9/17 Instance: A Dangerous Proposition

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

9/17 Instance: A Dangerous Proposition

Post by Svartfreja »

Current.

<Carol> Carol had abandoned her office for a tidier one that had a functional projector for this meeting and gifted the owner a bottle of scotch in case he was pissed whenever the hell he decided to come back. If he didn't, she was taking the scotch back. Files organised, she sat down on the corner of the desk and stared at the blank screen across the room.

<Clint> Clint sighed a little, he'd planned on sleeping in but Carol's plans had killed that idea. He knew there was something hush hush going on but not really what so he didn't waste time getting to the office they were supposed to meet at. "Morning Carol." He held a cup of coffee out for her, made to her usual specifications; black as sin.

<Carol> "Hey," she took the coffee with a small smile and had a sip. "Just one more to come, take a seat."

<Clint> "Will do. You're not making plans to try and get me to go to class are you....? Cuz I swear I've been going to more lately. Maybe."

<Bobby> "Oh, bullshit," Bobby said, his tone light. He breezed into the office, cuffed the back of Clint's head, and flopped into a chair.

<Carol> "Good morning to you too," Carol rolled her eyes, pushing off the desk to stand up.

<Bobby> "Morning, sunshines!" Bobby kicked his feet up onto the desk. "Sharky know you stole his office?"

<Carol> "Probably not, I refuse to leave voicemail." She flopped into a seat herself and picked up the remote for the projector, "But what's he going to do?"

<Clint> "So, other than the teacher who's obviously still twelve... What are we supposed to be doing?"

<Carol> "We're not doing the teacher," Carol jumped on that one before Bobby could.

<Bobby> "Damn." He relaxed back into the seat. Aaaaah. Comfy.

<Clint> "Didn't know the teacher liked dudes too." Clint smirked.

<Carol> "Aaaand I don't want to know, let's focus..." More coffee. Damn it, why didn't she bring an open bottle of scotch? "I need to fill you guys in on a thing..."

<Bobby> "Was that not directed at the busty blonde? Because I believe it was." Bobby gave the student a toothy grin, then looked back to Carol.

<Clint> "You know I'm married, right Frosty?" Clint held his hand up and wiggled his fingers, showing off the ring.

<Carol> "That doesn't neccessarily mean it'd stop you. Plenty cheat." She set her coffee cup down and hit the button for the projector, the first image was one of Danger.

<Bobby> "So boobs are invisible to you?" He cackled, but the picture on the screen made it die. "Danger. Really? We're here because of Danger?"

<Clint> "Any boobs but Natasha's. Uhmm, woo robot chick?"

<Carol> "Yes, we're here because of Danger," she sighed, turning to look at Bobby because he was the one that would be most bothered by the news. "We know where she is, we've known for months now."

<Bobby> This was... disturbing news, he supposed. He'd never entirely gotten over the time Danger had blasted him into powerlessness, but Danger was also one of their own. "Where?" His tone was flat.

<Carol> "She's at one of Osborn's facilities," another press to the button displayed the front of the compound in question. "Before he died, my brother was able to send me the information he'd uncovered about where your stolen property went and, since Cessily and I got back here from the funeral, we've been working on a plan."

<Bobby> "Sneaky, sneaky, Cessie." Bobby sighed and leaned back in the chair again until it creaked. "Osborn having her can't be good."

<Carol> "There's strong evidence to suggest he's been using her tech to create his Sentinels," Carol sighed, clicking through to the schematics of the building. "We think that's how he got them operational so fast."

<Clint> "Sentinels bad. Blue metal bot good? So we need to get her back I'm assuming."

<Bobby> "Motherfucker," Bobby swore loudly, knowing he now owed Paige like three bucks. "That explains..." He ran his hand through his hair and made a helpless gesture. "Well, a whole fucking lot, really."

<Carol> "Yeah it does..." Carol sighed, "But, after months of planning and replanning, we think we finally have a workable way in. We just need a team... but, for obvious reasons, SHIELD can't be seen to be involved in any of this. I'm telling you both before I make an announcement to the school because I want you to have time to consider whether or not you want to come because it's going to be a lot more complicated for us."

<Clint> "Well if we don't get caught it shouldn't be a problem right? If we do, uhmm, cyanide pills right?" Clint chuckled a little hoping Bobby had just been joking about those.

<Bobby> "Well... normally I'd be the first one to quip about that, since... well..." His fingers wriggled as his hand shifted to ice and back. "But, since this is Osborn and his fucking sentinels, who can take out our fucking powers...." Bobby sighed. "Shit, Carol..."

<Carol> "I know, I know... it's dangerous and especially so for us because if we get caught, the government gets in trouble. You don't have to come if you don't want to, I won't order either of you do to it but I'm going. And we're working on the powers thing. Broo's already working on a prototype to cancel their tech cancellation and Pietro is working on the chemicals. We can do this."

<Clint> "I'm game if I get something bigger than a bow. Bow's don't do so hot against metal."

<Bobby> "Is Danger... alive?" He didn't know how else to phrase it.

<Carol> "If we give you something bigger than a bow, it might not fit in with the whole 'stealth' aspect of this endevour... I can maybe give you something that packs more of a punch than your regular bow... if you're good." And providing she threatened the right people. "We don't know," she answered Bobby's question, "But there's no reason to think otherwise. She's an AI, her external memory was taken with everything else."

<Bobby> "So she may not even know who we are or why we're rescuing her," he said. "Do we have a way to ...um, take her offline? To get her out? If she... doesn't want to go?"

<Carol> "Oh Broo did that ages ago," Carol waved away that concern, "He's doing the tech stuff because that's what his weird little brain is good at and I'm handling the tactical side because that's what my brain is good at."

<Bobby> Shrugging one shoulder, Bobby gave her a thumbs up.

<Clint> "I'm in I guess. I mean it's not like I have anything better to do." Clint was actually hiding how excited he was about this.

<Bobby> "Like going to class." Bobby coughed.

<Carol> Carol laughed, "I'm not expecting an answer right this second. You both have families, it's a lot to think about and I want you to consider the consequences if we get caught. I'm going to do my best to avoid that happening but we can't forsee every eventuality."

<Bobby> "Yeah," he said with a sigh, sobering. "And we all know I've been caught before."

<Clint> "Yeah.... Good point. Nat might kill me before anyone else can if I just go."

<Carol> "That said... try to keep this confined to just your relevant significant others until the general announcement is made, okay? I want to try and avoid certain people stealing the jet for some halfassed mission of their own devising. For this to work, it needs to be done properly." She was very firm about this because it was important.

<Clint> "I could conveniently disable it till you're ready."

<Carol> "Don't sabotage my jet." She was a little over protective of it, maybe, "We might need it in the mean time."

<Clint> "Okay okay... I was just kidding." Clint knew when to kiss ass or lose his hands.

<Bobby> He licked his lips. "I miss my jet."

<Carol> "If you weren't too busy babysitting Stroppy-Mc-Drinky, you could share mine... but I don't want a Stark poking around in my jet unsupervised and she will, they're nosy."

<Bobby> "Yeah, well, she's kind of busy right now," he said, realizing he'd actually said the part about the jet aloud. Bobby put on a wide grin. "So, does that mean I can play with your toy?"

<Carol> "... No. It means you can look at it but only when I'm there... and maybe I'll let you touch it."

<Bobby> Bobby snorted loudly and shifted in the chair.

<Clint> Clint blushed a little at the obvious sexual pun. "So.... I think I'm just gonna hold my tongue and sit here looking pretty now."

<Carol> Carol raised an eyebrow, "Who are you and what have you done with Clint?"

<Bobby> "And who said you were pretty?" Bobby cackled.

<Carol> That resulted in a laugh from Carol too.

<Clint> "At least I'm not old." Clint snapped back.

<Bobby> That just made him laugh harder.

<Carol> "Wooow, that was harsh. Good thing Bobby's thick skinned." She sat back in her chair.

<Bobby> After a moment, he gave Carol a look.

<Carol> Carol raised her eyebrows at him then neatly changed the subject by hitting the button for the projector to move the meeting into the next phase. "So. This is what we know..."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 9/17 Instance: A Dangerous Proposition

Post by steyn »

:shifty you know, Jack might actually be a good bet for infiltration. I mean... if Broo's tech is destroyed, or Pietro's chemical solution only works half the time, then Jack's mutation wouldn't be affected that much anyway. He's just a big black bunny that can run fast and jump high.