Instance: Whats the deal with Warren?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Dr.Xavier enters this room

[Dr.Xavier] Charles sits at his desk, going over paperwork, awaiting his student. *sigh* Warren had certainly got himself into quite a bit of trouble.

TheFallen enters this room

[TheFallen] * TheFallen walks in and knocks sarcastically on the open door of the study.

[TheFallen] "You called." He says flatly.

[Dr.Xavier] "Yes, Warren," he gestures to a chair across from him. "Please, have a seat."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen drops himself into the chair and proceeds to stare through the desk.

[Dr.Xavier] He rubbed his temple. He'd thought this school would be a fantastic idea. He didn't knwo he'd have to deal with young mutants sneaking out and running a muck on a weekly basis.

[Dr.Xavier] "Would you like to explain to me the events which led to the police depositing you here?"

[Dr.Xavier] He shuffled his papers. "I have the police reports. I would like to hear our side."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen looks up and grins darkly.

[Dr.Xavier] ((your**))

[TheFallen] "Do you need explanation? All on that little sheet there. Drunk and disorderly and such. Got back here somehow."

[TheFallen] "That's really very annoying, seeing as I left here in the first place. How do you keep managing to pick us all up?"

[TheFallen] ((I have the feeling I'm out of character. I'm watching it.))

[Dr.Xavier] He sighed. "Well, I suppose i would like to know why you left in the first place. If you don't wish to explain any of what I have here?" He pu the reports on his desk in front of Warren.

Dr.Xavier exits from this room

[TheFallen] * TheFallen picks up the sheaf of reports curiously and leafs through them.

Dr.Xavier enters this room

>[Dr.Xavier] Welcome to the New and Improved Nightscrawlers Chat! If you are new to chat pick a color at the bottom and join in. We are glad to be back and we are glad to have you with us. Please help us continually improve our service to you by reporting any errors or problems you experience in chat in our technical support forums. Thank you!

[Dr.Xavier] He leans back in his chair. "So?"

[TheFallen] "Seems to be about right." He sets them back down on the table.

[TheFallen] "I mean, what do you want me to say? I'm sorry? I think it was pretty obvious from the beginning I didn't want to be here and wasn't especially welcome. So I left."

[Dr.Xavier] "You've always been welcome here Warren," Xavier told him. "What makes you think you're not?"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smiles darkly.

[TheFallen] "Well, I'm not exactly invited to the sneak-out-and-party sessions, am I? But that's all right; I never have been."

[TheFallen] "Look, I'm sure you have a great vision and all that, really good intentions, great. But I'm not interested in going to school, Professor. I'm too old for that. I'm too tired of bothering with people anymore; I just want to be left alone."

[TheFallen] "I was perfectly happy to lie down in that alley and be alone. Heck, I was waiting to die. But people keep interfering."

[Dr.Xavier] He sighed. "I cannot control what the other students think of you, Warren. Thats for you to do. I have to say, I am puzzled by this."

[TheFallen] ((This is interesting. I don't know where this is going; Warren's turning into a different character.))

[Dr.Xavier] "I extended this offer to you, and the others, but you ahd a choice in if you were to come. If this is how you feel, why did you?"

[Dr.Xavier] ((LOL! Roll with it!))

[TheFallen] The corner of TheFallen's mouth turns up wryly in a dark smile.

[TheFallen] "You tell me, Professor. Aren't you the mindreader? Maybe I believed... I don't know."

[Dr.Xavier] ((hes so evil!))

[Dr.Xavier] Xavier lifts an eyebrow. "I prefer not to pry. I trust that you will tell me what ou feel comfortable telling me, and I don't wish anymore."

[Dr.Xavier] "What did you believe?"

[TheFallen] "Maybe I believed it'd help in the beginning, to be around... the others. To see if your vision had merit. But I think not anymore."

[Dr.Xavier] "Warren, you have hardly been around the others. You left before we even began classes. How can you draw your conclusions from this?"

[TheFallen] "Look at your students, Professor." Warren waves his hand idly at nothing.

[TheFallen] I mean, from what I heard in the last few days they're turning out worse than I was.

[TheFallen] "They're hardly learning to use their... abilities to the best they can."

[TheFallen] "They're just learning to party. To be immature and be the same as anyone else."

[Dr.Xavier] He steeples his fingers. "They also have not been returned here by the authorities."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirks darkly.

[Dr.Xavier] "They are children. They are teenagers. College students."

[TheFallen] "That's OK for them. But I can't be like everyone else. It doesn't work that way for me."

[TheFallen] "I mean... what can I say?"

[Dr.Xavier] "They also are all experiencing things they never have before. Many did not kno they were mutants. I want to help them, but must do so in their time, as well as mine. I prefer to work slow, gain their trust. And yours Warren."

[Dr.Xavier] He leans back again, looking at the boy. "So, where does that leave us, then?"

[TheFallen] "I'm not exactly the most approachable or the most inconspicuous of mutants.

[TheFallen] "And I've had enough problems with my abilities, with my appearance. I didn't ask for them and I don't want to learn how to use them."

[Dr.Xavier] "You're also not the only visible mutant here, Warren. Have you spoken to any of the other students? Or even staff? You may find you all have had similar experiences."

[Dr.Xavier] "I won't force you to learn or use your abilities if you do not care to. But I would like for you to stay."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen's face seems to get whiter, if possible, as his face grows clouded.

[TheFallen] "No," he says softly. "I don't think they've had the same experience."

[Dr.Xavier] ((I was outbid bawl ))

[TheFallen] "And what would I stay here for, when I want to be alone and they want me to be alone?"

[TheFallen] ((I'm sorry. ( ))

[Dr.Xavier] "How can you be sure?" he asked. "I'm not saying any of you have had the exact same experiences, but there are others who could certainly relate to being different."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen sighs and leans his head on one hand.

[Dr.Xavier] "No one wants you to be alone, but yourself." he sighed. "I think you should consider getting to know your fellow students. You may be surprised."

[TheFallen] "Sure. They're different. But they've never been hated. They've never been outcast; most of them have never been feared. Have you been hated, Professor? Really hated by those you loved? It's not a nice feeling. Not really conducive to one's self image."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen clasps his hands and rests his chin on them, grinning darkly.

[TheFallen] "I don't need people any more, Professor. Fine, that may be my choice. But it's been made already."

[Dr.Xavier] Xavier frowned at his student. He knew it wsn't easy out there for them.

[Dr.Xavier] He sighed at the boys resiliance. "I don't knwo what to say Warren. I won't force you to stay. Though, I wish you'd consider it."

[Dr.Xavier] "You aren;t hated here. And you dont hav to be hated."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen sighs and puts his head in his hands.

[TheFallen] "I don't know, Professor. To some extent... if I was to have people, I'd rather have mutants here than humans."

[TheFallen] "But I've always been hated, and I'm not expecting different. To be alone is better than those two options."

[Dr.Xavier] Xavier smirked. "I think you underestimate your fellow students."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen brings his head out of his hands and sighs.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen shrugs slightly, then drops his hands.

[TheFallen] "I didn't come in here to be convinced I should stay, you know."

[TheFallen] "But... I don't know."

[Dr.Xavier] "I'm not trying to convince you. Simply reminding you what you may be leaving."

[TheFallen] "Maybe it could be better here. How could I know? But I'm still not a very sociable person."

[TheFallen] "But like you say. Maybe I underestimate you all. Certainly happened before."

[TheFallen] "So, fine. If you want me to stay, it can't hurt. Gives me something to do."

[TheFallen] "But I can't guarantee I'm going to like it, and I'm not going to guarantee I won't leave."

[Dr.Xavier] He smiled at his student. "We'd very much like you to stay Warren. You are always welcome here."

[Dr.Xavier] "I won't keep you. I understand."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen frowns darkly. "And if I leave, I'd like to make it clear I won't be coming back. So whoever you have pointing the police to the university can give it a rest."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen stands up abruptly. "It's time for bed, I believe."

[TheFallen] "I assume I'll have different sleeping arrangements; the floor will suffice but really isn't my preference."

[Dr.Xavier] "You can still room with Piotr."

[Dr.Xavier] "I don;t believe that has changed."

[TheFallen] "Oh, that's right. The Russian. He's still here?"

[Dr.Xavier] He smiled. "Of course."

[TheFallen] "He wasn't a bad one, come to think of it. We'll see."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen frowns in incomprehension.

[Dr.Xavier] He chuckled. "I don't believe I invited any 'bad ones' to be honest."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen looks up and smiles with no real mirth.

[TheFallen] "I don't know, Professor. We'll both find out the answer to that one."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nods shortly to the Professor and walks out.

TheFallen exits from this room
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Woooo creepy Warren. And I bet the prof is thinking "WHY did I do this to myself! These frickin snot nosed brats will be the death of me!"

But - interesting dynamics to him...would love to see more!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.