3/11 Instance: Legit Shopping

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

3/11 Instance: Legit Shopping

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined for right after [Instance]Kitchen Incursion.

<Hope> With Jess on a terror in the kitchen, Sebastian who knew where, Shinobi in his basement, and Carol in her shower, Hope had taken over the couch in the living room, laying down on it with her knees up over the arm of the couch. Her legs kicked gently as she responded to tweets online.

<Carol> Clean and with her hair largely dry thanks to her powers, Carol headed back down the stairs to find Hope, not having to search too many floors thankfully. "Hey, my boots!" She went to pick them up.

<Hope> "Oh yeah they're over there," Hope told her without looking up from her typing. "Feeling better?"

<Carol> "Showers and caffeine, can't beat them." She sat down so she could put her boots back on without incident. "What's going on in the kitchen? Sounds like world war three in there..."

<Hope> "Jess is convinced there are more rodents." Tweet sent, Hope set her phone down on her stomach and looked over at Carol. "I'd steer clear."

<Carol> "Don't have to tell me twice," Carol sent a wary glance in the direction of the kitchen. "So... any special plans for shopping or just retail therapy?"

<Hope> Hope felt out where Shinobi was before she spoke. "I need to grab something for Shinobi while we're out. Other than that, just fun."

<Carol> "Gift shopping, huh? Maybe I should do that..."

<Hope> "I don't make a big deal out of this holiday..." but it was his first one with a girlfriend. She was doing something for sure. "So we'll see what we can find."

<Carol> "I don't either... usually working... usually single..." She frowned, "I don't even know if Cess cares that it's a thing... but I'll feel bad if she does something and I haven't tried..."

<Hope> "It never hurts to surprise them. If you don't care all that much it won't matter even if she doesn't then. I don't think it's a big deal to him. I have one thing already. Just need to find something else." She sat up on the couch finally. "You ready to head out?"

<Carol> "Ready when you are," she offered a smile, "Want me in work attire or civvies?"

<Hope> Hope laughed at her. "I'm not your fashion guide. What do you want to wear?"

<Carol> "Honestly? I'd like a vacation from being me... but as I have to look after you today, I'll settle for street clothes."

<Hope> "Then don't be Carol today. Just be... Um. Coraline. Or something. No phone, nobody gets to bother you." Hope grinned. "It's sort of a vacation."

<Carol> "I didn't have a phone at Christmas and they still found me - they always can," she rolled her eyes, "But at least I have a legit reason for skipping out today... sorta."

<Hope> "You have a legit excuse at least," she laughed, getting to her feet.

<Carol> Sooner or later, all the skipped calls from superiors were going to bite her in the ass but she cared less and less about that lately. She pushed a hand through her hair, getting up and changing her clothes with a flash of energy.

<Hope> "Alright, let's go! The Corvette is waiting!" Hope grinned and led the way to the first floor.

<Carol> Carol patted her pockets to locate her wallet and carkeys. Once she'd found where they'd put themselves, she followed Hope down the stairs. "Some days I love my powers."

<Hope> It was a quick, uneventful drive to the mall. Hope parked the Corvette and eyed her sunglasses. Deciding she'd be fine without them, she opened the door to her car and slid out. "Time to shop!"

<Carol> "And get mall coffee," Carol added, getting out too and closing the door behind her.

<Hope> "Ooo and a preztel. And a cookie. There's one cookie place that I know is nut free. They also might know me." She gave Carol a bit of a sheepish grin. They knew her well. She always got cookies there.

<Carol> "I'll never say no to food, I don't care what's in it." Carol laughed, "Seriously, I'll eat anything. I used to take bets."

<Hope> "I don't know if I find that admirable or crazy," Hope admitted, leading her into the mall.

<Carol> "It earned me a lot of money," Carol nodded sagely, "It's kinda dicey sometimes but, really... I'm indestructible, what's the worst that could happen?"

<Hope> Hope wondered if her allergy would still act up with Carol's power active. Her luck it would and wind her up in the hospital. "So... what does Cessily like?"

<Carol> "Uh... She has a rock collection...?" Carol frowned, "I don't know, we don't really have a lot of time for talking about stuff that isn't work related..." Mostly that was her fault because she avoided talking about anything.

<Hope> That took Hope a moment, blinking her eyes at Carol. What did they do if they didn't talk? Oh ew. That was as bad as parent sex. "Weellll.... she can't work all the time. She has to like doing something other than looking at rocks."

<Carol> "Probably... but really we just sort of hang out and eat junk food..." She chewed her lip, "Maybe I can find a really awesome rock for her collection."

<Hope> "What about a really awesome rock and some rock candy?" Hope offered, looking around the the store choices.

<Carol> "Maybe..." Carol glanced around too, "Let's get caffeine and sugar first."

<Hope> "Sounds good to me." Hope led the way to the food court.

<Carol> "I think there's one of those weird creepy crystal healing places around... we could try in there... you know, if we get desperate. If I had my phone I'd google it."

<Hope> "We can do that if we don't find anything then. Ah here we go," Hope grinned at the sweet ladies behind the counter at the cookie place. "What kind of cookies do you want, Carol? They have brownies too. Excellent brownies."

<Carol> "Do not make me choose..." Carol eyed the selection, "What would you reccommend?"

<Hope> "A slice of cookie cake. Chocolate chip cookie with frosting and sprinkles." The ladies were already getting one out for Hope, which made her grin. "See? They know me."

<Carol> "Then I'll have that and come back to try everything else at some point in the future," Carol smiled at the women behind the counter.

<Hope> "Two it is. Two please. How are you today?" Hope asked her, getting out her wallet already.

<CookieLady> "Oh we're just fine. How are you ladies?"

<Carol> "I'll be much better after I have the unhealthiest breakfast I could choose."

<CookieLady> Laughing, the lady handed them the sweets and took Hope's card. "I do hope this helps."

<Hope> "It always does," Hope assured her, taking a bite.

<Carol> "Oh my God this is amazing! How do I not know about this place?"

<Hope> Hope laughed at her, taking her card back and thanking the ladies again. "No idea. But they are an allergy friendly place, unlike the others, so you probably went to one of those."

<Carol> "Probably... I do like peanuts... but not as much as I like blueberry muffins."

<Hope> "Oh muffins sound good. Why did you mention muffins? I can actually bake muffins." She took another bite of her cookie.

<Carol> "I like muffins, that's why I mentioned them... wait you can actually get past the batter stage with them?"

<Hope> "I don't eat muffin mix... it tastes weird. Batter and dough are what I eat," Hope clarified for Carol. "I actually baked a lot when Johnny and I broke up. When..." she glanced around. "War was still in my head. I baked a lot of muffins. Possibly angry war muffins... but muffins."

<Carol> "I'm sure angry war muffins still taste good. Never had a muffin that didn't... except for the ones I bake. I shouldn't be allowed in a kitchen."

<Hope> "I'm not really allowed in the kitchen either," Hope pointed out. "We're soul mates," she joked, nudging Carol a little.

<Carol> Carol laughed, "Hey now! In my defence, I've never set fire to the actual kitchen just the stuff in the oven... and occasionally stuff in a frying pan... or on a grill... or in a pot. It's a gift."

<Hope> "You just aren't trying hard enough. Clearly." Hope sighed a bit.

<Carol> "I guess not," she had another bite of her food, "So, where do you want to go first?"

<Hope> "There are some clothing places down here. Let's head that way first." Hope nodded her head in the right direction.

<Carol> "Sure... eat fast, I don't want to have to stare down store clerks that don't like us bringing food in."

<Hope> "Don't have to stare me down to eat sugar," Hope got to work on her cookie.

<Carol> She grinned then worked on finishing off her own breakfast cookie.

<Hope> Shoving the last of the cookie in her mouth, Hope tossed her napkin into the trashcan on her way into the store.

<Carol> Carol finished her own off, wiping off any debris on her jeans as she followed Hope into the store while trying to think of suitable gifts for Cessily.

<Hope> "Alright.... soooo..." Hope glanced around before starting off in a direction. "Maybe this way?"

<Carol> "What are we looking for?" she caught up and fell into step beside her.

<Hope> "I don't know yet... but I'll know it when I see it."

<Carol> Carol laughed, "Fair enough... It's a good thing I don't have anything else I actually want to do today."

<Hope> "You are my prisoner," Hope grinned, looking through all the different racks.

<Carol> "I am and you're torturing me... but it's not so bad as being at work."

<Hope> "I am a torture master?" Hope offered, laughing. "I just... I can't find the perfect thing. Maybe I’m just trying too hard." She twirled a bit of red hair around her finger as the thought.

<Carol> "The perfect thing for what? Maybe if you give me some clues I could help you?"

<Hope> "Just, for him. For this commercialized holiday that's supposed to be about love and shit." Too bad she didn't have her own place. A key to it would be a great gift.

<Carol> "You're buying something nice to wear so he can look at you in it?"

<Hope> That wasn't a half bad idea. "Maybe... for, you know, later."

<Carol> "Okay if that wasn't the idea then what was?"

<Hope> "No I think that's a great idea." Hope grinned. "I can't think of anything he'd like better, honestly." Hope glanced around, then headed to that part of the store.

<Carol> Carol assumed that Hope was one of those people who shopped when they didn't know what else to do. She followed the red hair that was hard to miss and kept her eyes peeled for crazies.

<Hope> While that was sometimes the case, Hope had indeed wanted a gift for Shinobi. This one, however long it took to give him, would be awesome once he finally received it. "Ah here we go." She found the lingerie section and smirked, glad that he was out of range for this adventure. She didn't want to leak any surprises.

<Carol> Carol found a wall to hold up and let Hope browse, "Guys are so easy to buy for..."

<Hope> "You don't think some lingerie would work for Cess?" Hope questioned, looking over at her as she tried to decide on a color. She paused at a deep green. Yes. With her hair? And the Ariel theme? Yes! Maybe she could find a costume somewhere. Now there was an idea!

<Carol> "She has seen me in plenty of lingerie. What do you think I wear under my uniform?" Carol raised an eyebrow at Hope.

<Hope> "I don't really think about it?" Hope shrugged. "I guess technically we all wear lingerie every day."

<Carol> "Well when you spend your life in a uniform, there's all this thinking about the lines... also it really messes with a guy's head if he knows you're wearing stockings when you're sitting across from him in a briefing. It's the little things."

<Hope> "I never really thought of that," she admitted. "I guess you should use that advantage for sure." Hope smirked and picked out the correct size.

<Carol> "Well I guess you never had to. But I spend a whole lot of my life in meetings... it's really boring."

<Hope> "Ewwww, why do you do that to yourself?" Hope wrinkled her nose at Carol.

<Carol> "I don't have a choice, really... it's my job." She shrugged, "When I joined the Air Force, I was hoping to be flying planes all the time but now I spend my life behind a desk. I hate it..."

<Hope> "Can't you get back to that somehow? I don't really know how that structure works." She headed back to Carol, lingerie selected and in hand.

<Carol> "I have my assignment... I could request another, more active duty... but they'd send me away somewhere and who knows when I'd get to come back?"

<Hope> "That really sucks." Hope sighed and headed to find a register. "Guess you're screwed either way."

<Carol> "Yep... but, right now, I'm happy here... despite all the meetings anyway."

<Hope> "Well that's nice at least. I still haven't lived anywhere longer than a year," Hope laughed a little, sighing.

<Carol> "I'm not used to staying in one place for this long... usually you get six months somewhere then you're off somewhere else. Could end up going a little stir crazy," She pushed a hand through her hair. "Where to next?"

<Hope> "I'd like the chance to go stir crazy, honestly." Hope paid at the register and thought that over. "Well... let's see if we can find some rocks?"

<Carol> "Sure... might eat up the whole day though..." Carol stuffed her hands in her pockets as they walked back through the store, "I have no idea where to look."

<Hope> "I've got time to kill," she smiled at Carol. "Let's see what we can find. And hopefully a little trouble too. Not a lot. But a little."

<Carol> "You like trouble way too much... which I suppose is a good thing because you attract it like a professional."

<Hope> "I like a little trouble," she clarified. "A little. Not the massive amounts of crap I get." She laughed a little.

<Carol> "Well no one likes that much trouble... except the crazy people I guess. You know the ones I mean, they use that crap for sympathy." She shook her head, "People are weird."

<Hope> "They really are. I tend to avoid most people. I like my few."

<Carol> "I'm not overly keen on people, you may have noticed. Particularly of the hormonal teenager variety..."

<Hope> "So, like Chris?" Hope asked, glancing over at Carol as they walked.

<Carol> Carol laughed, "Hormonal staff are way worse."

<Hope> She wrinkled her nose at Carol. "I believe you!"

<Carol> "You better! There's so much paperwork! I avoid as much as possible and throw it at Erik but, damn!"

<Hope> "Guess that's what his job entails," she shrugged. "Lots of paperwork."

<Carol> "Yeah but he chose that job..." she wrinkled her nose, "I hate paperwork. I hate problems I can't solve by hitting something."

<Hope> "I like problems that require solving," she shrugged. "Engineering thing I guess. Puzzles."

<Carol> "I guess so," she offered a smile, spying a shop that looked promising because it smelled pungently of incence. "... I feel like I should be wearing a Hazmat suit..."

<Hope> "Probably, but they might have cool rocks." Hope shrugged and headed for it.

<Carol> "I hope so..." She followed Hope, trying to remember to breathe through her mouth only.

<Hope> "Hmmmm this is... interesting?" she grinned, looking around the 'hippy' store.

<Carol> "It's exactly the kind of place Cessily would be right at home in..."

<Hope> "Surely we can find something cool for her in here then." Hope picked up a bottle of... something, inspecting it.

<Carol> Carol nodded looking around for something that resembled a rock but also wasn't horrible to look at. Geodes were rocks, right?

<Hope> "Oooo this is pretty." Hope was distracted by clothing. A rack of brightly colored dresses caught her attention. Too bad they weren’t really her style. Still though, they were neat to look at.

<Carol> Carol glanced over at her and offered a smile then went back to the rocks. They sure did come in a lot of colours...

<Hope> It was so easy to get distracted by clothes. She jerked herself back to look over at Carol, sliding over to her to look at the rocks too. "That one kind of has a color like her."

<Carol> Carol nodded, eyes wandering over to a very orange stone. She didn't think Cess had one like that yet and it matched her hair brilliantly.

<Hope> Those dresses were pretty cool. Hope was distracted again. She could pull it off. She so could. With the right accessories? It could look great. She grabbed a yellow one.

<Carol> "You just can't help yourself, huh?" Carol laughed a little, picking up the shiny orange rock, "Huh... looks kind of like caramelised sugar..." she held it up to the light, "I like it." Out of the corner of her eye, she spied another display and went to investigate.

<Hope> "No, not really. It's yellow, come on!" She laughed, rejoining Carol.

<Carol> Carol was eyeing the jewellery now and spotted a necklace made of jade that she thought would look nice on Cessily, "What do you think?" she pointed it out.

<Hope> "Oh I like that. That is really cool!" Hope tried to flag down a worker. They needed that necklace.

<Carol> Rather than try to catch the eye of someone, Carol just whistled loudly. That worked. She pointed at the necklace and waited for the assistant to scurry over with the key for the display.

<Hope> "So I have officially found my new shopping buddy," Hope grinned at her.

<Carol> "Why? Because I'm impatient and refuse to take any crap?" Carol laughed, "The shop assistants would grow to fear me."

<Hope> "I'm ok with that. Faster service." She dug around for her credit card again. "Want Tony to buy it for you? Perk of the job?"

<Carol> Carol shook her head, "I think, with it being our first Valentine's together, that I should pay for it myself... and also get a plant for her office..." Because Cess liked plants. She went to the counter to pay for her items.

<Hope> Hope shrugged and followed Carol to pay for her own dress. "Just offering it! Since I stole you and everything."

<Carol> "It's no problem, really... you did me a favour. I needed the break," she offered Hope a smile.

<Hope> "At least you consider babysitting a break," she laughed.

<Carol> "It's a lot less of a chore now that I don't have to deal with Chris at the same time... can leave that crazy at work."

<Hope> She snickered a bit, smirking. "No, now you get Shinobi and making sure nobody photographs him."

<Carol> "That's easy, I photographer watch anyway." She finished paying for the items and accepted the bag, "... Can I borrow your phone again?"

<Hope> "I don't care if they photograph me. I look fantastic," she pulled out her phone, giving Carol a wary look. "Don't fry it..."

<Carol> "I won't, it takes time to mangle it," she assured her, quickly sending a text to one of the many numbers she'd been forced to memorise for her own sanity. "My brother is good at flowers so I'm asking him what to do about those... I kill things. Black thumbs."

<Hope> Hope laughed at that. "I don't know that I've tried anything with plants. I have a fish. Shinobi named him Flounder."

<Carol> Carol raised an eyebrow, "Why?" she stared at the phone while she waited for a reply.

<Hope> "Well... he calls me Ariel."

<Carol> That drew her attention away from the phone so she could stare blankly at Hope.

<Hope> Hope demonstrated the need for the name by flipping her hair a bit at Carol.

<Carol> Carol cocked her head on one side, still not sure what Hope was going on about until a foggy memory swam briefly into view, "Oooooh is that a Disney princess?" The phone buzzed in her hand and her attention was drawn away.

<Hope> Hope snickered a bit. "Yes. A mermaid. With brilliant red hair."

<Carol> "Oh! Now I get it... yeah she had that fish... and a crab... right?" the vague memory cleared up but they were just small flashes, random pictures with no coherance. She shook herself, "Awesome! Joe's taking care of the flowers for me. That's a load off."

<Hope> "Hooray for Joe! The crab.... was Sebastian. How hilarious and fitting is that?"

<Carol> Carol laughed, "That is uncanny." She handed the phone back, "So I guess now we can just go wherever you want to go... or get coffee... or both?"

<Hope> "Both, both is good." Hope pocketed her phone. After signing the receipt, she led the way to caffeinated goodness.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6