12/31 Instance: Presidential Summons

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

12/31 Instance: Presidential Summons

Post by Slarti »

A few days after Beta Testing, but before the bug invasion

<Shinobi> The roof garden was coming along, and a few things were even growing now. Obi brushed his fingertips over a feathery plant with delicate leaves. He had no idea what it was called, but it was pretty.

<Hope> After a long day of preparing for graduation, preparing for grad school, and texting, Hope was tired and ready to relax. She tossed her keys down by the bed and brushed Obi's mind to see where he was.

<Shinobi> He felt Hope's presence and smiled. Suddenly, he had an idea for this garden, and got up to take a look around the new beds.

<Hope> Location acquired, Hope bounded up the stairs, calling out a generic greeting to anyone who was listening.

<Shinobi> His circuit took him to just outside the door, where he waited for Hope, grinning to hear her yell.

<Hope> Finally at the top of the stairs, Hope made for the roof.

<Shinobi> As she cleared the door, he pounced, wrapping his arms around her from behind.

<Hope> Hope screamed and swung.

<Shinobi> Obi swore and phased.

<Hope> "Obi!" She shrieked, finally laughing as she realized it was him. "You alright?"

<Shinobi> "Who else would it be? Like you can't feel me?" He hadn't solidified yet, just gave her an arched eyebrow and a smirk.

<Hope> "Hey. I don't know that there isn't some psychopath up here kidnapping you and licking you or something."

<Shinobi> His nose wrinkled. "Licking me?"

<Hope> She grinned and poked at his phased self. "Well it's what I like to do."

<Shinobi> That made him laugh and look down at her finger passing through him. He rectified that and caught her hand, guiding it up and around his neck as he stepped into her and snaked his other around her waist. "Well, true. Who wouldn't?"

<Hope> "Everyone else because I'd beat them," she teased, leaning up to kiss him softly.

<Shinobi> "Mmm. I like that..." He returned the kiss, smirk firmly in place. "gratuitous violence on my behalf..."

<Hope> "Always," she muttered, kissing him again and grinning. "How was your day?" She ran her fingers through his hair, pressing herself against him.

<Shinobi> "Good. Kind of boring. Better now..." He loved the feel of her, and squeezed her to him, one hand sliding below her waist.

<Hope> "Same," she admitted as she closed her eyes. "What have you been up to up here?"

<Shinobi> That news pleased him and he smiled, savoring it for a moment. "It's getting kind of pretty now that the plants are growing." Obi kissed her forehead and moved back just enough to take her hand, lacing their fingers together.

<Hope> Attention shifted back to the garden, Hope squeezed his hand and smiled as she looked around. "It really is."

<Shinobi> "I know, I was surprised." He started walking slowly, taking in the Japanese-inspired layout and greenery.

<Hope> "You should see DC in the spring. The cherry blossoms are gorgeous. Ohhh we should take a selfie under them." She smiled as they walked, watching him more than the greenery.

<Shinobi> "We should," he agreed, nodding along at the thought. He led her to an empty bed and paused, turning to look at her with a smirk.

<Hope> Busted looking at him! It made her smirk back up at him. Yeah that selfie would be a making out selfie. It would be the best selfie ever.

<Shinobi> Catching the drift of her thoughts, he leaned down and gave her a kiss.

<Hope> She relaxed as she returned the kiss, smiling a little. "You keep doing that and we'll get nothing done tonight."

<Shinobi> "Mmm, we're supposed to do something other than this tonight?" He grinned into the kiss, stepping into her and drawing his other arm around her.

<Hope> Her mind became a bit hazy as she became distracted by him. Hope pressed herself against him and nuzzled him gently. "Nope."

<Shinobi> "That's what I thought." He turned his face into her hair and breathed in. Missed you. Busy day?

<Hope> "I missed you too," she muttered against him, nestling close. Long, busy day. You?

<Shinobi> "Avoiding studying for a final that I will take but won't get credit for." He stroked her hair, watching the light catch the red curls.

<Hope> That made her laugh as she closed her eyes. "But at least you're smarter?"

<Shinobi> "Well, and I might be taking the same one next semester for credit if I'm lucky. What'd you do today?"

<Hope> "Got my stuff for graduation... applied to some state schools just to piss off Tony... and, you know, texted. Twittered. Facebooked."

<Shinobi> "Yeah, I got the last ones," he chuckled, kissing her forehead and reclaiming her hand to lead her into the garden.

<Hope> "It's really peaceful up here," she pointed out quietly, keeping close to him.

<Shinobi> "It is." He squeezed her hand and paused at the bed he'd singled out earlier. "There's nothing planted in this one yet..."

<Hope> "Okay?" she questioned, looking up at him quizzically.

<Shinobi> "Maybe we should plant some sunflowers?" He bumped her shoulder with his own.

<Hope> She grinned almost immediately and tightened her grip on his hand. "Yeah!"

<Shinobi> "I'm sure Sebastian and Jess wouldn't mind." Her excitement made him smile.

<Hope> "You get to ask them," she reasoned, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing the tip of his nose.

<Shinobi> "That's fine," he laughed, brushing their noses together.

<David> The call from Tony had been... unexpected and annoying. Finding the children had been a simple enough task, but they were having... a moment. Resisting the urge not to gag at them (as usual) David cleared his throat. "You two need to pack your bags. Marine One will be here at 7 a.m."

<Shinobi> The other man's appearance was an unwelcome surprise and Obi didn't manage to stop his flinch at the cough. His arms tightened around Hope. "What?"

<David> "Pack. We leave at 6:45 to get to the helipad."

<Hope> Hope tightened her hold on Obi instinctively. "Why?"

<David> Barely holding in an eyeroll, David continued. "Because your father said so."

<Shinobi> "Wait, both of us?" He paused a moment. "And you couldn't have waited to tell us this?"

<David> "Wait for what? Have you seen the amount of shit she packs?" David gave Obi a look.

<Shinobi> He pressed his lips together, knowing better than to respond to that.

<Hope> Hope elbowed him anyway with a slight glare. "We'll be ready."

<Shinobi> "And... why are we going? Again?" He cocked his head at David. "He's never asked for me to come with her..."

<David> "I already told you all that I know. President Stark has requested you two."

<Hope> Hope grumbled and seriously thought about texting Tony. What the hell?

<Shinobi> The wording sounded an alarm. "President Stark, or Hope's dad... which is it?"

<David> "Lucky for you, he tends to be both... doesn't he?"

<Shinobi> "You know what I mean," he snarked.

<David> He shrugged a little. "I guess we'll find out tomorrow."

<Shinobi> Obi looked at Hope for help and sighed.

<Hope> "I can text him..." she offered, keeping his hand.

<Shinobi> "Okay, let's see what he says..." He shrugged and squeezed her fingers. The whole thing just made him nervous. What would Tony Stark want with him?

<Hope> No matter what... I love you, she reminded him, head rested against him.