2/24 Instance: Sleeping Through Class

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

2/24 Instance: Sleeping Through Class

Post by Svartfreja »

Current timeline.

<Carol> It had been a very very long night. Carol had spent the entirety of it in her trailer office and passed out on her desk sometime around 5am. She had subsequently missed two conference calls, breakfast with Cessily and her first class of the day.

<Cessily> Cessily knocked on the door for the fourth or fifth time, still not sure if Carol heard her. All she was sure of was that she had to be in there. Cessily was running out of places to look. "Carol?"

<Carol> The voice succeeded where the knock had not and Carol sat up rather quickly. Then groaned, held a hand to her head and flopped back down onto her desk. Ooowwww....

<Cessily> "Are you there?" Cessily decided to poke her finger through the keyhole and take a peek inside. "Are you alive?"

<Carol> "Get back to me on that one..." She rubbed her face with her hands and pressed the heels of her palms against her eyes.

<Cessily> "So, barely then." Cessily replied, and opened the door to step inside, wearing a smile. "Good enough for me."

<Carol> "What time is it...?" She was almost afraid to ask as she massaged the front of her head with her fingertips.

<Cessily> "Uhm..." Cessily checked her watch. "Almost time for lunch." She looked back up at Carol. "I bet your stomach must be telling you that, too."

<Carol> Currently her stomach was telling her to never ever drink again.. and then her brain caught up. "Fuck!"

<Cessily> "Not what your students said when no one turned up for class this morning," Cessily said with comforting smile. "Coffee?"

<Carol> "Yeah... I need it..." she scrubbed her face with her hands then felt on her wrist to get the cuff on it and hit the release.

<Cessily> "A cold shower might help, too," she suggested, stepping to the coffee maker in the corner. She looked up and chuckled. "Or I could get the fire hose if you think it'll take a little more this time."

<Carol> She found the button and popped the cuff off, sighing with relief, "I'm good, instant cure... near enough." She was still dehydrated and in need of caffeine but Cessily had that covered. She took the coffee and drained half the cup in one go. "Have I mentioned that I love you?"

<Cessily> "Many times," Cessily replied, turning her head to smile. "Though it's nice to hear it while you're sober, too." Her gaze drifted down to the discarded cuff. "Do you think that's a good idea?"

<Carol> "It was last night," She propped her head on a hand, resting her elbow on the desk.

<Cessily> "If you say so." Cessily smiled, even though she looked unconvinced, and leaned down to press a kiss to Carol's forehead. "I love you, too." She took the empty cup. "Another?"

<Carol> "Please..." she pulled the remaining pins out of her hair that had some how survived her snooze on her desk and finger combed it a few times. "I guess I should take a shower too..."

<Cessily> "If you want to keep the gossip down, that might be a good idea before your next class." Cessily refilled the coffee maker. "Please tell me you at least didn't get into any fights last night."

<Carol> "Only with the paperwork... but that doesn't count... well..." she eyed the shredder which had suffered an onslaught and was jammed. "I'll fix that later."

<Cessily> "That must have been some particularly unruly piece of paperwork." Cessily chuckled, while the machine behind her sputtered fresh coffee into the cup. "But you showed it."

<Carol> "I wanted it all gone at once... but that thing can only manage about five sheets at a time and I think I forgot to take all the staples out...."

<Cessily> "You could have simply asked me for help," she said, returning with a fresh cup of coffee in hand. "You know I make an excellent shredder if needed."

<Carol> "I figured you'd be asleep... this was about two in the morning..." she accepted the coffee with a smile, "I didn't want to disturb you..."

<Cessily> "To watch your fight with the paper shredder? Nothing could have kept me away from that." She sat on the edge of Carol's desk. Her attention returned to the cuff. "Simply to make sure you don't forget you're not invincible when wearing one of these."

<Carol> "I know I'm not... I remember that when I hit stuff and it doesn't break into a million pieces."

<Cessily> "That's good," Cessily said, and stepped behind Carol to wrap her arms around her. "Just be careful around stuff that could hit back. Like an oncoming truck." She pressed a kiss to her cheek.

<Carol> Carol laughed a little, leaning back into her and turning her head to return the kiss, "I have yet to pick a fight with a truck."

<Cessily> "I know you," Cessily replied, unable to hide her grin. "Don't tell me it's not just a question of time." She chuckled and let herself sink on Carol's lap. "Yes, you need a shower. And a lot of mints."

<Carol> Carol wrapped her arms around Cessily and held her close, nosing her hair, "I'm sorry I didn't come back last night... work got the better of me."

<Cessily> "It's okay, I don't blame you." She smiled at her girlfriend, before casting an angry glare at the real perpetrator, the mangled mess of paperwork that still refused to die. "I just want you to know there are other, maybe better ways to deal with these things." She gave the shredder a gentle kick.

<Carol> "An incinerator?" Carol assumed she was talking about the failed shredder, "I think there's one of those in the basement from when this place was a hospital..."

<Cessily> Cessily put on a thoughtful face, as if to consider the option. "I was thinking more of asking someone to help you, but I like your idea, too. Just promise me not to put on that thing and get drunk before handling any fires, okay?"

<Carol> "It'd be way more fun drunk," she replied with a small grin, nuzzling the side of Cess' head, "I tried getting someone to help me but now he's training for other stuff..."

<Cessily> "Well, that's what I'm for, no?" Cess replied, shifting on Carol's lap to face the other woman and return her grin. "And I just happen to be fireproof to boot."

<Carol> "And you have classes and other stuff to do... I don't like dumping all of this on you..."

<Cessily> "Don't feel like that. I want to help. That's what I signed up for." She smiled, putting her arms around Carol's shoulders. "And if you really have doubts about asking for my help, just think of my grandparents and that I made you spend an extended weekend with them."

<Carol> "I know... but I'd have to get you security clearance probably... or risk us both getting into trouble..." and she didn't want to get Cess in trouble.

<Cessily> "Ooh, does that mean I'm getting a badge?" Cess put on an excited grin. "Or one of those stylish ear-pieces the men in black always wear?"

<Carol> Carol laughed, "Maybe I could get you both." She cuddled Cess a little more.

<Cessily> "Yay!" Cessily laughed and squeezed Carol tight. "But first, we'll get you a shower."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6