2/24 Instance: My Two Dads

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

2/24 Instance: My Two Dads

Post by Slarti »

Timelined immediately after Failcake

<Shaw> The tank as Jessica liked to call it, was truly something of a nightmare to park on the street. I'll just be a moment, he warned Jess.

<Shaw> Sebastian glared at the empty building behind their home, barely in view at this angle. Once the weather broke, the contractor would get to work on the garage conversion. It couldn't come too soon.

<Shaw> After snarling his way past Tony's security detail, he stepped inside and immediately started up the stairs to the living room.

<Hope> Hope had made herself comfortable in her former spot on the couch, buried under several blankets. She stared into the fire when she wasn't staring at her hand. This was a mess and Tony was an ass. Maybe Sebastian could fix it.

<Jessica> Jess sat with Hope and Shinobi, a cup of tea (long since cold) held between her hands. Every so often the crockery would creak in protest as her grip tightened with the ebb and flow of her temper.

<Shinobi> The engine noise from an obviously large vehicle outside had given him a true moment of distress, but with Hope still in his arms it was easier to calm down. It was just his father. The irony that this was a relief was not lost on him.

<Bobby> Bobby had the sense to know he didn't want to be anywhere near the family meltdown going on in the Stark-Shaw clan here, so he was sticking with the tiniest Shaw. He was drawing the line at breastfeeding, however.

<Shaw> Sebastian paused for just a moment at the nursery level, hearing Drake babbling to Miriam, then went on. At the top of the stairs, he stopped. "Where is he?" Taking off his coat, he tossed it onto a chair and then stripped off his suit jacket as well.

<Hope> Hope startled at Sebastian, but brightened when she saw him. "Dad!"

<Jessica> "He's in your workroom," Jess didn't look round but she did relax a little bit for his presence.

<Shaw> "Hello, little Stark." He smiled and went over to her, pausing to give Jessica a greeting and a kiss on his way to Hope and Shinobi. "Let me see," he said, holding out his hand for hers.

<Hope> Nervously, Hope pulled out her hand from behind Shinobi and held it out to Sebastian. It had eased some, but was still red and splotchy from the exposure.

<Jessica> Jess offered Shinobi a reassuring smile, setting her cold tea down finally.

<Shinobi> He noticed her smile when she moved and he returned it, a little tentatively.

<Shaw> "At least it was no worse than that." Sebastian gently inspected her hand, turning it over, and looked at Shinobi. "Thanks to you." He bent and pressed a careful kiss to her knuckles, then returned her hand to their blanket-covered laps.

<Hope> That made Hope smile, snuggling into Shinobi again. "Without him, I'd be in the hospital." Or dead.

<Jessica> "Tony didn't appreciate how pissed at him we all were. So he's sulking."

<Hope> "And Jess took his alcohol, so he took mine." Not that she even really used it that much since... when? When had she stopped? "And that's fine because we all prefer he not be going through withdrawals right now."

<Shaw> "Yes, I'll deal with him in a moment," he growled. Straightening up, Sebastian loosened his tie and unbuttoned his cuffs to roll up his sleeves. Love, you said he made threats? "Then there's even odds that by the time I get to him he may have taken care of himself."

<Jessica> He made threats against Shinobi's freedom. He's hiding it but he's shaken... and I'll be damned if I'm letting him follow through on those without a fight. Her eyes tracked up to meet his.

<Shaw> He nodded and gave Jess a surge of reassurance, holding her gaze.

<Shinobi> They're doing that... thing. Shinobi shifted uncomfortably, glancing at the side of Hope's face.

<Hope> This thing? She asked, smiling at him and turning so she could nuzzle his cheek.

<Shinobi> Yeah, this thing. He leaned his head towards her, still watching the others.

<Hope> Hope slid both arms around him again, nestling into him. It's going to be okay. What possible argument could Tony have now?

<Jessica> Make him see sense? Jess reached for Sebastian's hand.

<Shaw> He took her hand and brought it to his mouth, brushing his lips over her knuckles and then turning it to kiss her palm. And barring that, I might perforate his much-abused liver.

<Shinobi> Well, he did call me a terrorist... and he's right, technically. He closed his eyes against Sebastian's display.

<Tony> Except you aren't. Hope slid closer to Shinobi. Not anymore. You've moved on.

<Jessica> Let me do that if it comes to it. No sense you ruining a decade of friendship. She smiled, touching his cheek with her fingertips.

<Shinobi> I've tried... He hoped that counted for something.

<Shaw> No worries. Handling Starks is a specialty. He leaned in and gave her another kiss, then winked before he straightened up and moved back to the couple on the sofa. "He won't be taking you anywhere," he assured the boy, clapping a hand to his shoulder and giving it a squeeze. "Don't worry."

<Shinobi> He jumped slightly at the unexpected contact, looking up. "Thanks..."

<Jessica> Jess gave Shinobi another smile. It'd be okay.

<Hope> Hope gave Shinobi's cheek a happy kiss. See?!

<Shaw> Sebastian held his faux son's eyes for a moment longer and then headed for the stairs.

<Tony> With his daughter's alcohol acquired, Tony had retreated to Sebastian's workroom, where he had seated himself at the computer.... and was playing solitaire. He swirled the amber liquid and took a sip.

<Shaw> He had the entire climb to build his annoyance, and by the time Sebastian reached the workroom door he was very close to muttering to himself. So, when he went inside, he just crossed his arms and stared. "My, haven't you had a busy day?"

<Tony> "You're kidding right? This is like a vacation. I've sat up here for over 30 minutes and nobody had bothered me."

<Shaw> "No, but you've bothered nearly everyone in my household. Shall I get the baby up here and see what you can do to her?"

<Tony> "Never one to pass up a challenge, let's see how quickly I can make her cry." He took another sip, watching his friend. "As for you, Sebastian, you are the reason I am even here."

<Shaw> "Aww," he sneered, stalking over to the bottle on his deck and picking it up to take a sniff. "I'm so touched you came while I was at work to poison your own daughter."

<Tony> "If she didn't want butterfinger cupcakes, she shouldn't have named the robot Butterfingers. And that's her's. Your lovely wife was so gracious to enforce the repealed 21st amendment. Welcome to Stark Speakeasy." He took another sip of his drink.

<Shaw> "You do realize butterfingers is more than a candy bar, yes? The phrase rather predates the confection." He put the bottle down and went to his own cabinet, dismissing Sharky with a low whistle. "Go see your mum."

<Tony> "That thing... is weird," he informed Sebastian as he watched Sharky leave. "Of course I realize it is more than a candy bar." But he associated it with her. He took another drink. "You had one job, Shaw. One."

<Shaw> "I believe I like him more than a flesh and blood dog. Also, he sheds less." He poured himself a drink, and kept the bottle, taking both back over to his work bench, and then located a tall stool to roll over. "Keeping your daughter safe? Yes, and clearly I'm doing it better than you."

<Tony> "My mistake lands her in the hospital. Your mistake throws her life down the drain," Tony pointed out, lowering his voice. "He's not even real, Sebastian."

<Shaw> "Oh, he's quite real." Sebastian knocked back a healthy portion of his glass. “And you're being dramatic.”

<Tony> Tony snorted. "A real weapon, perhaps. What happens when he chokes you in your sleep? Or her? Or your wife? What then?"

<Shaw> "Do you think I would let him live here if I believed he was at all dangerous any longer?" He shook his head. "Must I remind you that Hope was used in a very similar way? And that he's no more responsible for his behavior than she was?"

<Tony> "He's a science experiment, Shaw. Come on." He kept his voice low, but he was growing frustrated. "She is my entire family. I'm leaving everything to her. I'm not having her throw away her future on a known terrorist who should probably still be in a cell."

<Shaw> Sebastian checked to ensure everyone was still downstairs, his mind brushing Jess' for just a moment. "He was but he is also part of my family. The boy can't help how he was made. And you know I care for Hope as if she were my own. I was not pleased about this either. She knows - she knows the potential risks, but they aren't to her safety."

<Tony> "Fact is, she isn't your kid. She's mine. And if I had known you'd let this happen, I never would have let her stay here."

<Shaw> Sebastian cocked his head and poured himself a refill, then topped off Tony's glass as well. "The fact is," he repeated, smirking, "she's an adult, so she can stay wherever she wishes. And you know it."

<Tony> "Fact remains... this is a terrible idea." He sipped the drink again. "But she pointed out several things in her tirade earlier. I swear, she's just like Pepper." He had to drink more at that.

<Shaw> Sebastian studied his old friend's face, surprised at the admission. "Is she?"

<Tony> "She was a redhead too. Short temper. Great in bed," he smirked at the memories, then got very serious again. "I told her no. Her response was to run away and hide. Hope didn't say it, may not have thought of it yet, but she might do the same thing with that... kid."

<Shaw> He smirked at the succinct assessment of his daughter's mother. "That's... a valid concern. She's often ran away from situations... the school, Storm's death..." Pausing, he took a sip. "He has a name."

<Tony> "I should just call him 2.0. It's more accurate." He took another sip. "Storm was an idiot. Nord still is an idiot, plus a PR nightmare. I can't wait for this story to break. 'Man who almost killed president, now boning president's daughter.'"

<Shaw> His eyebrow twitched in amusement. "Well, 2.0 is a credit to the name in that he's quite bright." Sebastian paused to take a long drink to make Tony wait. "He's going to sit in on some courses at MIT this spring, and enroll in the summer." Now that the transcript problem had been taken care of with a few carefully placed calls.

<Tony> "Now he's contaminating my school too?" Tony made a face and took a long drink. "Before I agree to this horrible idea, he needs to answer some questions."

<Shaw> "No, he's following in my family tradition." He cocked his head at this idea. "Questions?"

<Tony> "Yes. Bring him in. If he survives, he may proceed with his courtship." Tony took another drink. "If not, then bye bye birdie."

<Shaw> Sebastian ran his tongue over his teeth. "You are not holding court in my workroom, mister president."

<Tony> "I can have him hauled back to D.C. if you prefer." He took another sip.

<Shaw> "You will not take him," he said flatly, giving his friend a cold stare.

<Tony> "So it's settled. We'll have a nice chat here."

<Shaw> "What farce is this?" He shook his head, sitting back in the chair to give Tony a once-over.

<Tony> "There is no farce. In about 16 years, you'll get it. When Miriam is dating. You'll get it."

<Shaw> "No," he said, drawing out the word. "I can't say I recall you showing this level of interest in her other paramours." Sebastian leaned back in close. "Tony, you'd best be careful, or just as you said, you'll drive her away."

<Tony> "And straight into your waiting arms," Tony told him, locking eye contact.

<Shaw> "I've caused her tears as well." Sebastian wasn't looking away, and the corner of his mouth twitched up. "But mostly, yes, I've been here to help her dry them. Did you know she's practically quit drinking?"

<Tony> "Clearly this is a toxic environment." Had she not complained about not being able to drink a few weeks ago?

<Shaw> Sebastian rolled his eyes.

<Tony> "I'm not okay with this. At all." He took another sip. "Though 2.0 does seem to have every ounce of your personality. I asked him what kind of future she could hope to have? He pointed out he was a Shaw."

<Shaw> "As he should." That earned a grin, and perhaps he should congratulate Shinobi later. "He is a Shaw."

<Tony> "Then let me make myself perfectly clear. If anything happens to my child, because of your... 2.0? He's gone." Tony finished his drink and got to his feet. "I feel that's more than fair."

<Shaw> "I feel you need to specify anything, because I believe right now you'd happily take a splinter in her pinkie finger as just cause." Sebastian took his time, swirling the scotch in his glass.

<Tony> Tony laughed a little, leaning back against the wall. "I might. I mean a legitimate threat to her life or her death."

<Shaw> He took a sip. "So if he say, served her peanuts..." Expression bland, he looked at him over the rim of the glass, more irritated than he was willing to show.

<Tony> "I'll have a hot blonde waterboard me tonight as my punishment."

<Shaw> "You're insufferable." He finished his drink and stood, brushing past him into the library and toward the stairs.

<Tony> "I'm told that's my greatest quality!" He whined after Sebastian, following him.