6/12 Instance: Starting Fresh

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

6/12 Instance: Starting Fresh

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined after Stray Kat and before Super Sonic Solutions.

<Kat> Kat was finally escaping the hospital. It had taken 2 days of sedatives and restraints to allow Kat to get some real rest. Her color was back and she wasn't riled up as she had been. She pushed thoughts of her parents disowning her and what that reality would look like as Chris carefully tucked her into his car.

<Christopher> "Ok today is your day, we do anything you want. Ladies choice all day, but first we're gonna get you some ice cream cuz you deserve it after that ordeal." Chris closed his door and locked it then turned on the engine. "The only question is cone, pint, or gallon?"

<Kat> "I don't need any ice cream. I am just glad to be out that place." She sat quietly as Chris drove. "A cone please." She grinned

<Christopher> "I knew you wouldn't say no to ice cream." Chris leaned over and kissed her cheek before zipping out of the parking lot in the Tesla and off towards a place that they could get ice cream at.

<Kat> They rode in silence for a while. As they pulled towards a stoplight, Kat looked over at Chris. "Thanks for staying by my side throughout all of this. I'm sorry you had to deal with my parents. This was a rough situation that was exacerbated by my parents."

<Christopher> "It's fine Kat." Chris reached over and rubbed her leg gently. "I've been through something similar. My family wasn't all too accepting of me being a mutant or going to our school either."

<Kat> "Its just so frustrating. I wanted to worry about school, classes, and projects. I didn't want to have to be adulting while I was still trying to become one with a real job. It's aggravating. I mean, eventually, I am sure that my parents will come around, but that'll be forever." She rambled and was out of breath when she finished.

<Christopher> "You just worry about school and your powers. Your health is more important than job and money. I won't let you be a pauper." Chris gave her a warm smile.

<Kat> Kat shook her head. "I can't let you do that Chris. I'll figure out what to do on my own. I've got two weeks to think about it. Dr. Guthrie said that I have to take a two week vacation from everything."

<Christopher> "Kat I have more money than I know what to do with. I'm not going to let you struggle by while I can help." Chris clumsily took her hand as he drove towards the ice cream place. "You don't need the added stress."

<Kat> "I'm not going to stress about it. At least not yet. I am going to take a two week vacation in my room away from all of my problems. I'd prefer Bora Bora, but you know current situation limits that. Plus I have to attend mandatory ability counseling with Pietro Maximoff." She sighed. It wasn't like getting a real vacation. And what she didn't include was that she was still going to work on her project.

<Christopher> "Well you know Bora Bora could be arranged." Chris gave her a cheesy grin when he stopped at a red light. "Or the Bahamas. Maybe Australia, that is my favorite place to visit."

<Kat> "I dream of white sandy beaches, the sun, and Pina Coladas" She stretched out in her seat. "Too bad I have to go to counseling sessions. And you have to do that annoying little thing called teach. Are you going to be okay without a TA for a couple of weeks?"

<Christopher> "Don't worry about me Kat. I can manage. But I think next break we'll go beach hopping."

<Kat> "You have more money than sense. Didn't we already talk about going on a road trip to Atlanta?" She laughed at him.

<Christopher> "There's beaches in Georgia. And yes I know, but can you blame me for wanting to spoil a beautiful girl like you?"

<Kat> "Careful, you don't want me to start smelling rotten." She grinned a big grin at him. She was lucky he was still there supporting her even when her family wasn't.

<Christopher> "We'll just have to make sure I keep you nice and clean too. Any ideas on that?"

<Kat> "Lots of them." She winked.

<Christopher> "Ms. Pryde when did you get so dirty?" Chris grinned and sped up a little.

<Kat> Kat laughed. "About the time I met you Professor."

<Christopher> "Does that make me a good teacher or a bad teacher?" Chris zipped the car around the roads and finally to the school where he parked. "Home sweet home."

<Kat> Kat bit her lip and winked at him. "Excellent teacher." She watched as he pulled into the parking lot and she felt her anxiety start to rise.

<Christopher> "It helps to have good pupils." Chris undid his buckle and looked over at her. "Hey you'll be okay. Pietro will be able to help you and I'm here for you if you need any help."

<Kat> Kat just smiled a pained smile. When Chris moved to open her door, she remained in her seat. She didn't want to get out of the car.

<Christopher> "Come on Kat. Up to your room. We'll get you settled in and we can watch a movie. We'll make the most of your break promise."

<Kat> "I have an idea. Let's go to the dentist or to the gynecologist. Those would be better than going back up to my room."

<Christopher> "Uhmm.... if you insist? But I think I'd prefer my room if that would be okay." Chris went almost as white as a sheet when she mentioned the gynecologist.

<Kat> "Do you even have a room? Last time I checked you were sleeping in your chair in your office. Or in my bed. After all, you gave away your trailer."

<Christopher> "I'm supposed to have a room. The trailer was, yeah I'm pretty sure I have a room too." Chris laughed a little. "It won't be pretty because I've never used it but it should be livable. Now do I need to carry you or do I get to watch that pretty little butt sway?"

<Kat> Kat groaned. "I'll walk. No need to for you to throw me over your shoulder and carry me like a damsel in distress." Kat got out of the car. "Let's just avoid my room. Okay?"

<Christopher> "Yeah we can do that. And damn I was hoping you'd choose the first option." Chris kissed her softly. "My room it is, you can help me decorate."

<Kat> Kat grinned, her mood turned around with the mention of the potential of shopping. "I am always up for shopping." She wrapped her arms around Chris to give him a big hug.

<Christopher> Chris thought of a couple of playful jabs at her but decided against because of her lifted mood. "As soon as I get outa class tomorrow then, and maybe if you're good you can get something for yourself."

<Kat> Kat looked up at Chris. "Excuse me? I am always good. But I don't need anything. Just need to mend. And an occasional ride."

<Christopher> "I dunno about good." His smile turned to a wicked grin. "But you can definitely use the Tesla whenever you want. I'll have to find the spare key for you."

<Kat> She playfully punched his arm. "Hey! I am good... at lots of things." She grinned. "Seriously though, that's incredibly generous of you. Thank you Chris."

<Christopher> "You are really good at a lot of things Kat." Chris kissed her cheek. "And careful I like it rough."

<Kat> Kat's eyes darted. "As long as nothing starts to glow purple, I'm good." Kat grabbed his hand as he led them back to his sparse room.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6