8/21 Instance: Detention!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

8/21 Instance: Detention!

Post by Svartfreja »

Shortly after [Game]Moon Madness.

<Tyrone> Tyrone frantically punched the phone number for the school into the satellite phone. "Answer, damn it!"

<Tyrone> "Oh come on! Does no one there pick up a ringing phone?"

<Pietro> Pietro wandered past Carol's office, half way through a sandwich and considering clocking off early for some time with the kids but got distracted by the sound of the phone. He paused, poking his head in through the door, "Heeeeell-O?" No one in there. Finishing the sandwich at high speed, he was over at the phone in less than a second and picking it up, "Danvers Institute, Professor Maximoff speaking..."

<Tyrone> "Professor Maximoff! Professor Maximoff! Oh my God finally! Thank you! Thank you! I need help. I really need help. I don't know where I am and there are people with guns." Tyrone screamed almost frantically down the phone, "Oh its Tyrone by the way."

<Pietro> "Oh, hey! They've been looking everywhere for you... can you find out where you are? I can come and get you."

<Tyrone> "I... can't... there are people with guns. I'm on a boat, I think its a warship. Its got a flag with white, blue and red on it. Oh crap they're coming my way again."

<Pietro> ".... You may be the luckiest person in the history of ever. Pass the phone over to one of them..." Pietro rolled his eyes, transfering the call to his cellphone so he could stock up on snacks.

<Tyrone> "Pass the phone over?!? They've got guns! And they're looking for me!" Tyrone squealed and then realised his mistake as the guard who'd just passed him turned back around. He tried to sneak back down the corridor. "остановить или я буду стрелять! остановить или я буду стрелять!" Oh crap!

<Pietro> Was that russian? Excellent! He didn't even have to get a dictionary. "Just do as you're told! Or put me on speaker if that's even an option. Sounds like russian - my wife is Russian, I know the language."

<Tyrone> Tyrone panicked and reached for his powers plunging the corridor into darkness and turning himself intangible. This was followed immediately by gunfire. "Oh crap... I might have made things worse"

<Pietro> "Tyrone! Listen to me. Do as I say and give them the phone. You're making it worse for yourself and I can't help you if I don't know where you are."

<Tyrone> Tyrone ran down the corridor plunging the area around him into darkness as he did. "Are you crazy! They're trying to kill me!" he screamed down the phone. Everyone is out to get me! He turned a corner and ran into a control room as he did he lashed out with his power throwing all the people in the room through a portal. "There is a console here... with a chart on, I think we're in The Atlantic! Can you come get me now?" he pleaded.

<Pietro> "Do you have any idea how big the Atlantic Ocean is? A grid search would take even me hours. Give me coordinates!"

<Tyrone> "Coordinates! Yes coordinates," I can do this, "OK I can't see my current coordinates. But I reckon if I enter the location of the school I can get it to show me what direction it is. Does that make sense? Ok doing that. Ok... I have a line on the screen! Ok... I'm south east... and if I count these circles... 1.. 200 miles away! Is that enough! Can you come get me now?"

<Pietro> "I guess it'll do..." Pietro filled a bag with sugary things, wrote a note for Carol and stuck it on her door, then headed out of the building, picking up speed as he ran.

<Tyrone> "Oooh there is a flashing button saying three any c k. Shall I press it?" then without waiting for a reply Tyrone pressed the button. "запуск ракеты! запуск ракеты!" blared from the speakers in the console.

<Pietro> ".... What the hell did you just do?!" Sirens were never a good thing. Ever.

<Tyrone> "I... I... erm... I think I just fired a missile at the school?" Tyrone slumped down into the chair. Lieutenant Danvers is going to kill me...

<Pietro> "Oh for the love of..." Pietro rolled his eyes massively, "I'm going to just put you on hold for a minute..."

<Tyrone> "Oh hold! I just nuked the school and you're putting me on hold!"

<Pietro> "I'm putting you on hold so I can tell someone to catch the damn things!" Pietro did just that, calling the last person Tyrone probably would have wanted him to call.

<Tyrone> Someone who can catch it... Oh God I AM DEAD!

<Pietro> "Wow, that was some colourful language. I'm gonna guess you're in a bit of trouble." Pietro was back on the phone to Tyrone, "There was talk of using your ass to absorb the impact... I don't think she was serious..."

<Tyrone> "Does that mean that I didn't nuke the school?" Tyrone pleaded, "Please tell me I didn't nuke the school. And... errr... does this mean you're going to rescue me soon? I wouldn't want to be late for class tomorrow."

<Pietro> "She's on it, don't worry about it and I think I see the ship now." And his bag of sugar was half empty. Sadness.

<Tyrone> "Oh thank you, thank you, sir," Tyrone passed out from exhaustion, the lighting in the room returned to normal and the officers he'd pushed out of the room suddenly returned... at least they returned physically, some screamed incessantly, others just sat in the corner and drooled.

<Pietro> Pietro wasn't sure he liked that sound but he continued onto the ship and made a quick search of the rooms, locating Tyrone. Ugggggh... he picked the kid up, explained in hurried russian to the next member of the ship's personnel he saw that the kid was an idiot, then left the ship again and started back to the school.

[Time Passes]

<Carol> After catching a couple of missiles, making a call to Fury, spending some time with Cessily to calm the fuck down and being assured by both campus doctors that Tyrone was fine (much to her disappointment); Carol had decided that she wasn't going to let him have time to recover once he woke up. She had propped him up in the chair opposite her desk and was staring at him while she sipped her scotch.

<Carol> It was late, long since dark, and she hadn't bothered to turn on her light. Her eyes were still glowing with the amount of energy she'd absorbed from the explosions and she was sure she looked more than a little bit intimidating. She'd also already taken the liberty of clipping an inhibitor on his wrist so he couldn't do anything else stupid before she was finished yelling at him.

<Tyrone> Tyrone moaned with pain as he started to come around, the pain in his head being almost unbearable. His eyes flicked open once or twice but the bright light was unbearable, his vision was almost pure white and the pain caused him to pass out again.

<Tyrone> Minutes later he started to stir again, "Water..." he begged. His eyes flicked open again, but this time everything was black.

<Carol> Carol poured some water from the dispenser near her desk and set the cup down on the other side of the desk in his reach then sat back in her chair and resumed the drinking.

<Tyrone> "Thank you," Tyrone mumbled as he reached for where he'd heard the cup being deposited, however unable to see clearly knocked it over, spilling most of the contents over the desk. "Damn it... why can't I see clearly?" he muttered, then still thirsty he placed his wet fingers to his lips and sucked the moisture off of them.

<Carol> "Probably because the lights are off," Carol offered, rolling her eyes and getting up to get him another cup of water and some paper towels for the spill.

<Tyrone> Hearing Carol's voice Tyrone suddenly came fully awake, "No... the lights are on... oh my God are those your eyes! What happened? Oh God! I did it didn't I! I nuked the school! And now you're going to kill me!" his voice got gradually more and more panicked as he went on. "Oh please tell me I didn't start a nuclear war."

<Carol> "They weren't nukes. You're lucky... but still completely fucking stupid." She took a sip of her scotch, "It's been several hours but the energy hasn't faded, if you have your phone on you, I probably wiped it already. Fury is not appreciative of the political shitstorm you started either, just FYI."

<Tyrone> "Oh thank God, for a while there I thought you were going to tell me that we were the last two people on the planet and were going to have to save the human race..." Tyrone blurted in relief before he realised, "Wait... Fury knows oh damn. I'm sorry."

<Carol> "Of course he knows! I had to catch a missile! You can't not tell your boss that crap. Especially when the missile was aimed at a building your supposed to protect by one of the kids you're supposed to be keeping safe in there! What the hell is wrong with you?! Were you dropped on your head as a child?!"

<Tyrone> "Its not that the concept of repoluating the wor-" Tyrone stopped mid word as he saw the look on Carol's face, "I'm completely missing the point aren't I? One minute what do you mean you'd have wiped my phone? Are you killing me with radiation?"

<Carol> "Unless you're allergic to electromagnetic radiation, no. If you are, you have problems because all humans put that shit out." She emptied her glass and decided she could pour another. "Now. Are you going to apologise for being such a fuck up or am I going to have to threaten you with something that'll make you sorry?"

<Tyrone> "I can just apologise?" Tyrone reached for the second cup of water. "I kind of expected you to just throw me into another SHIELD prison, no matter what I said."

<Carol> "Oh, honey... if it didn't speak to how much of a total dumbass you are, it'd be adorable that you haven't noticed you're already wearing an inhibitor." She took a sip of her... somethingth glass of scotch, "And you should apologise even though your track record suggests you probably won't."

<Tyrone> "You think I didn't notice this?" he shook the wrist with the bracelet on, the same wrist that was attached to the hand currently holding a cup of water, causing half of it to go over the desk again. He took a sip of the remainder. "I'm never using my powers again. They're too much trouble. Turn this damn thing up to full because I can still feel some of my powers now. I want this over with. Now, what prison am I going to?"

<Carol> Carol got up to get more paper towels. "You're not going to prison," she rolled her eyes, "Look. This place is big on second chances and, fortunately for you, they're also into third and fourth chances. So. You will be using your powers again but only in controlled settings where we can keep an eye on you. You need to learn how to use your powers properly and how to follow simple instructions like, oh I don't know, 'don't teleport on the fucking moon'."

<Tyrone> "I'm not going to prison? I can just go back to class?" Tyrone slumped in his chair, "But what about... Sorry. I'm an idiot. Sorry. Its just that... Sorry."

<Tyrone> "On the plus side, I did learn how to fly through space on my own. I got back didn't I?"

<Carol> "By sheer dumb luck, yeah. But don't pretend you had any idea what the hell you were doing." She eyed her scotch, "So, this is the plan that I gave to Fury that you're going to follow so you can stay out of prison. You're going to go to classes. All of them. You're going to attend special classes with me to train and you're going to go to Professor Maximoff so he can explain to you the physics of your powers."

<Tyrone> "Even business class?"

<Carol> "Yes. Even business class. I know Farouk is gross to look at but economics is important... or so he says."

<Tyrone> "Okay, business class as well. Thank you. Can I go to my room and sleep now?"

<Carol> "Yeah, you can... but be careful, it's a lot brighter in the hall than it is in here."

<Tyrone> Tyrone stood up and headed towards the door, as he reached it he turned around and asked, "Just one question, Miss?"

<Carol> Carol rolled her eyes at being called 'miss' and downed the remained of her shot, "What?"

<Tyrone> "Are you sure you don't want to repopulate the planet? We'd have beautiful kids." With that Tyrone disappeared through the door before Carol could reply.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 8/21 Instance: Detention!

Post by steyn »

Bwahahahah fucking awesome