2/24 Instance: Monkey Green with Envy

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

2/24 Instance: Monkey Green with Envy

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a few days after the blizzard stuff

<Hope> With a the formal event at the Hellfire Club coming up, Hope had ordered an Oscar de la Renta gown made just for the night. Once the roads were cleared up enough, Luke arrived. Peter Copping had taken over the company, and Luke was his right hand man. Hope felt she was in good hands. Good, cute hands at that.

<Hope> She set them up in one of the open areas, since he brought a ton of mirrors with him. He had her slip into the base of the dress, which was a beautiful shade of green, and Luke helped her step onto a block. He circled her, scrutinizing her every curve.

<Hope> Usually bored with fancy affairs, Hope was not today. She looked into the mirrors and looked where he looked. "Right here... what can we do here?" She directed him to a spot just above her hip, at her waist, that didn't fall quite right.

<Luke> He leaned in, touching that area as he manipulated the material. "I can bring it in a bit. I need to remeasure you. A lot of this is too loose."

<Shinobi> He knew her appointment was today, and it was a bit amusing that the tailor was coming to her, but such were the perks of being first daughter, he supposed. Shinobi decided to make himself scarce during the set up of this miniature studio, but curiosity won out when he heard voices finally at work.

<Shinobi> When he came around a mirror, he had to remind himself to breathe. She stood on a short dias, with the winter sunlight pouring through the windows and turning her hair to fire. The green dress she was wearing was clearly unfinished, but it hugged her in all the right spots.

<Shinobi> Unfortunately, it was doing so because there was a man pinching the material together, his hands nearly on Hope's hips.

<Hope> Completely distracted, Hope ran her hands over the dress. "Yeah... I guess I maybe lost a little weight. New training routine."

<Luke> "Well whatever you're doing, it seems to be working for you." He carefully laid the fabric, pinning it in place so he could get a better visual of the fit when altered.

<Shinobi> Suspicious, he made sure to make a bit of noise and move into Hope's line of sight. On second thought, he dispensed with that and maneuvered around the mirrors to them.

<Shinobi> "Hey, Hope." He grinned and moved around to face her, his hand moving to the hip the blonde jackass was eying. Leaning in, he gave her a greeting kiss.

<Hope> "Hey--ow!" She went to kiss him back, then yelped as she was poked by that pin Luke had been so carefuly putting in place.

<Luke> Luke just gave them a look. "She does have to be still for this. My apologies, Miss Stark."

<Shinobi> "Are you okay?" He frowned, concerned for her, but turned it on blondie quickly. "Well," he said, tone cool, "I suppose accidents happen."

<Hope> "Yeah, I'm fine." She gave him a proper kiss. "Surprised me more than anything." She smoothed her hands over the fabric again. "What do you think? It's not finished yet."

<Luke> Amused, Luke just smiled. "Naturally. Accidents happen."

<Shinobi> He took a step back, ignoring the man, and gave Hope a thorough and appreciative inspection. "You make it look good," he said, trying to figure out what that color was so he could find something similar in a tie or pocket square. If they were going for a prom feel, he may as well go all out.

<Hope> Hope smirked. "I make everything look good. Luke, what can we do here? I don't like this." She asked, looking at how the straps fell and using her fingers to show Luke what she was talking about.

<Luke> His hands moved to the straps, running along the entire strap. "What if we moved it more here?" He asked, using two fingers to trace the new path of the strap over her shoulder.

<Shinobi> "That you do," he agreed, watching the movement of her fingers, which was mesmerizing, until Luke butted in. His eyebrow twitched and he stepped back to cross his arms and watch.

<Hope> "Yes! Yes, definitely that." Hope grinned, happy with the future alteration. She moved a bit, spinning and twisting carefully. "Are you or Peter going to do most of it?" she questioned.

<Luke> Luke went to get his measuring tape and his notebook. "Peter designed it, I'll be putting most of it together. He's sorry he couldn't make it."

<Shinobi> Who was Peter? Clearly, womens clothing was far more complex than menswear. Hope's movements distracted him nicely from this, however.

<Hope> "I'll need another one for April. White tie at the White House. Which sounds so redundant." She smiled down at the dress, glancing over to Shinobi afterward.

<Luke> He laughed and moved to her, taking her arm and beginning to measure it. "I'll tell him when I make it back. Another green?"

<Shinobi> A muscle in his jaw ticced. Needless to say, he would not be attending that event with her. After her talks with her father he was surprised she was still here. Sobered by the thought, he met her eyes, his answering smile a bit tight.

<Hope> "Black." She decided, sighing a bit. I'll work on Tony. Just give it some time. He's like me... you can't push him into anything. She and Tony had fought every day since the blizzard had ended. Some were by call and the others by text. None of them had ended well.

<Shinobi> I believe you. He hoped he did, at any rate, and worked up a better smile. It was exhausting that each day with her could be their last, so he tried not to think about it too much, while at the same time filing the memories away.

<Luke> Luke nodded and moved to measure around her bust. "Black it is."

<Hope> Hope straightened up, holding still so she could be measured. Apparently I lost some weight. Must be the new rush from more powers.

<Shinobi> And the moment ended, his eyes narrowing and dropping to the measuring tape. That's probably why Jess nags you then. He realized he hadn't really known her long enough to notice. Should I nag you too? I don't want you to get sick.

<Hope> Now that we can actually leave, I'm much more inclined to eat. Also order take out. But not from Chen's Garden. They use peanut oil. Chinese sounds amazing by the way. She couldn't help but smile. With some planning and work, she could actually go on actual dates with him.

<Luke> Luke recorded her bust and moved to her waist.

<Shinobi> I'm good with Chinese. He smirked. David might appreciate it as well. The man was moving downward now, and he watched closely, and this time didn't bother to hide his slight frown.

<Hope> I think he wants someone to throw a peanut at me so he has something to do, she joked, smiling at him. Are you alright? David isn't that bad. She looked down as Luke moved to her hips.

<Shinobi> He looked down as well. I'm fine. The man certainly was taking his time with the measurements, smoothing down the tape, double-checking, and though he knew this was all a standard part of a fitting, it seemed he was being rather... thorough.

<Hope> So grab some lunch after this? Shouldn't be too much longer. She looked Shinobi over since he wasn't looking at her. She blinked a bit. In the context of all the weight she had just lost, she realized he had gained a bit since the baby shower all those months ago. It wasn't fat he had gained either. She smirked. Muscle. And it looked damn good on him too.

<Shinobi> Perhaps his original assessment that a man in this business had to be gay was entirely wrong. Shinobi's eyes narrowed when Luke's hand skimmed over her thigh.

<Luke> Luke did indeed let his fingers 'slip' whenever he could. "There. I think that should do it. Let's get you out of this so I can get to work on it." He offered her his hand to help her down.

<Hope> Hope took the help, stepping down and moving toward the other room to change. "Thank you, Luke. It's going to look amazing, as always.”

<Shinobi> He wasn't in time to assist her himself, and so watched her walk away, until he realized the other man was doing the same. Shinobi stepped in front of Luke, clearing his throat and staring down his nose at the blonde.

<Luke> Luke straightened himself up, smirking. "You must be the boyfriend."

<Shinobi> "Bright one, aren't you?" Shinobi bared his teeth in a wolfish smile.

<Luke> Luke just continued to smirk, moving around him to start packing up his things. "Would you like me to fit you as well?"

<Shinobi> "Ah, so you're as interested in my inseam as hers? That explains it." He idly watched the man, but was more interested in Hope, and checked to see if she was finished.

<Luke> "No but I thought a gown would look lovely with your eyes." He smiled and snapped his book closed.

<Shinobi> More amused by this than anything else, he raised an eyebrow at the man and then turned away, dismissing him. Damn, he'd forgotten to sneak a pic of that dress to get the color.

<Luke> Luke just smirked, gathering up his things. He set them down and headed toward the other room. "I should see if she needs help."

<Shinobi> "I think she's got it." At least the advantage of long legs put him in the other man's path within two steps.

<Luke> "Part of that gown is pinned in place. Unless, of course, you don't mind waiting for me to refit her." He smiled warmly.

<Shinobi> Do you need help? He crossed his arms again and returned the smile with a faint smirk.

<Hope> I might be stuck... but I think.... Oh I got it! How did you know? She asked, finally slipping out of the dress.

<Shinobi> Intuition. "I believe she's done now." He moved to the doorway and leaned on the frame, knocking lightly. "I'll give it to your... dressmaker's assistant, Hope."

<Luke> Scowling a bit, Luke waited impatiently for the dress. He usually got a quick peek helping her undress.

<Hope> Hope carefully opened the door to pass the dress to Shinobi.

<Shinobi> Shinobi paused in his smug assessment of Luke to take the material, carefully, and took a moment to check out the color, as well as the feel of it. She would be gorgeous in this, once it was finished, and there shouldn't be any additional fittings as far as he was concerned.

<Shinobi> He made sure the door was closed and went to the man to hand off the dress with a cluck of his tongue. "Better get to work, yeah?"

<Hope> Trying to hurry, Hope quickly got dressed again.

<Luke> Smirking, he smiled pleasantly. "After I check with my client of course."

<Shinobi> "Of course." He returned the smile just as blandly, making it obvious he wasn't moving from the door.

<Luke> Smiling, he just waited.

<Hope> Hope eventually opened the door, giving the two of them a look when she noticed Shinobi blocking her exit.

<Shinobi> He turned and grinned at her. "There you are," he said, and held out his hand to her.

<Hope> His grin was contagious. She smiled back at him and took the offered hand. "Are we all done then, Luke? Chinese food is calling my name."

<Luke> Defeated, he smiled. "Yes ma'am. I'll get this back to you before you leave for New York."

<Hope> "Thank you Luke." She smiled at him, before turning back to Shinobi.

<Shinobi> The blonde forgotten, Shinobi dragged her closer by her hand and gave her another greeting kiss. "Lunch sounds good."

<Hope> Smiling growing, Hope wrapped her arms around his neck as she kissed him back. "Sounds amazing. I sent a message to David, so we should be good to go."

<Shinobi> "I'm ready when you are." He cupped her face with one hand, stroking her cheek and her hair at once. Watching her face, he remembered something. "Say... what is the name of that color? Your dress?"

<Hope> "Green... some kind of green. Monkey green? That can't be right." She thought for a moment, distracted by his hand's gentle touch. "Jungle! Jungle green." She stepped up closer, leaning up to kiss him again as Luke left.

<Shinobi> Shinobi filed that away, more interested in enjoying the kiss as he threaded his fingers through her hair. When they parted, he grinned. "So, jungle green. That may be my new favorite color."

<Hope> She giggled just a little, rubbing her nose against his. "It's not very Valentine's... but I'm glad you like the color."

<Shinobi> "It suits you, Ariel." He laughed a little at the nose brush.

<Hope> "I did ask for something aquatic," she admitted, taking his arm as she headed for the door.