angel_II] She looked at her sugary drink and laughed. "It tastes good, makes me hyper."

[Angel_II] "Nebraska? I never been there. That's one of the flat ones in the middle, I know that much."

[Angel_II] "I'm from Philly. Lots of snow."

[Angel_II] ((Speaking of hyper, I've had six shots of espresso since we started))

[Summers] "Yep. Remy's from way down in the south. Hot as hell, and more humid than a hot shower." Scott grimaced. Bad choice of topic, there. "So, you mentioned some asshole in your past?"

[Angel_II] "Yeah, your brother and his girl, they seemed cool," she looked back up at his question. "Which asshole?" She tried to sound light.

[Angel_II] "Jack.... he's my step-dad...." That was a hell of a subject change, but this was what she needed to tell him, right?

[Angel_II] "He, uh, didn't think I looked like a love-goddessy dragonfly when I got the wings."

[Angel_II] She licked her lips, looking down at her cup. "He called me a freak and knocked me across the room." She mostly kept her voice from cracking.

[Summers] Scott put down his mug slowly. "That's terrible. How old were you, if you don't mind me asking?" Scott looked into her eyes.

[Angel_II] Her lip trembled, and she caught in her teeth to stop it. "It was eight months ago."

[Angel_II] "That's why I flipped shit yesterday. I just saw it all again...." She trailed off, blinking tears back.

[Summers] "Fuck." Scott put the mugs, sugar and spoon down, and pulled her into a hug, feeling a bit awkward, since the wings did make it a little more difficult to wrap your arms around someone's back.

[Angel_II] She jumped at bit as he pulled her into his embrace, then relaxed, trying not to cry. "I just didn't think about that it was some weird shit for you too," she sniffed.

[Angel_II] "I didn't know you couldn't see for so long.... I kinda thought, I dunno it had just happened or something...."

[Summers] Scott didn't know what to say, but stoked her her hair gently, like Megan did when he was upset. "No, a long time."

[Summers] ((stroked))

[Summers] "So, I guess it;s my turn, huh?"

[Angel_II] She smiled at that and wiped her eyes, pulling back enough to see his face. "Yeah, I spilled my guts." she joked.

[Angel_II] "I ain't told anybody that, other than family."

[Summers] "Thank you." Scott smiled and held her hand.

[Summers] "I was 15. Chris, Megan and me went white water rafting, and some idiot who had no business going on a class four river got on, and halfway through, freaked out." Scott took in a breath.

confizzle enters this room

[confizzle] ((watches))

[Angel_II] She squeezed his hand to encourage him to continue.

[Summers] "He somehow got the boat caught between rocks and flipped us over. Chris fell out, and hit his head on a rock."

[Angel_II] "Damn..." she breathed.

[Summers] "I went in after him, and we were swept down a closed portion of the course, towards the dam. long story short, I got to Chris, and well, I saw the dam coming up. It was so big...I saw it blow to smithereens, and then I can't rememeber much until Chris dragged me upland."

[Summers] "We went over the waterfall. How we survived is a miracle."

TJSpying enters this room

[Summers] Scott looked away. "We told so many lies about what happened. Everyone except Chris and Megan think I got hit in the face with shrapnel which blinded me. We found out I had blown the dam when Chrius tried to check my pupils.

[Summers] (("))

[Angel_II] It took her a moment to process that. He blew up a dam? Damn! "You were tryin' to save your brother..... you're a hero, Scott."

[Summers] "Yeah." Scott squeezed Angel's hand.

[Summers] "So, there we are. That's my story and I'm sticking to it." Scott smiled hesitantly looking up at Angel. "So...about Remy, huh? I was just being a stubborn mule. All the Summers men are."

[Summers] ((Brb need water))

[Angel_II] She considered a moment. "Being a mutant.... it kinda sucks, don't it?"

[Summers] ((duh, forgot I had some right here.))

[Summers] "Big time."

[Angel_II] "All men are stubborn, period, but, yeah, that was special," she laughed. "He gonna blow you up next time he sees you."

[Summers] "Yeah well, I'll return the favor." Scott grinned. "That'll be the fight of the decade, huh?"

[Angel_II] "You kinda do have similar powers..... he ain't a long lost brother, is he?"

[Summers] "Christ I hope not."

[Angel_II] ((If anybody wants to join in to play, we're ready.))

[Summers] "It's be the Hatfields and McCoys."

[Summers] ((It'll))

[Angel_II] She sobered and squeezed his hand again. "So, are we good?"

[paws] ((LMAO!! THAT WAS SO FUNNY!! You guys play it - you are rocking))

[TJSpying] ((LOFUCKINGL!!!))

[Summers] "For my part, yes. You?" Scott cocked his head sideways, and looked at her.

[Summers] ((I had to look up the Hatfields, could only remember McCoys))

[TJSpying] ((im so LOLing the summers brother thing. Take THAT claremont!))

[Angel_II] She studied him for a moment, screwing up her face as if considering. "Yeeeeah, we good." She smiled and leaned in to kiss him quickly on the lips. She hopped back to see his expression.

[Summers] Scott grinned, "Tease. C'mere and do that again, or I'll come get you!"

[Angel_II] Hey, he really wasn't grossed out. All right!

[Summers] Scott reached out and gently brushed his fingers across her cheek.

[Angel_II] She leaned back in and this time really kissed him, tentatively at first.

[Angel_II] She lightly ran her fingers through his hair, careful to avoid the glasses.

[Summers] He kissed her back, pulling her closer, letting his arms circle around her.

[Angel_II] Mmmmm, she was definitely happy they had made up and kissed. He was good at this, but....

[Summers] This is was very nice. Reluctantly, he pulled away slightly, still holding her.

[Summers] "So..." Scott cleared his throat.

[Angel_II] She gently pulled her mouth back from his and looked into his glasses. "You hungry? I could really go for a gyro."

[Angel_II] ((Sorry, couldn't resist))

[Summers] "Me too."

[Summers] "I'll drive."

[Angel_II] "I don't have to navigate again, do I?"
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

LOL! Too bad the gyro joke doesn't make sense since you cut out the whole OOC conversation we had about those yummy sammiches when JS lost her internet connection.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

I know! but it took up so much room. However it was pretty damn funny - so for your viewing pleasure - the cropped bits.

[Angel_II] ((I think we lost JS))

[paws] ((oh poo))

[Angel_II] Under cover of checking out the kitchen, she checked Scott out. She really liked him, so Tiff was right, she owed him the truth.

[Angel_II] Hmmmm.... could he see her looking. Those red glasses made it hard to see where he was looking. She experimentally stuck her tongue out at him.

TJSpying enters this room

[Angel_II] ((Does a tap dance))

[Angel_II] ((There's an invisible blue girl in here!))

[TJSpying] (( ))

[TJSpying] ((shhh! dont tell anyone!))

[paws] ((Hahahahaha - ))

[Angel_II] (( ))

[TJSpying] ((OMFG NETTE!! Paws has never had a gyro!!))

[Angel_II] ((Angel should have taken the opportunity to strip in front of him when he was blind))

[paws] ((LMAO!!))

[Angel_II] ((NEVER!? Those things are awesome!))

[TJSpying] ((LOL! Wel, Japh did...allegedly))

[paws] ((Poor JS - by the time she gets her computer up and going again there will be a whole RP in these (()) ))

[TJSpying] ((THEY ARE! Im eating one now!))

[paws] ((NOPE - I am a weirdo.))

[TJSpying] ((LOL! We are SO breaking rule. But its ok! we're mods!))

Summers enters this room

[Angel_II] ((Well, I can only introspect so much on my own))

[paws] ((HAH - we'll just take this all out - its all in one clump - and we are waiting for - oh there you are))

[Summers] ((I HATE my internet connection!!!!)))

[Angel_II] ((WB))

[paws] ((HAHA - continue!))

[TJSpying] ((wb!))

[Summers] ((insert swearing here))

[Angel_II] ((Angel yammered on for a bit before I took the break))

[Summers] ((hehe rereading))

[Summers] Scott stuck his tongue back out at her. "Maybe he just made people give him money."

[Angel_II] She laughed. "Sorry, just had to check!"

[Summers] ((gyros are GOOD))

[TJSpying] ((THEY ARE!! PAWS! LISTENING?!))
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Heh - forgot to comment on this one too. I nearly died at the summers brother thing - that was sheer brilliance.

Great Job guys!

Paws