7/10 Instance: Light of Day

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

7/10 Instance: Light of Day

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after Healing Begins

<Shinobi> He reeled in the string again, but went too far and the nose of the kite dipped alarmingly. "Shit!"

<Hope> Hope let out a squeal, ducking for cover behind Shinobi. "It's out to get us!" It was a beautiful day at the park, that much was for sure. David had managed to secure a nice area that had great spot for kite flying. It was fun... until the kite attacked.

<Shinobi> Laughing, he dropped the winder and spun to tackle Hope, phasing at the same time. The kite passed through them and bounced off the ground. "It missed," he pointed out and gave her a grin.

<Hope> Hope might have screamed as she was tackled, laughing happily at Shinobi as she looked up at him. "My hero!"

<Shinobi> "I could get used to that," he mused, rolling them onto their sides and away from the wrecked kite.

<Hope> "You earned it," she kissed his nose playfully. "Saving me from the dark dungeon... attack kites..."

<Shinobi> "Just give me the X-Men uniform now," he laughed, brushing her messy hair back from her face.

<Hope> "You'd look incredibly sexy in it," she informed him, smile glued to her face. "Course, I haven't worn one in years."

<Shinobi> "I'm sure you looked incredibly sexy too." He cocked his head, debating if he remembered her from when they were on opposite sides. "It'd almost be worth it just to watch people squirm," he decided with a smirk.

<Hope> She swallowed a bit at the sexy comment, but tried not to let it phase her. "I like watching you squirm," she tickled him.

<Shinobi> He felt a flash of unease, but before he could think about it too much she was on him and he laughed, rolling away from her.

<Hope> "You can run... but there is nowhere to hide Obi!" Hope pounced on him.

<Shinobi> Phasing again, he just grinned at her.

<Hope> Hope pouted at him.

<Shinobi> He arched a brow. "I am evil, after all."

<Hope> She sniffled at him.

<Shinobi> "Oh, fine." Obi solidified with a roll of his eyes.

<Hope> "Sucker." She pounced him for kisses.

<Shinobi> "Well," he said between kisses," I don't think I came out poorly for it, so not really a sucker..."

<Hope> Laughing now, Hope ran her fingers through his hair. "Except now you're mine. It was a trap."

<Shinobi> "Still not seeing the bad side of this." He smirked, nuzzling her cheek and ear.

<Hope> Hope giggled and nuzzled him back. "I think I got the better end of the deal. You're all romantic and... stuff." That familiar thought worked back into her mind. Why was he with her?

<Shinobi> "And stuff?" Once again, he felt just a little uneasy, shifting to prop himself up on his elbow and put on a crooked grin. "Oh, I don't know. I get to experience your eloquence."

<Hope> "You mean lack thereof!" She pointed out, laughing as she looked up at him, laying back in the grass. "I don't know... you're just... naturally good at this."

<Shinobi> "Crashing kites?" He looked over her at the wreckage and laughed. "Yes, it seems that way."

<Hope> "No no... this..." she squirmed. "Forget it. Race you to the basket!" She tried to cheat and get a head start.

<Shinobi> He wondered what she meant, but shook it off and scrambled up to go after her, easily overtaking her.

<Hope> Once she reached the basket Hope lay down, gasping for air just a bit. "I'm out of practice!"

<Shinobi> "We can fix that." He flopped down on the blanket, getting comfortable and flipping open the basket. "Hungry?"

<Hope> "Starving!" Hope smiled softly up at him. "Bust out those brownies!"

<Shinobi> He complied and laid down beside her, handing one over. Propped on his elbow again, he took the time to just gaze at her.

<Hope> She had to sit up enough to eat, but leaned back on an arm. "Should have brought more brownies."

<Shinobi> "Our stash was running kind of low." He was still watching her and just smiled. "So many freckles," he said, reaching over to trace her brow and down her nose.

<Hope> He caught her attention. Hope smiled slowly, looking over at his eyes. She took the opportunity to really look at him too.

<Shinobi> "They're cute." Gaze flicking between her eyes and her freckles, his smile grew. The contrast of his fingertips on her pale skin was mesmerizing.

<Hope> "Yeah?" she questioned, grinning at him. "You've got to be the first to like them.... hey!" She sat up better, scooting closer to him and running her fingers through his hair again.

<Shinobi> "How can I possibly be the first? They're adorable." He looked up, bemused at her sudden interest in his hair. "Yeah?"

<Hope> "It's brown! Your hair is brown," she emphasized.

<Shinobi> "Yeah," he laughed, wrinkling his nose at her. "You really just now noticed?"

<Hope> "I... thought it was black," she confessed.

<Shinobi> "Well now you know." He grinned and leaned in to steal a kiss.

<Hope> "See," she mumbled against him in the kiss, "Terrible girlfriend."

<Shinobi> "No," he assured her, briefly deepening the kiss and then breaking it to meet her eyes with a soft smile. "You're perfect."

<Hope> "I didn't even know what color your hair was," Hope argued.

<Shinobi> "It's dark, so it looks black most of the time." He shrugged, then smirked, widening his eyes at her. "My eyes are brown too," he said in a stage whisper.

<Hope> "I know that!" She shoved him a bit. "Now you're just teasing me."

<Shinobi> He laughed, rocking with her push. "Did you know yours change colors?"

<Hope> "See! You are way better at this than I am!" She sighed, laying back on the blanket.

<Shinobi> "What?" He laughed. "They do. Sometimes they're almost gold, but then sometimes, like today..." Leaning in, he hovered over her and gazed into her eyes. "Green."

<Hope> Hope swallowed hard, her hand reaching up to touch his cheek. "Obi... I'm glad I'm spending my life with you."

<Shinobi> It made him smile, bending down to brush their noses together. "I'm so incredibly lucky."

<Hope> She leaned up, pulling him down to her for a soft kiss.

<Shinobi> She tasted like the chocolate she'd had and he closed his eyes in the kiss, threading his fingers back into her hair. I love you, so much.

<Hope> Hope opened up her shields, letting him really see how much she loved him too.

<Shinobi> He made a helpless sound, losing himself in her and hoping she could feel what he did. When they broke apart, he panted, pressing his forehead to hers.

<Hope> She sighed heavily, breathing him in as she held onto him. Maybe that was it right there. They loved each other. Did it really matter why? Her insecurity melted away into confidence as she stroked his cheek. It always came back to just being together; the most simple of things.