8/3 Instance: Why so Serious?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

8/3 Instance: Why so Serious?

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: Halloween

Rachel: As she walked down the sidewalk, Rachel sidestepped a small child as she peered down into the pillowcase of candy that had been tightly clasped in her hand, inspecting the pieces they'd gotten from the last house. Closing the bag, she blew out a sigh as she looked over to Paige, vaguely wondering how strange a glittery, pink, poofy princess looked accompanying her. Finally, she commented, "My face itches."

Paige: "Awwwww, well, you could have been a princess like meeee," Paige giggled at her and fixed her blonde hair a bit. "Then, you wouldn't need face paint." Paige wasn't sure how she had been talked into trick or treating, but she did know Rachel had to make them look like kids. She also knew it was a total blast! "I heard some kids say that the houses on the next street give out big candy bars."

Rachel: "But, then, you wouldn't have gotten the fun of painting my face or doing my hair," Rachel replied, her grin likely looking somewhat creepy with the one that'd been plastered on her face in red paint. She was quite pleased she'd managed to talk Paige into trick-or-treating because she'd always liked it. Mostly. In her neighborhood, you ran the risk of having your candy snatched… among other things.

Rachel: But, it was fine here. Adjusting the purple jacket on her shoulders, she assured Paige, "Well, once we finish this street, we should go see…"

Paige: "Yes! Except... Do we have to go to that house on the end? It is really creepy..." Paige eyed the house, unsure about even walking in front of it.

Rachel: Rachel looked around her to see the house on the corner, "…Oh, my God, yes." It was totally decorated with lights and fog and everything, and it looked awesome! "At least I have to."

Paige: "Nooo! Rachie!" Paige pulled at her arm a bit. "It's scary!"

Rachel: "That's the entire point of Halloween," Rachel protested as she reached up to straighten her tie, carefully brushing some green strands from her face as she paused on the sidewalk in front of the house, "You can just wait here, if you want, but I want candy."

Paige: "But... but... You can't leave me here alone!" Paige was slightly frantic.

Rachel: Sometimes, dealing with Paige was like dealing with a five-year-old. Rolling her eyes, she suggested, "Then, come with me. It's probably just some fog and something jumping out at you before you get to the door. No big deal."

Paige: "That's exactly what I'm afraid of..." Paige latched onto her arm, terrified as she was led toward the house. "What if they have spiders? Or, or snakes?"

Rachel: "…You can step on them?" Rachel said, as it was clearly an obvious solution to the problem. She reached to take her hand, fearing the loss of circulation in her arm more than the fog creeping across the front walk or the strobe lights making things disorienting, obscuring anyone from view.

Paige: "You can't step on snakes, Rachie... They bite you." Paige pointed out the obvious, keeping a sharp eye out for jumpers. "I'm scared," she whispered to Rachel as they walked, keeping a firm hold on her hand.

Rachel: "You can if you stomp on their heads…? I don't know." She lived in a city where they weren't really a problem. "I've never seen a snake that wasn't a pet or a…" she trailed off as a man in a hockey mask popped out from behind one of the columns of the porch, fake, blood-splattered machete in hand. While she didn't have much of a reaction, she was sure Paige would scream, even as she held up her bag and simply stated, "Trick or treat."

Paige: Paige did indeed scream. She screamed loudly and hid behind Rachel.

Rachel: After taking candy for both of them because she was fairly sure Paige wouldn't come out, she turned to steer her back down the walk and around the corner to the next block, "See? Not so bad."

Paige: "What are you…? That was horrifying! I'm going to have nightmares tonight, you know that right?" Paige couldn't even force herself to let go of Rachel's hand as they headed down the street again to the less scary houses.

Rachel: Rachel slung her pillow case over her shoulder as they walked, attempting to free her hand from Paige's grip in order to slip her arms around her shoulders, "…And, that's a bad thing?"

Paige: "You just like an excuse for me to cling to you naked," Paige wrinkled her nose at her, aware of how that sounded if anyone overheard. Oh well.

Rachel: There was no point in denying it, and luckily it would go right over kids' heads. "Exactly."

Paige: Paige giggled at her, snuggling up a little as they walked. "So does that mean you are going to force me through the haunted house downtown, too?"

Rachel: Rachel looked over at her, clearly excited at the prospect of this. It was probably bad that her love of Halloween rivaled Paige's love for anything pink and glittery. Before she could say anything else, she quickly asked, "Oh, can we? Pleeeeaaase?"

Paige: How could Paige say no to that face? She chewed her lip, considering it. "Will you watch It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown with me tonight? In bed?"

Rachel: "Of course," she rolled her eyes, adding, "Can we watch Nightmare Before Christmas first?" After a moment, she simply suggested, "We could get pizza on the way back, sort our candy, and watch movies for the rest of the night."

Paige: "Well, it would have to be first... The point of Charlie Brown is to make me not scared to sleep." She sighed. "But we can go to the haunted house. You'll like it."

Rachel: "That's what I figured," Rachel easily replied before attempting to assure her with a smirk, "Look at it this way… You have an excuse to cling to me in public."

Paige: "I always have an excuse. I love you!" Paige giggled at her with a smile.

Rachel: "Well, I more meant I'm willing to tolerate the clinging…" she paused, brow crinkling, "Which I guess I do anyway."

Paige: "Sometimes I wonder why you put up with me," Paige admitted as they walked up to a cute little cottage style house.

Rachel: After pausing to receive her candy from the elderly woman that'd answered the door, she pulled a slight face, commenting as they headed back to the sidewalk, "Ugh, I don't think we got anything good from there."

Rachel: Then, she started back on the topic, "Because…" Jokes probably wouldn't be appropriate, despite who she was dressed as, so she allowed herself to be serious for a moment, something she'd been trying to avoid to avoid thinking about the students that'd been in the jet, "Because you're all happy and optimistic and stuff. Most of the time."

Paige: Taken aback by Rachel's candid response, Paige blushed a little and smiled. "You're just wonderful, Jelly Bean."

Rachel: "I'm really not," she denied as she shook her head, "That's more your thing, too."

Paige: "You are wonderful to me, so that counts. Right?" She kissed her cheek quickly before anyone noticed.

Rachel: Rachel was more worried about whether her make-up was okay rather than people seeing them, as she didn't focus as much on the illusion as they were between houses… Mostly because it confused people, which she found amusing on some level. "I don't know how anyone wouldn't be, but sure."

Paige: "Plenty of people are terrible to me," Paige reminded her, taking her girlfriend's hand again.

Rachel: "That still doesn't mean I understand it," she said as they approached the next house, dodging some children running back toward the sidewalk with a slight face.

Paige: "They are so cute..." Paige wanted to take their own baby trick or treating. She rang the doorbell and waited, finally getting to say, "Trick or Treat!"

Rachel: "They'd be cuter if I wasn't practically tripping over them everywhere we go," Rachel muttered under her breath before putting on a grin as she chorused along with Paige, "Trick or treat!"

Paige: Hershey bars! Paige liked these people. She linked arms with Rachel as they headed back down the drive. "Because it's Halloween, Jelly Bean. Technically, we're on their turf."

Rachel: Rachel leaned over to press a kiss to her cheek, frowning slightly and reaching up to wipe the red face paint away, insisting, "No. It's mine. I was alive first."

Paige: Giggling, Paige squeezed Rachel's hand again. "But you can't beat them up."

Rachel: "Why not?" she blinked. "…I mean, I could if we were in my neighborhood…"

Paige: "Rachel! They are children!" Paige said as if it were obvious.

Rachel: "…Have you never gone bag snatching?"

Paige: "Rachel!" Paige was absolutely horrified.

Rachel: Rachel wasn't exactly sure why she was getting that look because all she did was ask a question. "What?"

Paige: "Girls aren't allowed down here. Give me your candy." A chubby, red-headed, freckle-faced, little boy jumped at them, leering and grabbing for Rachel's candy.

Paige: Paige jumped and shrieked as he jumped at them.

Rachel: Only slightly startled by the sudden appearance of the kid, Rachel kept a tight hold on her bag, yanking it toward her as soon as he grasped at it. She stooped down to his level and gripped a handful of the front of his costume, positive she looked relatively frightening with her make-up in the fading light of evening as she threatened, "If you don't let go of my bag and give me your candy, you're going to get your ass kicked by a girl."

Paige: The little kid screamed and ran off to find his mommy.

Rachel: Satisfied with the reaction, Rachel snatched up his fallen bag of candy, feeling quite pleased with herself as she added it to her collection, "See? It's that easy…" Then, she glanced Paige in her dress over. "Well, maybe not for you."

Paige: Paige shoved Rachel a little for that. "Until the mom comes over and threatens to call our mommies."

Rachel: "I'll threaten to kick her ass, too," she grinned as she straightened her tie once more, "We should find that house with the full-size candy bars now…"

Paige: "Yeah, we should!" Paige dragged Rachel off in that direction without a second thought. "Before all the good candies are gone!"

Rachel: "Last house before we head to the haunted one?" she asked, not at all opposed to being led to candy.

Paige: "Sure! But... Ss it unethical to ask you to disguise us so we can go twice?"

Rachel: Rachel shrugged in answer, "It can't be any worse than me taking candy from, like, a nine-year-old boy."

Paige: "He attacked us! It was only fair." Paige reasoned. "But... I feel bad because we can go buy candy..."

Rachel: "He was a little jerk that deserved it. Bet he won't go snatching bags anymore," she replied, looking over to her as they walked, "Plus, why buy it when people are handing it out for free?"

Paige: "Isn't that the argument you used to get me out here in the first place?" She giggled at her girlfriend.

Rachel: "…Maybe. Especially after I ate the bag you'd already bought," Rachel admitted with a smirk.

Paige: "You already ate it all?!" Paige sighed in false exasperation. "Oh, Jelly Bean..." She giggled and knocked on the door.

Rachel: "Not in one sitting," Rachel defended herself before opening her pillow case as the door was answered.

Paige: "Trick or treat!" Paige opened the pillow case happily for the family.

Rachel: Full-sized candy bars secure in her bag, she happily turned away from the door, reaching back to drag Paige along as she declared, "Haunted house time!"

-----After many screams-----

Paige: Paige had her pink blanket wrapped around her, hiding under the covers of her and Rachel's bed. This movie was just as scary as the haunted house had been!

Rachel: It had taken Rachel forever to get scrub all the face paint off after getting back from the totally awesome haunted house. Once she'd managed that impossible feat, she'd changed into pajamas and flopped into bed to watch movies with Paige, chin in hand as she stared at the screen of the laptop over Paige's shoulder. Realizing her girlfriend was cowering, she looked between her and the screen, leaning down to lowly sing along to the track in Paige's ear, "Because this may be the last time you hear the boogie song…"

Paige: Paige flailed at the singing, grabbing her pillow. "Stop that!" She moved to whack Rachel with the pillow and hide herself under the covers better.

Rachel: Laughing, she shielded herself from the blow with an arm, surrendering, "Okay, okay…" When she retreated back under the covers, Rachel reached over to pull them back down, small smirk on her face as shifted to slide her arms around her, "I don't think you've ever complained so much about my singing though."

Paige: "You never sang scary things before," she snuggled into Rachel, stroking her cheek gently.

Rachel: "It's not scary… I mean, it's only a kids movie," Rachel reasoned with a roll of her eyes, gaze flicking between Paige's face and the screen. Though, movies for kids were generally the most terrifying...

Paige: "You said that about Coraline, too... How long did I have nightmares after that horrible movie?"

Rachel: "It wasn't horrible!" she protested as she leaned over Paige to grab a piece of chocolate from the pile of candy they'd amassed from trick-or-treating. Hopefully, it'd last until they got more candy at Christmas, but it wasn't likely.

Paige: "Threeeeeee nights. Three! I had nightmares for threeeee nights after that movie about people sewing my eyes shut with buttons!"

Rachel: Remaining where she was, Rachel propped herself up on her elbow as she struggled with the wrapper, offering, "It wasn't that bad. I was here."

Paige: Paige just stared at her. "Well not for you. You didn't have your eyes sewed shut."

Rachel: She pouted when she failed to open the candy once more. It was likely a sign she didn't need it, but she twisted around to hold it out to Paige for help, studying her face for a few moments. "I think I'd like you a lot less with your eyes sewn shut."

Paige: "So you'd like me less if I was kidnapped by a creepy spider and forced to sew my eyes shut? Thanks, love." Paige grumbled and opened the candy for her, stealing a piece.

Rachel: Rachel took the open package back with a grin, though it faltered when she considered the statement, "Well, when you put it that way…"

Paige: Paige giggled at her and moved to lay down with her head in Rachel's lap, no longer paying attention to the scary movie. "But I guess I never have to worry, since you keep me safe."

Rachel: "I just really like your eyes," Rachel muttered around the candy in her mouth in defense of herself, settling back against the pillows. She spared a glance toward the movie, which was nearing the end, and said, "Well, you don't have to worry about spiders kidnapping you to sew buttons on your eyes anyway…"

Paige: "Because you'd kill it right?" Paige asked, hopeful as she looked up at her.

Rachel: After feigning seriously considering the option, she rolled her eyes at her, "Of course I would kill spiders for you."

Paige: Giggling, Paige smiled then sighed happily. "Thank you for that." She pause for a moment, thinking. "You really like my eyes?"

Rachel: Rachel gave a bit of a shrug, looking back to the movie as she sheepishly answered, "Well, yeah…"

Paige: Paige smiled as she sat up, blocking Rachel's view so she could kiss her softly. "I like yours, too, by the way."

Rachel: She leaned in to return the kiss before settling back with her candy once more, popping another piece into her mouth with a grin, resisting the urge to ask what there wasn't to like. Glancing her over, she instead replied, "Not really the only thing I like." …Like that answer was any better.

Paige: Snickering at Rachel's confession, Paige shifted to snuggle into her, resting her head against her girlfriend. "And what else do you like?"

Rachel: "Lots of things," Rachel sighed in answer as she tossed the candy wrapper to the pile that'd have to be thrown away when they cleaned everything up after their movies. Carefully running her fingers through Paige's hair, she decided that was as good a place as any to start, smirking as she continued speaking, "Your hair, and I guess I already said your eyes, which leaves your legs and anything else I forgot…"

Paige: Giggling, Paige kissed Rachel softly then rubbed her nose against hers. "I love all that about you, too, you know. Everything. Except.... those horrid plaid pants!"

Rachel: Rolling her eyes, she commented as she shifted to put the next movie in, "I'm going to find worse pants just so you can't complain about those anymore."

Paige: "I promise you I will still complain about those." Paige kissed Rachel's neck very softly. She brushed her red hair back from her face and smiled. "And then rip them off of you."

Rachel: Rachel tilted her head while she reached for the movie's case, pouting slightly, "Damn… That's what I should've worn for my costume."

Paige: "But then, we wouldn't have made it out of the mansion to get free candy," Paige pointed out, continuing to kiss on Rachel's neck gently.

Rachel: "I could've lived with that. All the candy would be on sale tomorrow anyway," she muttered, adding a few curses under her breath as she fumbled the disc she was attempting to put in the laptop.

Paige: "But, you see... you got free candy, candy on sale tomorrow, and I can arrange for your girlfriend to take off all her clothes for you. So... I'm not seeing the downside to this night." Paige nuzzled Rachel with a soft giggle.

Rachel: With a snort, she smirked as she replied while closing the laptop's disc drive to start Paige's movie, easily replying, "The down side would be my girlfriend taking her clothes off and not mine."

Paige: "It'll cost extra for that," Paige teased, slipping out of her nightshirt.

Rachel: Leaning back to eye her girlfriend, Rachel was still smirking as she incredulously asked, "Extra?"

Paige: "Yes. It will cost you some tongue and a grope," Paige told her, matter-of-factually.

Rachel: "Hm… I dunno about giving you part of my tongue. I kinda like it attached to the rest of my tongue," she teased as she reached out to lightly run her fingers over the newly exposed skin.

Paige: Shivering at the touch, Paige pulled Rachel to her, pressing her lips against her girlfriend's. "I like it attached to you as well."

Rachel: Movie and snacks forgotten, Rachel returned the kiss and leaned in to kiss down her neck, heaving a melodramatic sigh once she'd reached Paige's shoulder, "I guess I can pay that price…"
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 8/3 Instance: Why so Serious?

Post by steyn »

ehrmagawd! Why didn't jack go trick or treating!? He would have made a killing in his bunny costume! Especially if he went along with those to get turned into a kid bunny!