6/17 Instance: Feeding Stray Cats

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

6/17 Instance: Feeding Stray Cats

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined for a few days after [Instance]Doughnut Mugging.

<Greer> Greer pulled up in front of the building and looked up at it. It was certainly bigger than Xavier's place had been but she wasn't sure it was better and it made her sad to see 'Danvers Institute' on the sign. She turned the engine off and got out of her car, shifting into her preferred form as she did so, her tail curling around her legs as she closed the door.

<Greer> Well... she better go inside and announce herself; she'd fetch her bags later when she was assigned somewhere to sleep. Twisting her hair up, she climbed the steps to the front door.

<Cessily> Cessily craned her neck when she heard the car pull up outside the window, and the moment she saw the familiar mane of hair she was off her chair and out the door. She skipped down the stairs to the entrance hall and made for the door. "Greer!" she cheered upon pulling it open. "You're here!"

<Greer> If Greer hadn't have heard the approaching foodsteps she would have bolted back down those steps at the surprise. As it was she was only stunned for a moment before she grinned, "Cessily!" She pounced her for a hug.

<Cessily> Cessily had the same idea, and the two met halfway in an attempt to topple each other in a tight embrace. "I was wondering if you'd really show up," she said, sniffling a bit into the other girl's fur and hair. "It's so nice to see you again."

<Greer> "Oh come on, who could resist the chance to save the world again?" She gave Cess a squeeze, "And I get to toture students... teach, I meant teach.... honest."

<Cessily> "Oh, I know what you mean." Cessily giggled. "Just make sure you don't traumatise them faster than I can counsel them." She looked over Greer's shoulder. "Can I help you with anything? Surely you got some luggage. Or would you like to come in first and I'll make you something to drink?"

<Greer> "I figured I should know where I'm going to be stationed before I drag everything out of the car - got breakables in there. You know I like the shiny things, my collection is like three times the size it was in college... I think about half my paycheque goes on that stuff." She laughed, swishing her tail behind her.

<Cessily> Cessily laughed. "No worries, I'm sure we'll find a nice safe spot for you to keep all your shinies," she replied. "If there's one thing we have plenty of, it's available space." Hooking her arm around Greer's elbow, she pulled the feline mutant inside. "Come, I can show you around."

<Greer> "Yay! A tour! Do I get a t-shirt?" she leaned on her friend a little, "I want to see the labs, word is SHIELD kitted them out - I bet there's treasure!"

<Cessily> "Oooh, lots of treasure. I think you'll love them, if you don't mind deep dark basements." Following Greer's request, Cessily led her down the hallway. "We even got the old hospital elevator up and running again, so we won't have to take the stairs."

<Greer> Greer laughed, "Awesome. I don't mind basements - nothing scares you when you've lived in a feral community in the woods," she nodded sagely. "So what are you up to these days?"

<Cessily> "Oh, you know, the usual," Cessily replied with a shrug, while giving Greer a smile. "Trying to keep my class schedule, dealing with stressed out students, fighting killer robots and giant bugs, actually maintaining something resembling a stable relationship..."

<Greer> "You're dating? Anyone I know?" She knew about giant bugs - that was why she was here - and killer robots.

<Cessily> "Her name's Carol," Cessily said. "Carol Danvers. She's our SHIELD liaison." She smiled and twirled a strand of hair around her finger. "We kinda... hooked up when we started working together."

<Greer> "Wow really? I've heard of her... reputation for being a hardass... should I be worried?" She watched Cessily, having to take cues from body language because the girl had no scent, "You really like her, huh?"

<Cessily> "Yeah, I do," Cessily admitted, a sheepish little smile playing across the corner of her mouth. "And don't worry, she's mostly bark and just a little bite. As long as you don't do anything that pisses her off, she's really easy to get along with."

<Greer> "Oh that's okay then - I'm good at not pissing people off because I'm all cute and petable." She offered Cess a fangy grin, "I'm glad you're happy, it's about time you grew up." She bumped her with her shoulder.

<Cessily> "Who says I grew up and didn't just get better at pretending I'm an adult?" Cessily returned the grin and decided to put Greer's claim to the test by reaching over to pet her thick mane. "So, how about you? I hope life treated you well away from Xavier's."

<Greer> Greer purred and turned her head toward the hand, "You know Chris and I broke up... since then I've been working on my career. I'm studying for my doctorate with SHIELD, they hired me after my research contract ran out."

<Cessily> "That's fantastic!" Cessily beamed. "The thing with the doctorate, not your breakup." She led Greer down the basement hallway and towards the labs once the elevator doors opened. "Speaking of, did you know Chris is still working here, too?"

<Greer> She nodded, "Yeah, I heard... I did have to think about taking this job but I figure they wouldn't ask if they didn't need me."

<Cessily> "Believe me, we're really glad you agreed to come back," Cessily said and gave Greer an encouraging smile. "We're beginning to have trouble keeping everything from teaching to world saving covered with the staff we have, so we're thankful for any help we can get."

<Cessily> "Besides, it's always great to see an old friend again." Her smile grew bigger as she wrapped her arm around the feline's shoulder.

<Greer> Greer put her arm around Cessily's waist to give her another squeeze, "Well... I can think of one person who won't be pleased to see me back here."

<Cessily> "Depending on who you're talking about, I wouldn't be so sure about that," Cessily replied, tilting her head.

<Greer> "You know who I'm talking about," she sighed, "But it'll be alright, I'll steer clear and he knows not to bait the feral...."

<Cessily> Cessily smirked. "He will if he knows what's good for him. Too bad he doesn't always." She looked at Greer. "No worries, though, one of my jobs is to make sure everyone gets along with their coworkers, and if they don't, I'm here to remind them of it. And if all else fails, I can always threaten them with Carol."

<Greer> She laughed, "Seems like you have a good system going. How's this place for drama? Better or worse than when I was at school?"

<Cessily> "I like to think it's slightly better, or maybe I'm just getting used to it." Cessily snickered. "Maybe it's the bigger size of the place. Gives people a chance to avoid each other. But you really need to be careful about not getting lost here, especially in the buildings we don't regularly use."

<Greer> "Pfft, I can't get lost," she pointed at her nose, "This thing on my face stops that happening. I can just follow my own scent around."

<Cessily> "Wouldn't that lead you in circles?" Cessily asked with a laugh.

<Greer> "Probably but I'd get back to where I started or somewhere familiar eventually," she gave a shrug, "I shouldn't get that lost anyway, I have a good sense of direction."

<Cessily> Cessily grinned. "It's not like anyone could keep a curious cat from sneaking around anyway, am I right?" When they reached a large door, she put a silver hand on the scanning plate in the wall, and the heavy security seal slid open. "And speaking of, here we are, our new and improved science labs."

<Greer> "Oooooh..." Greer's eyes were wide with interest, "Okay... this is going to be a full day thing... maybe we should get a snack first."

<Cessily> Cessily giggled. "I can show you the kitchen first," she suggested, thumbing over her shoulder. "Or we see if Hank has any more twinkies hidden somewhere down here."

<Greer> "I think I should have some protein, you know, just to stop me running off after some rodents." She tossed Cessily a grin, "And some coffee would be awesome."

<Cessily> "Alright, then let's see if there's any meat in the fridge for you to hunt down, and I'll make us some fresh coffee. How about an extra large sized pot so we can take some along while we go exploring?"

<Greer> "Sounds like a plan," she linked arms with Cessily again, "I'm glad you're still around, it's nice to be welcomed by a familiar face."

<Cessily> "I thought one of us had to stay around and keep watch," Cessily replied, smiling kindly. "You know, for times just like this. To wait for old friends to come home." Her smile widened. "Besides, you couldn't pay me to give up this life."

<Greer> "You ever thought maybe you're crazy and should counsel yourself?" She teased, poking Cess in the ribs, "Or maybe you're just a masochist, huh?"

<Cessily> "You know me, I've always had a thing for whips and chains." Cessily laughed. "And I only ask myself two or three times a day. Usually when I think about all the undone paperwork. But then I think of something else and everything is fine again."

<Greer> Greer laughed, "Your SHIELD girlfriend that something?"

<Cessily> "All I'm saying is that it helps her office isn't far from mine," Cessily replied with a big grin on her face.

<Greer> She giggled, shaking her head, "Well, I'm happy for you." She hugged her again, "I hope it works out for you."

<Cessily> Cessily returned the hug. "I hope so, too." She smiled at Greer, before pressing a gentle kiss to the feline woman's forehead. "It's so good to have you around again. Now let's feed you before you start chasing any of our smaller, furrier students."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6