SEMESTER TEASER: Plan X

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

SEMESTER TEASER: Plan X

Post by Svartfreja »

<Carol> Carol had thought long and hard about this. It was a good idea. She had confidence in her idea. And she was fairly sure it wasn't just a thing to do because she was very bored. Even though she was. Tucking her file under her arm, she headed across the hall and knocked carefully on the door to Erik's office. Score! She didn't put a hole in it! She was getting better at this.

<Erik> "Please, come in," Erik said and rose from his chair to greet his guest, a glance at his watch telling him who to expect. No one else at the school was that punctual to scheduled meetings.

<Carol> Carol opened the door, also being careful there not to crush the handle. "Hi," she offered a smile as she stepped inside, closing the door behind her. She believed in this idea.

<Erik> "Miss Danvers." Erik returned the smile and stepped forth from behind his desk, extending his hand. "As radiant as ever."

<Carol> Carol's smile slid into a smirk, "I didn't take you for someone who'd stoop to puns." She returned the handshake, however.

<Erik> "Some things are just impossible to resist," he replied, mirroring her smirk, then gestured at the leather-cushioned chairs in front of his desk. "Now before we get started, how do you take your coffee?"

<Carol> "However it comes. I'm not fussy. The Air Force'll do that to you." She took the offered seat and set her file down on her lap. "As long as it doesn't have sand in it."

<Erik> Erik chuckled. "I don't claim to be an expert when it comes to kitchen appliances, but I can say with some confidence that you don't have to worry about that." As he sat back down, a metallic coffee pot floated towards the desk, accompanied by metal-lined cups and bowls that contained sugar and milk.

<Erik> "So, what can I do for you?" he asked, a smile on his lips. "Aside from the coffee, that is."

<Carol> She poured some coffee for herself, ignoring the milk and sugar. "I have a proposal for you... well the school as a whole actually."

<Erik> Erik arched his brow and folded his hands in front of him, his gaze on Carol. "I'm all ears."

<Carol> "Okay. So. As you know, SHIELD are keeping an eye on this place and helping out when stupid things happen like when robots go crazy and bust through the roof or aliens from space come to blow you guys up. This place attracts trouble. It's a giant magnet for trouble. Which is fine - we can totally handle the trouble. But the kids want to help out." She took a sip of coffee.

<Carol> "When Xavier was running the place, he made sure to train the kids to use their powers and sent them out helping people for PR or whatever. Which was awesome. But made more trouble. And now this school has my name on it, purely by coincidence, and it's still weird... but I feel like I'm letting the place down by not continuing this practise..." she sighed.

<Carol> "I'm not saying I'm for the idea of teams led by kids or teachers running off into the world and getting in heaps of trouble. That would be really bad... But, I've come up with another route... if you're interested."

<Erik> Erik studied his guest carefully. "I'm inclined to agree with your assessment, Miss Danvers, but before you go on I have to ask - is that the reason for the uniform?" He helped himself to a cup of coffee, as well. "Because I'm not sure if turning the school into a recruitment office for the military would be very popular, if it's that what you had in mind."

<Carol> She shook her head, "It's the nicest thing I own and I figured I should look nice if I'm making a pitch this important. This has nothing to do with the military, I promise."

<Erik> Erik didn't fail to notice this issue was of some importance to Carol, and offered her a smile in response. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to dissuade you," he said, leaning back in his chair. "Please, by all means, go on. I'm very interested to hear what you have in mind."

<Carol> "Well... SHIELD has a superhero team. We're aware of them and their deployment to world-ending disaster type scenarios. But they aren't the only things going on in the world, or even locally. There's plenty of things that SHIELD help out with regularly like providing assistance after natural disasters. That would be a good place to start." She had another sip of her coffee and set the mug down on the desk.

<Carol> "If you gave permission and they wanted to help further... then I was thinking maybe one or two at a time could help SHIELD teams with more serious work. But only after they've passed basic hand to hand at the very least and I'd oversee that myself. The last thing I want is for one of these kids to get hurt but some of them want to help and they're just programmed that way. Doesn't seem fair to say no."

<Erik> Having listened quietly, Erik appeared to ponder Carol's suggestion for a moment, before responding with a slight nod. "You're certainly correct about one thing," he said, "a lot of our students are quite eager to employ their gifts in a more productive manner. And I can't fault them for it. In fact, it's an admirable sentiment."

<Erik> "An understandable one, too," he continued, leaning back in his chair, his eyes on the Colonel's glowing appearance. "I believe you may understand better than anyone else here that no matter what we do to safeguard these kids, that no matter where we move the school, trouble will eventually find us."

<Erik> "Despite all our efforts, the world is becoming a more dangerous place is seems, especially for our kind." Another pause, this time to take a sip from his coffee. "Which is why I agree that our students should be better prepared to face it - and to make a difference, if they wish it."

<Erik> Looking back at Carol, a small smile appeared on his lips. "I like your idea, Colonel."

<Carol> She grinned, finding it hard to contain her excitement - the energy flames she had for hair gave her away anyway. "Really?" She passed the file over, "This is everything I was thinking about doing, including training for the students before they can go out and do this stuff. Let me know what you think."

<Erik> "Absolutely." Erik's smile grew a little bigger as he reached across the desk to take the offered folder, flipping it open on his lap to browse its contents. "I have to admit, I am even grateful you came to me with this."

<Erik> "I have been trying for a while now to think of ways that would allow our students to take a more proactive role, which is obviously something that deserves a careful approach - especially under the watchful eyes of SHIELD."

<Erik> He looked up at his guest again. "A cooperation like you suggest would certainly simplify the matter."

<Carol> "It can only help," she smiled, "I already floated the idea with Fury to see what he'd be willing to do... that's all in there. Greer also said she'd be willing to help on the hand-to-hand front because she's an expert and I will break the children. I might be a little enthusiastic about this." She rewarmed her coffee and took another sip. "I want this to work."

<Erik> "Excellent." Erik nodded. "What your superiors might think of this would have been my next question, so it's good you already got that out of the way. Even though I'm sure there will be an opportunity to discuss all the necessary details together and come to a workable agreement."

<Erik> He flipped through the rest of the folder. "I assume you already have some candidates in mind to help put together a training program."

<Carol> "I do but I was waiting for your okay before I moved ahead with anything else... I was thinking the next step would be to post a signup sheet somewhere to see how much interest there is from the student body. Though, even if there's only three or four... to me, it's worth it. Gotta start somewhere, right?"

<Erik> "That's true. And who knows, a handful of interested volunteers may be all that's needed to motivate more to follow their example." Erik smiled. "Very well, Colonel Danvers. I assume I can entrust you with overseeing this project? After all, it was your idea."

<Carol> "I have absolutely nothing else to do," she laughed, "And this is my baby so I'm going to nurture it." She got to her feet. "Thanks for the vote of confidence."

<Erik> Erik stood up, as well. "There's no need to thank me," he said, once more extending his hand. "I believe this is in our mutual interest - the safety of our students - and you have already proven your capabilities."

<Carol> She returned the handshake, "I do my best." She offered a smile, "I'll pass along that list as soon as I have confirmation."

<Erik> "I'm looking forward to it," Erik said, returning the smile. "And please give my regards to Director Fury. I'm sure we're going to have a lot to discuss."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6