2/24 Instance: Warm Hugs

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

2/24 Instance: Warm Hugs

Post by Slarti »

Timeline - After Blizzard

<Paige> The blizzard had finally dissipated. With Bobby back to work, and Paige's shift not starting until the next day, Paige took the opportunity to bundle Ripley up and take her out into the snow for some play time. Paige was currently working on making the body of a snowman while Ripley clapped and sang, "Do you want to build a snowmaaaan!"

<Christopher> Chris started off through the snow from his classroom on his way to find Bobby, assuming he'd be in his room. On his way there, he found a better option though. Paige was out in the snow with Bobby's little one. He stared for a minute, trying to decide whether he should go or not. Well... she can't kill me, so man up I guess. "Hey Paige." He gave her a wave.

<Paige> Glancing up at her name, Paige gave Chris a bright smile. "Hey Chris! Ripley, say, 'Hi Chris!'" The two year old grinned and parroted Paige's words, "Hi Chris!"

<Christopher> "It involves doing dastardly things to her daddy." His head cocked a little at the name. "Olaf? When did we become Swedish?"

<Paige> "Why on earth would you want to do that to Bobby?" Paige asked, glancing over at Ripley to smile at her. "Now he needs a tummy tum! Have you not seen Frozen?" she questioned Chris, amazed. "I thought everyone had seen this movie by now."

<Christopher> "I've seen frozen things and things becoming frozen, but I haven't seen a movie by that name." Chris held up the power neutralizer for Paige. "He thought this and drinking was a good idea..."

<Paige> "I would love to point out that nobody forced the beverage into your system," Paige pointed out with a smile. "You should watch it! It's so cute!"

<Christopher> "You sure about that?" He laughed a little. "I just wish he'd taken it off before he deposited me in my humble abode. And that I hadn't woken up to a yelling woman and bright light while dealing with my first hangover ever." Chris decided to at least be of some use, while he attempted to avoid the two year old, and attempted to help build Olaf.

<Paige> "A yelling woman? I thought Hope hadn't been around for a while now." She kept glancing at Ripley, making sure she was fine. "Almost time to decorate him," she promised, making the child clap.

<Christopher> "Yeah... it wouldn't have ended well if it had been Hope." Chris was now pulled away from his anger at Bobby for the torture he caused him, to his hate for his ex-girlfriend. "By the way, if you see me with her, please by any means necessary, find a way to drag me away from the area."

<Paige> "If I see you with Hope? I'm supposed to drag you away from her?" She questioned, trying to clarify what he was asking of her. "Are you in any danger of being with her?" She let him help hoist the torso onto Olaf.

<Christopher> "Not if I can help it. Stuck up...." He caught himself before he cussed in front of the little one, even though he was more than willing to pay out the quarter for it. "I won't get into it with virgin ears present, but I'm done with that chapter in my life, for the most part." The memories of what he'd done when he was kidnapped and what had been done to him were still tearing away at him.
<Paige> "Sounds like that is probably for the best. Sometimes we're with people because it's comfortable, but it's not really who we should be with." Paige gave him a reassuring smile and squeezed his arm. "If it wasn't her... who was yelling at you then?"

<Christopher> "Am I allowed to plead the fifth?" Chris chewed his lip knowing that he'd said too much.

<Paige> "You never have to share anything, Chris. This isn't an interrogation. This is friends talking," she told him gently.

<Christopher> "Damn.... you're a lot nicer than my other friends then. I was expecting to be grilled for information."

<Paige> "Chris!" She hissed. "Fifty cents, young man! We don't say words like that. No we don't." She looked at Ripley, who was thankfully, oblivious.

<Christopher> "Ooops sorry!" He dug through his jacket to give her two quarters. "Yup, we don't say those bad words. Good thing you're a good teacher, or I'd be a horrible potty mouth."

<Paige> Taking the quarters, Paige slid them into her coat pocket. "Just... try to watch it, please. I can't be the woman who has the kid who cusses at day care."

<Christopher> "Yeah.... that would probably be my child if I ever have any. Not that I really want to. My life's been... yeah" He almost cussed again. "Don't want to subject a child to my horrible luck."

<Paige> "I can understand that. I was always devastated that I hadn't had kids, but now? I'm kind of glad. I have her." She smiled over at Ripley again, working on getting the head of Olaf onto the body. "Yay! We have a snowman!"

<Christopher> "All snowy and manly? Yeah, I'm not a kid person..." He stared at Ripley. "Which makes my current profession a little oxymoronic, though at least they're not kids." Chris cringed a little thinking about the fact that he was dating a student now.

<Paige> "Nooo, his name is Olaf and he likes warm hugs." Paige laughed as Ripley demonstrated this by hugging Olaf. "They may be students, but they are adults," Paige argued.

<Christopher> "Even though some of them act like children." Chris laughed a little at Ripley hugging the snowman. "So the girl yelling at me might be my new girlfriend. And that might been after she got into a fight with Hope." Now was as good as a time as any with the child near so there wouldn't be yelling.

<Paige> Remaining very calm, Paige glanced at Chris again. "Oh? That's wonderful news that you have a new girlfriend! Who is she?"

<Christopher> "Katherine Pryde." This time Chris expected at least some sort of lecture.

<Paige> It took her several moments before Paige was able to put a face with the name in her mind. "Oh so another student?"

<Christopher> "Well.... I don't have much choice with teachers, unless I want to start dating men." Chris started to make a second snowman.

<Paige> Giggling, Paige grinned. "Yeah, you're kind of out of luck there. I got lucky. Very lucky." Paige scooped up Ripley, handing her the carrot so they could put it in the snowman's face for a nose. "So... by fight... you mean they yelled at each other right?"

<Christopher> "You don't want to know...." Chris ran his hands through his hair. "I didn't want to know."

<Paige> "Oh no!" Paige gave him a horrified look. How long before Bobby or Carol had to do something about that? Or had they already? "Well... I guess so long as it doesn't happen again, it won't be too big of a deal."

<Christopher> "Yeah I'm hoping it doesn't happen again either. Hopefully it won't cause Bobby any issues."

<Paige> "I'm hoping so too. That's kind of a big no-no. I mean, I know you aren't her biggest fan, but she's still the First Lady and the President's child." Paige chewed her lip a bit. "Just keep them far apart! It should be fine!"

<Christopher> "Yeah. I kinda told Hope to stay the hell away from the both of us while she was being a stuck up brat. Though apparently Kat started it all, trying to defend me." He sighed.

<Paige> Paige tried to cover Ripley's ears. "Chris! It doesn't matter how you feel about her, there are little ears."

<Christopher> Chris cringed, "Sorry Paige... and Ripley. See not meant to be a parent."

<Paige> Paige held out her hand. "Fifty more cents. That means nothing in regards to being a parent! You think Bobby doesn't slip?"

<Christopher> "You must be rich.... I'm kinda surprised you don't have a diamond tiara already."

<Paige> "I have plenty of tiaras," she laughed. "I was Miss America after all."

<Christopher> "Really? Didn't know that. Though now I'm curious what you're doing with your millions in change people owe you."

<Paige> "I have been saving them up for a few months now for Ripley’s big second birthday party! Yay Ripley!" She gave her baby snuggles and kisses.

<Christopher> "Well hang out around me any longer and you'll be able to throw her a party worthy of a queen."

<Paige> "While that is tempting, I would rather not expose her to the language required to get that," she told him, giggling.

<Christopher> "Well I didn't mean with her. You, Bobby, and I can go out drinking or something. Have a night out from the little princes.... Plus you'll have to give me ideas of something to get for her. I've never bought presents for children."

<Paige> She didn't really want to hear all that cursing either, but she smile. "Sure, we can go out sometime." She would certainly not be drinking, but it would be fun anyway.

<Christopher> "Just no more inhibitors." Chris laughed a little. "Hangovers are not fun. I'd bet especially not with a little ball of energy like this little one." He used his fingers to start drawing outlines of clothing on the snowman.

<Paige> "I don't really drink enough to get one of those anymore..." She kissed Ripley's forehead. "I need to get her inside. Want to join us for some hot chocolate?"

<Christopher> "Sure. Maybe I'll go grab some paints and give her a little lesson or two?" Chris smiled. Maybe little ones aren't all bad....

<Paige> "Make sure they are washable... Super washable." Paige smiled and led the way inside.

<Christopher> "Oh yeah, definitely. If not, I'm sure I can cut down a smock so she won't get any on her."

<Paige> "That's a good plan," Paige laughed. "She can make a beautiful picture for Daddy! Oh, and if you go down the toy aisles at Walmart, they have ages on the toys. Look for something for 2 year olds. She'll love it."

<Christopher> "Okay so anything that says two and makes lots of noise." Chris gave her a grin.

<Paige> She wrinkled her nose at him. "So she'll have something to play with when you babysit her, right?"

<Christopher> "Uhh..... I don't think. Well... I guess I could. I'm just not much of a kid person." Chris looked like someone had drained all the heat out of his body.

<Paige> Paige just giggled at him.

<Christopher> "What?" Chris pulled a face. "I mean I don't even have anywhere that's childproof.... "

<Paige> "I was just joking," she told him, still giggling.

<Christopher> "Oh thank god." Chris let out with a sigh. "I mean... not that she's not great and all......"

<Paige> Paige giggled even harder.

<Christopher> "You're going to use this against me forever now aren't you?"

<Paige> "Absolutely," she laughed, leading him into her and Bobby's new apartment.

<Christopher> "Uuuuugh." Chris held the door for her to get Ripley in. "I'd need lessons or something if you wanted me to babysit."

<Paige> "Don't worry about it, Chris," she laughed. "Auntie Roguey is always happy to babysit her."

<Christopher> "Rogue for the win!" Chris laughed a little. "She gets older and needs help with biology homework gimme a call."

<Paige> She laughed with him. "We'll be sure to keep that in mind." She got Ripley's coat, mittens, and hat off before doing the same for herself.

<Christopher> Chris shed his own winter gear. "Uhmm where would you like me to hang this all up?"

<Paige> "Here, I'll put it on our coat rack." She took his things as she moved to hang up her own and Ripley's.

<Christopher> "So how'd you guys do in the blizzard? I'm sure it didn't bother bobby at all."

<Paige> "Of course not. He was like a kid on Christmas morning, out playing in it," Coats deposited, she headed for the kitchen, watching as Ripley moved for her toys. "We managed. Kept the place warm at least."

<Christopher> "Yeah. I was stuck up in my office, only ventured out for a uhmm, date." Chris smiled.

<Paige> "Ohhh a date?! How did that go? What did you do!?"

<Christopher> "Watched movies and kept warm." Chris shrugged. "Not much, both decided just to keep things slow with all the crap I've gone through... I was mostly just checking up on her to make sure she was keeping warm."

<Paige> "That's a really good idea, actually. You've been through a lot. Bobby and I took things really slowly too, actually." She went for the milk, putting it into the kettle.

<Christopher> "Yeah, I had a pretty heavy falling out with Hope.... And." Chris trailed off. "Yeah just wasn't a great split," he lied not wanting to have more people worrying about him freaking out from everything he'd been through.

<Paige> "Just... be sure you are with Kat because you want to be. Not because you're lonely, ok? That's all I ask."

<Christopher> "Yeah... I'm kinda worried about her using me. Never noticed but apparently she was trying to steal me from Hope. Pretty flattering, but yeah. I like her she's appreciative of my attention." Chris chewed his lip. "But yeah slow, slow so we can make sure this is what the both of us want."

<Paige> Paige jerked her head to look at him. "She wanted to steal you from Hope? And you're still with her? That sends up all kinds of red flags, Chris honey."

<Christopher> "She didn't like how Hope treated me. She didn't know the whole story and now that she does, she still wants to be with me. So, yeah, just keeping it slow."

<Paige> Paige had no words. She went back to preparing the mugs. "So long as it's what both of you want."

<Christopher> "I understand Paige. I'll be okay I promise, and I won't lead her on, if I feel it's going in a direction I'm uncomfortable with I'll break it off. And I'm sure she'll do the same."

<Paige> "Well good!" She leaned back, watching Ripley play with a smile. "Sometimes I just wonder how we all got here. You'll find what works for you. And the things that don't? Just move on from those, like you have been!"

<Christopher> "Or let them move on from me." He sighed, now he needed a drink but he wasn't going to get one for a while. "She's not as bad as my horrible speech is making her sound."

<Paige> "Sometimes that happens," she told him softly. "But instead of being sad about it, embrace this fresh start."

<Christopher> "Not too sad about it anymore. Was a mistake in the first place." He muttered under his breath. "Kat's pretty great. I promise. Hopefully once this all melts we can have some real dates."

<Paige> "Bobby went back to work, so you should be good to go soon!" She smiled at him warmly.

<Christopher> "Yeah, but sports cars don't do so well in all this. And I'm definitely not a truck guy."

<Paige> "That's why I said soon," she pointed out, laughing.

<Christopher> "You mean as soon as I convince them to move the school down to Florida?"

<Paige> Laughing again, Paige shook her head. She poured the hot milk into mugs, stirring them both. "We should definitely try to get them to do that."

<Christopher> "Or at least some gulf state." He laughed. "Nice and warm and lots of seafood."

<Paige> "I do miss Texas... let's move to Texas! It's a gulf state!"

<Christopher> "Texas it is." Chris laughed. "I mean truth be told I'd rather Georgia. But people down there aren't too accepting of different."

<Paige> "That's really true of most of the south. Except Austin. We'd be welcome there." She passed him his cup of cocoa.

<Christopher> "Thanks." Chris blew on the cup. "I hear Austin has some pretty awesome food. Sounds like a plan!"

<Paige> "And music! Tons of cool music things!"

<Christopher> "Oh yeah I know there's a couple of really good rock bands down there."

<Paige> "Yes they do! Now, come with me. You are totally going to see Frozen now." She led him back toward the living room.

<Christopher> "As you command Ms. Guthrie!" Chris followed and took a few sips of his cocoa.