8/21 Instance: The Impcident

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

8/21 Instance: The Impcident

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

<Santo> Santo scraped the last bit of ice cream from his bowl with his spoon. "I still don't know why I can still taste stuff, but I ain't complaining at all. Think Miss K tried to explain it to me, but i was too busy being distracted." he said.

<Sue> Sue boosted herself up on a forcefield to reach the back of the top shelf in the cupboards and her stash of tea - she refused to drink the stuff the school got in. "Don't think about it too much, it's just one of those things brains do that we shouldn't over analyse."

<Santo> "Kind of like that thing in the basement." he added while watching the girl rise up where she stood. "Now that's handy."

<Sue> "Thing in the basement?" Sue glanced over at him then down at the empty space beneath her feet.

<Santo> "You don't know about it?" he asked. "There's this thing in the basement that the geek squad's playing with. It's a wobbly thing just floating there in the basement."

<Jean> Getting up late today meant she'd been late to class and since late always seemed to breed more late Jean was starving as she stormed the kitchen for her late late lunch.

<Sue> "I try not to go down there... it's creepy... and I'm working on some applications.... been kind of busy." Sue wrinkled her nose, "But now I'm curious."

<Jean> "About what?" she chirped, then skidded to a halt. Rock guy! She stared hard for a moment, then shook herself and went on.

<Santo> "The thing in the school's basement." he answered.

<Jean> "His name's Broo," she said, digging into the fridge for leftovers.

<Sue> Sue giggled, "No, not that thing. A wobbly thing apparently... I'm picturing a giant hovering jelly."

<Santo> "Nah, not the giant roach, I meant the floaty wobbly thing in the basement that the giant roach and Dr Bluepants is poking. Think I saw a rope hanging out of it once when I sneaked a peek."

<Jean> "Like a tampon," she observed, rummaging and humming. Ooooh soda!

<Sue> ".... Ewwww now that mental image is extra disgusting. Thank you, Jean."

<Jean> "No problem!" She pulled her head out of the fridge to grin, then dove back in. Was that Chinese?

<Santo> "I find it weird I'm not grossed out by that image."

<Santo> "I need to hang out with more guys."

<Jean> "Why? We're more fun." She gave her ass a light shake and sniffed the Chinese noodles. Ew! No.

<Santo> "You guys wanna go see the floaty wobbly thing in the basement? I think the geeksquad's done poking it for the day anyway, so we won't be in their way."

<Jean> "Poking wobbly things?" Jean found pizza. Whose pizza she had no idea, but that was a small matter. She liberated the pizza and a bottle of soda. "Sounds like fun."

<Santo> "Sue, you in?" Santo asked as he picked up his bowl and placed it in the dishwasher.

<Sue> "Uh... lemme just finish the tea making process and grab a biccie or five... You can go on ahead if you want, I can find you easily enough."

<Jean> Jean floated herself onto the kitchen counter, legs swinging as she bit into her cold pizza. Mmmmm. The moaning may have been out loud.

<Santo> "Don't worry, I can wait... I uh... think it's better to poke it in teams and both you two seem a bit busy. You know, just in case the wobbly thing eats me and there's no witnesses to be mentally scarred for life."

<Sue> Sue giggled and used a forcefield to pop the fridge open and snag the milk.

<Jean> "Pizza is portable," she mumbled around the mouthful and floated back off the counter and toward the door.

<Sue> While she stirred her tea, another cupboard opened and a packet of biscuits was located with the aid of invisibility fields. She picked up her tea and put the milk back in the fridge then collected the biscuits from their floating bubble, setting her tea down on an invisible platform while she opened up the packet. "Mmm chocolate digestives...."

<Santo> "Perfect, I got bodyguards to protect my chiseled ass." he said adding thumbs ups.

<Jean> Jean mirrored the thumbs up, then took a slurp of her sweet caffeine goodness.

<Sue> Treasure freed, she picked up her tea again, the biscuits floating serenely beside her as she headed over to Santo and Jean. "Okay, I'm good."

<Santo> "To the scary dungeon, girls." Santo announced and pointed as he lead the way.

<Jean> She gave the floating cookies a long glance and drifted along behind rock guy. Then, she was distracted by rock buns. And impressed. Giving a low whistle, she took another bite of pizza.

<Sue> Sue giggled and shook her head, "So, how you liking it here so far?" she decided some conversation with the noobs was probably the decent thing to do.

<Santo> Santo just smirked, smugly. "Yeah, kind of, can get a bit boring though. At least Mel's making it interesting living here, but I was promised superhero stuff." he replied as they entered the lowest basement level. The motion sensors immediately turning on the lights as they walked.

<Jean> "Believe me, the superhero stuff can be real real overrated... especially when there are zombies." She glanced over at Sue and grinned.

<Sue> Sue nodded in agreement and shuddered, "The less said about that incident the better..."

<Jean> Jean looked around at the basement and made a face. "I still think this place is crazy haunted."

<Santo> "Promises promises..."

<Sue> Too tempting. Sue used a field to tap Jean on the shoulder.

<Jean> She screamed and flashed into flame, flailing.

<Sue> Sue burst into giggles, "I'm sorry! I couldn't help myself!"

<Santo> Santo was startled, stumbling forward and twisting around, "Geezeus! She's on fire!"

<Jean> The fire whoomped out and she glared at Sue, flipping her hair. "Hey, bitch, you're just lucky I didn't drop my pizza!" She did drop her soda, however, and caught it with her teke... but now it was shaken. "Fuck!"

<Jean> She looked over at the rock guy. "It's not real fire..."

<Sue> Sue was too amused to apologise again, offering a biscuit instead.

<Jean> "Ooooooo cookie!" She took it, and all was forgiven.

<Santo> "Yeah, okay." he just turned and walked on to the room with all the wires and cables coming out of the doorway. Along with a very eerie lava lamp rainbow light.

<Sue> Sue looked down at the cables on the floor, "There should be a cable tidy or something... that's not safe....."

<Jean> "Good thing we don't have to walk then," she observed. "Well... except for him." She waved a hand at Santo.

<Santo> "I step light... like a butterfly. Made out of solid rock. and several feet tall." he said, nearly tripping over a cable, and pretending that it didn't happen. "And there it is, ladies. Kind of pretty in a very unsettling way."

<Sue> Sue stealthily blanketed the cables in a dense forcefield to protect them from getting crushed or whatever else by clumsy feet. "What the hell is that thing?"

<Jean> Jean giggled at Santo, then turned her attention to the ... awful rip in the fabric of reality. "Uh..."

<Santo> "I don't know." Santo said, then grabbed the long metal rod propped against hte wall. "But I'm gonna poke the hell out of it."

<Sue> "I'll just... watch..." she sipped her tea and expanded a forcefield in front of her.

<Jean> "Cool." She took a bite of her pizza. "Poke it!"

<Santo> "I just know they keep calling it a hole." he added as he took a step closer to the thing and pointed the rod towards it, and prodded. "Aaand this feels weird... like when I push in... it's pulling... and when I pull back, it's pushing."

<Sue> "What happens if you let go?" Sue wrinkled her nose.

<Santo> Santo held still and let go. The rod was hanging in the air for a moment before gravity started pulling it a bit too much, and it slipped from the hole, making an awful clanging noise.

<Santo> "Cool."

<Jean> "That's fucked up," she observed around her pizza.

<Santo> Santo picked the rod up again and poked the hole once more, this time slowly giving the metal rod a shove before letting go, watching it slowly being sucked into the hole... and vanished.

<Sue> Extracting a biscuit, Sue enclosed it in a bubble then sent it at the portal thing. Maybe it liked chocolate?

<Santo> "Uhh... I hope they weren't using that thing."

<Jean> Jean's mouth dropped open and then she remembered the pizza and closed it, swallowing hard. First the pole ad then the cookie vanished. "IT ATE THEM!"

<Santo> Santo looked around, "there anything longer than the metal stick? I wanna see if I can feel anything on the inside of that by poking it deep."

<Sue> ".... You want to rephrase that?"

<Santo> "You know, long ass stick that I can shove in deep?"

<Jean> "Not any better."

<Jean> She started to open her bottle and swore as it started to spray. "Fucker!" Winding up, she flung the bottle into the portal.

<Santo> "Ha! It liked soda," he said while looking around, and finding the scientific equipment piled together in a corner. "Oooh, this looks useful." he said picking up a mechanical claw attached to a long pole.

<Sue> "Anyone else having visions of angry aliens on the other side....?"

<Santo> "More like wet and sticky aliens now."

<Jean> "Maybe they drink soda through their skin?" She eyed the pole.

<Santo> Santo held up the long claw pole and moved it towards the hole, sliding it in, angling it towards the floor through the wobbly light thing. He stopped pushing when it didn't want to go further. "Hey, there's ground on the other side." he said, moving the pole back and forth and grasping the claw's handle before pulling back.

<Sue> "Maybe carbonated water is like acid to them... well it is acid but.... never mind..." she shook herself.

<Jean> "Well... then I might have started a war?" She grinned and shrugged. "Did you get anything?"

<Santo> And out plopped the claw, holding dirt. Wet dirt. THat smelled of cola.

<Santo> "I got mud."

<Jean> "Exciting." She popped the last bit of pizza into her mouth.

<Santo> Santo shoved the claw back into the hole, blindly fishing around and feeling for anything to grab on to. Squeezing the handle, he pulled back and out popped the claw again. This time holding...

<Santo> "....holy crap what the hell is that thing?!"

<Sue> Sue was glad for her forcefield, which she closed around herself. "Put it back! Put it back!"

<Sue> It was blue! And NAKED!

<Jean> Jean took a step back. "What in the... IT'S A SMURF!"

<Sue> "Smurfs have clothes!"

<Jean> "Maybe he lost his little white pants in the portal?!" Jean flailed as the thing flailed on the claw. It was chattering... "Is it talking?!"

<Sue> "It has a tail!" Sue flailed too.

<Santo> "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, eeeeeh!" Santo shoved it back into the hole and let go of the handle before pulling the poled back and throwing it aside, taking several steps back.

<Sue> "What the fuck did we just find?"

<Santo> "I don't know.. I just.. I don't want to know."

<Jean> "It's a demon... it has to be a demon. I mean... OMG it's a fucking demon!!! WE FOUND HELL!"

<Santo> "That can't be hell! That thing was too cute to be from hell!"

<Sue> "Why would they leave this thing open?!"

<Santo> "Hand up who wants to get the fuck out of here and pretend this never happened?!"

<Jean> "Maybe they don't know how to close it?"

<Sue> "Me! I want to do that! Let's do that!" Sue was already making for the door.

<Jean> Jean stared at the portal, almost tempted to use her telepathy. But no.

<Santo> Santo was quick to follow Sue, pausing for a second. "Jean, don't go into the light!"

<Jean> She shook herself and turned tail, sprinting after the others. "That ain't the light..."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 8/21 Instance: The Impcident

Post by steyn »