3/5 Instance: Faces in the Dark

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

3/5 Instance: Faces in the Dark

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Christopher: Class was over for the day, but Chris still had plenty of work. He had to grade papers, and clean his mess of a classroom. Chris collected all the tests the kids had just left on their desks and dropped them with a thud on his desk, which sent a few papers spilling off the sides. "Ugh fuck me I need to make everyone move to electronic, this paper crap is going to be the death of me."

Cessily: "And the first time you loose all results thanks to a glitch, you wish you still had them on good old bothersome paper," Cessily supplied, as she strode into the classroom and stretched her arms to help pick up the scattered sheets.

Christopher: "Hey beautiful. What brings you by my humble disaster zone?" Chris smiled when he saw his shiny best friend apear and come to his aid. "You might be right.... but all it take is one coffee spill and I'd wish the opposite."

Cessily: "Saving you some trouble, it seems," Cessily answered his question as she handed him back the stack of gathered paper. "Actually, I'm here because I wondered if you wanted to grab something to eat. It's almost lunchtime, and if we're lucky, the horde of hungry students will leave us some scraps."

Christopher: "You think we're that lucky babe?" Chris put a couple of things away before he moved to head out with her.

Cessily: "You know me, I'm always hopeful," Cessily replied and cast an amused smile sideways. "So how was your class today? I hope none of the kids are giving you trouble."

Christopher: "Don't see how you do it but yup that's you." Chris laughed. "Eh they're not bad, but most of them either love me for the light loads or are afraid of me cuz they saw me before I got changed back...." He sighed and locked the door as they left.

Cessily: Cessily bit her lip and gave Chris a long look. "Guess you can't blame them for being nervous." She sighed. "I only hope you don't let it bother you too much."

Christopher: "Nah it doesn't get to me. I've got a pretty thick skin."

Cessily: Cessily smiled at Chris. "Always the tough guy, aren't you?" She gave him a playful nudge on the arm before leading the way down the staircase. "Just don't hesitate to tell me if you feel you need a break, or someone to talk to."

Cessily: She looked over her shoulder. "I know the thickest skin can wear thin with time."

Christopher: "Well I do have to keep my appearances up. Can't have the ladies thinking I'm a wimp or anything right?" Chris gave her a playful smirk. "The kids don't bother me. They just don't know what happened and they're worried it's just part of me, Dr Jeykl, Mr. Hyde kinda thing." Though... what if I did change again. "Carol said somethin didn't she?"

Cessily: "Why do you think she did?" Cessily asked, turning his question around. "Should she have reason to feel concerned about you?"

Christopher: "Because I told her I would... and I haven't. I've been uhmm preoccupied." Chris wondered if he should tell Cess about Kat or not.

Cessily: "So I noticed." Cessily tried to lighten the mood between them with a smile. "I barely see you around anymore. And yes, I would have expected to do so more often, even if only to let me know you're all right."

Christopher: "Well you know me. I like to keep myself busy." Chris left out the part of who he was keeping himself busy with. "Yeah... was supposed to tell you my memory is coming back. And," he swallowed hard, "it's not very pretty."

Cessily: Cessily stopped and turned to Chris. "Then why didn't you?" she demanded to know, her voice more shocked than stern. "I feared this moment would come, which is exactly why I didn't want you to go alone through this."

Christopher: "Was worried they'd haul me off. Didn't want to scare Hope. Take your pick. Then she was out of the picture so I went to Carol." Chris leaned up against the wall. "Plus tough guy right?" He gave a weak smile knowing he was in trouble with her now.

Cessily: After fixing him with a stern look for as long as she could, Cessily let out a sigh and shook her head. "I really thought you would be smarter." She felt her anger dissipate quickly. "Do you really think you can just tough this out by beating something with your hammer in your mancave?"

Christopher: "At first, yeah. Didn't want to talk about it.... It's my fault those people are dead. No way around it, cuz when it comes down to it I still chose to take the drugs." Chris rubbed his eyes. "It's gotten worse though, haven't been sleeping much. That's why I went to Carol. Figured I couldn't keep putting it off."

Cessily: Cessily stopped him again, this time to put a hand on his arm. "It was not your fault," she insisted. "Even if you took them, you could never have known what would happen. Yes, you choose to take them, and yes, that was a mistake, but you did not choose to kill these people."

Christopher: "No... but it all still feels like my fault, and no matter how hard I try I can't stop myself." Chris fidgeted with his hands a little. "The town they caught me in wasn't even the only one.... Cess I can see all their faces."

Cessily: Whatever anger she had felt because of his stubbornness vanished the moment she saw the look in his eyes, replaced by heartfelt sympathy. Without a work, she closed the distance between them and gave him a hug. "I'm so sorry, Chris," she said.

Christopher: "Thanks Cess." He returned the hug and lingered for a moment, not wanting to let go. "It's only been a little while since the memories have been coming back. It's been hard to sleep. I've been managing though Cess don't worry too much." Chris gave her a well practiced smile that he kind of expected her to see through.

Cessily: Cessily returned the smile, even though her expression remained unconvinced. "What you're telling me doesn't sound like you do," she replied. "Do you still believe you can toughen this out all on your own?"

Christopher: "Truth? Not really. But you know me, I'm the dumbass that buries it till you force me to talk." Chris ran his fingers through his hair slowly, trying to steady himself from shaking. "It's hard, with Hope up and leaving me and how that all went down I just don't want to talk to anyone bout my problems. Right now I'm just trying to get my life in order before I need a straight jacket wardrobe."

Cessily: "I can't force you to talk, and I wouldn't try to, either," Cessily assured him. "But this doesn't mean you have to do this all by yourself, either. You're surrounded by people who want to help you." Her face became soft, her look almost pleading. "All you have to do is let them."

Cessily: She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "At least let me talk to McCoy about some meds, or at least something to help you sleep at night."

Christopher: "Don't think that'll help. Healing will prolly kick it out. Will it make you worry less if I start talking to you?" Chris didn't really want to tell his best friend all of the horrible things he did but it was her job to listen and he knew she would worry.

Cessily: Cessily responded with an encouraging smile. "I would worry a lot less, yes," she said with a slight nod. "But for the most part, I think it would really do you some good." She took his hands in hers. "Promise you'll at least consider to stop by my office? Or any other place you feel comfortable at."

Christopher: "Better make appointments so our gals don't get jealous and think we're up to something." Chris teased her but quickly realized what he said. "I mean uhmm just Carol yeah.... I'm busted aren't I?"

Cessily: A smirk curled the corner of Cessily's mouth. "I wouldn't know what for, but it sounds like we've got more to talk about than just your nightmares," she said, and gave Chris a light nudge in the side.

Christopher: "I have no idea what you're talking about." Chris nudged her back. "Plus it's a secret, and I'm not sure you'll approve."

Cessily: "Ooh, I see." Cessily raised an eyebrow, the smirk still playing across her silver lips. "Well, keep your secret then. Until you feel comfortable to share it, of course. Maybe when you finally decide to stop by my office for a confidential chat."

Christopher: "How bout we take lunch there? I'm clear the rest of the evening. And it's a better option than grading that stack of papers." Chris started them back off towards the kitchen to get some food.

Cessily: "Sounds like a plan," Cessily replied, and put a hand on his shoulder as she gave him an honest smile. She was happy he seemed to be making an effort to open up. That was a good start at least.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen