4/3 Instance: A Wing and a Prayer

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

4/3 Instance: A Wing and a Prayer

Post by Svartfreja »

A few days after [Instance]Bird Brain.

<Heather> Heather had returned to her usual programme of hiding in her room unless she absolutely had to leave. It was safer in there. No crazy people with too much pasta that ask awkward questions about her non-existant sexlife with her best friend. Her best friend that didn't even bother to tell her he was involved with someone. Maybe she shouldn't be surprised. They were in college now...

<Warren> Warren had finally decided he needed to talk to Heather. He'd had plenty of time to think with all the storms that had come through. Flying in the rain always seemed to help him think. He knocked on her door lightly, coffee in his other hand. "Heather? I uhmm brought coffee..."

<Heather> Oh God. She so wasn't ready to talk to Warren again after their last encounter. "I don't want coffee..." she tried, her voice likely muffled by the effects of the door and her wings.

<Warren> "Liar... Can I come in please, Heather? I need to talk to you." He pressed his forehead to the cold door. "Please?"

<Heather> She sighed, pulling her pillow to her to hide her face in and wrapping her wings tighter around herself, "I guess..."

<Warren> Warren opened the door slowly, he didn't know what to say to her but he knew they needed to talk. "Got your favorite..." He closed the door behind him and walked over to her, holding the coffee out, hoping she'd come out of her little cocoon.

<Heather> "Just put it on my desk..." She rested her chin on her pillow, "Then you can go..."

<Warren> "I... uhmm wanted to talk to you..." Warren set the coffee down on her desk and retreated to the door to lean up against it. Eventually he slid down to sit on the floor. "What happened to us...? We used to do everything together. I mean, your brother used to make jokes that we were kissing cousins."

<Heather> "You found someone to actually kiss and forgot I existed." Heather reminded him, hiding her face in her pillow again and shifting to curl up tighter.

<Warren> "I didn't forget about you, Heather... I got distracted." He sighed. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you, you know that right?"

<Heather> "But you did hurt me... and you don't even understand why...." she sniffed, rolling to lie on the bed and bury her face in the pillow properly, her wings swamping every available space.

<Warren> "I think I figured it out, Heather... I think I figured out why I told Fee I couldn't date her too..." He swallowed hard and bit his lip. Warren didn't know exactly how to say it, and a little part of him was scared to.

<Heather> "Well it took you long enough." She replied, her voice still muffled by the pillow, "What did you figure out?"

<Warren> "Can you blame me...? I was a virgin and you know I'm a bird brain..." Warren covered himself with his wings too, the action comforting. "That I uhmm... might want us to be more than friends..." He let out in one breath, mumbling the whole sentence.

<Heather> She let out a shuddering sigh, trying not to cry. "Well you stuffed that up, didn't you?"

<Warren> "I'm sorry, Heather... I didn't know I felt that way... we've been friends... like forever." Warren almost held his breath. "I didn't mean to hurt you... I didn't even have a clue you might like me. W...was kinda scared you might laugh at me."

<Heather> "I laugh at you all the time, Warren... but never about serious things... It's like you've just forgotten who I am." And now he had all this experience and she didn't have anything.

<Warren> "I've never asked out the girl who's basically my sister in front of you... Give me a chance to fix that? Make it up to you?" He chewed his lip, looking out past his wings at her.

<Heather> "How are you supposed to do that? You don't know how much you hurt me by not saying anything... she asked me what we talked about after... after... and we never have... and I didn't know what to say to her..."

<Warren> "I'm sorry, Heather... really sorry." He folded his wings further over himself feeling even worse. "I don't know if there's anything I can do to make it up but I want to. I don't want to lose my best friend..."

<Heather> "I don't know what you want from me, Warren... I can't just magically be okay with this... and you're different now... that's not going to go back to normal... and I'm broken..."

<Warren> "You're not broken, Heather! And I'm not different... I'm sorry I hurt you. I wasn't thinking." He moved his wings away and got up. "You're still my favorite golden girl..."

<Heather> "You are different!" Her wings flared a little, "You slept with her! That's different!" And she was too broken.

<Warren> "That doesn't change who I am..." Warren didn't move. "I did... I slept with Fee cuz I didn't know it would hurt you and I'm sorry..."

<Heather> "You slept with her because you didn't think I'd find out. That's different."

<Warren> "That's not it, Heather... She was the one who came on to me. I could have stopped her but I didn't have a reason to. I didn't know I wanted you 'til this all came crashing down around me... We were best friends. I didn't know we could be more than that."

<Heather> "Did you even consider her feelings? God... men are all the same. Just go away..."

<Warren> "Heather, please just listen to me... I told her I wasn't interested in her that way. She was the one that pushed forward... I told her I just wanted to be friends and she told me she was okay with that. We already talked about, that it can't happen anymore. I'm not some uncaring asshole."

<Heather> "You don't fuck your friends, Warren! I thought we established that!" Her wings flared again and upended a table piled with books.

<Warren> "Yeah I figured that out. I hurt her and you and I'm sorry. But I can't change the past." He folded his wings back behind him standing firm in front of her.

<Heather> "What do you want, Warren? I already told you can't just magically be okay with this."

<Warren> "I know, Heather... I don't know what to do... I'm miserable knowing I hurt you. I don't know what I can do to make things right with you again... Do you want me to just give up? Because I don't want to... I want to be more than your friend..."

<Heather> "I don't know, Warren! It's too soon! I only found out a few days ago that I don't know the person I thought I knew best in the world! You're standing there expecting me to tell you what? That I feel the same? I don't know what I feel anymore. Everything's just wrong... and I'm busted up enough without adding all this on top..."

<Warren> "Let me help... I don't want to make your life harder. I want to help you. What's wrong...? Talk to me. And don't tell me it's the new look. You know I still think you're beautiful."

<Heather> "I have talons, Warren... and I can't fit through doors... and I can't get this stuff off my face... and you've been nowhere because you've been with this other girl and I thought I didn't matter to you anymore..." she hid her face behind her hands and gave up trying not to cry. "And now I don't know what I'm supposed to do because everything's twice as stuffed up..."

<Warren> "Heather you mean more to me than I knew until I fucked it all up..." He moved over to her. "I don't care what you look like. You're still my best friend. Maybe I like tall girls?" He tried to cheer her up with a terrible joke.

<Heather> "God, that's not the point!" She was so not in the mood for jokes. "I care what I look like! I don't want to look like this! I don't want to have to duck to get into anywhere! I don't want to have claws! I want to have four fingers! And shoes!"

<Warren> "I'm sorry Heather... I'm not trying to make light of this. I wouldn't want to stay in my other form always... But you can't give up. Maybe it will get better... Maybe someone here can help you."

<Heather> "It doesn't matter anyway... maybe I'll just go home..." she curled up again, hiding back behind her wings. "Then you can sleep with whoever you want and I don't have to find out."

<Warren> "I don't want to sleep with anyone else. And if you went home I'd come after you. So if we're leaving let me know so I can pack... I'd miss your shiny ass." Warren sat down on her bed with her.

<Heather> "I'm having trouble believing that right now." She hugged her knees to her chest, "I can't even tell you if I want to fix our friendship..."

<Warren> "Heather I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to. I wouldn't have told Fee that all of that was over. I would follow you to Antarctica if I had to. I'm not letting go of you again."

<Heather> "And what about what I want? Doesn't that matter to you?... I guess I shouldn't be surprised... you didn't think of that before. Why would you think about that now?" She got up from her bed and went to the door, ducking her head so she could exit into the hall.

<Warren> Warren followed her. "What do you want then Heather...? I want you to be happy. I...if that means never seeing you again..." He didn't want to say it. "I... I will." Warren choked up a little.

<Heather> "I don't know! It's too soon to have this conversation!" She turned to face him, the tips of her wings brushing both walls of the wide hallway, "I just found out my best friend has feelings for me and he only told me because I found out he was sleeping with someone. Don't you think that's going to mess with my head a little bit? Imagine if it was the other way around. How would you feel?"

<Warren> "That's not why I'm telling you, Heather... I'm not trying to get you back with some veiled trick... I'm sorry. If it was me... I'd be happy, I like you, Heather. A lot." He stopped in front of her. "But same situation... I'd probably be hurt and confused too. I wouldn't shut you out." Warren frowned. "I'm sorry, Heather, you're going through a lot... I'm sorry to make it worse on you."

<Heather> "I don't know how I feel about you anymore... I thought I did... but now it's just... it's too much of a mess... There's too much stuff going round in my head... I need more time..."

<Warren> "I'll leave you alone if that's what you want..." Warren was starting to get hurt again. He felt like he was going to lose his best friend.

<Heather> She nodded, folding her wings and turning her back to him again, her shoulders slumping as she started for the stairs, "I think that's for the best..."

<Warren> "Come see me when you figure out what you want...?" Warren asked almost praying for her to pity him.

<Heather> "Yeah..." she started down the stairs, "But I might disappoint you."

<Warren> "Alright, Heather... I just want to try to make you happy."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6