7/22 Instance: Secret Sibling Scheming

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

7/22 Instance: Secret Sibling Scheming

Post by Slarti »

Current Timeline.

<Jessica> As promised, Jess wandered down to see Broo with Sharky though now she had another reason to want to visit her younger brother. Tucked in her back pocket, she had a notebook and a pen. She stopped at the window and tapped on the glass as usual, holding up Sharky (who was currently in the shape of a cat) for him to see.

<Broo> Broo sat up, squinted at the thing Jess had in her hands, cocked his head and ran for the door, opening it up for her. "That is amazing." he announced.

<Jessica> Jess giggled, "Yeah, it's kind of cool..." she had to admit it was, and cute too, when it wanted to be. Moving into the room, she set the creature down.

<Broo> "Can I touch it? Is it an it?" he asked, "Or a he...she?" he added, stubby clawed finger coming close for a poke on the silver cat.

<Jessica> Sharky eyed the approaching finger then looked up at Jess, "It's okay, he's a friend." Sharky accepted this and moved closer to Broo, "I call it Sharky... didn't ask if it was male or female... not sure it's either anymore..."

<Broo> "And it changes shape?" he asked, his fingers stroking the silver kitty, going over the smooth, but soft metal. "Ow." he remarked when his fingers came across some spikes. "Interesting. They let you keep it?"

<Jessica> Jess nodded, "Mmhmm, I've taught it some shapes... it does them on command."

<Broo> "Oh, can it make a double helix? Or an inverted tetrahedron? Oh, oh, how about a compound of five cubes?" he asked excitedly.

<Jessica> "Um... I think just animal shapes...? At least that's all I've taught it..." She decided to demonstrate, "Sharky, duck." Sharky took the shape of a duck and quacked at her.

<Broo> "Anatidae!" He exclaimed with much glee, clapping his hands, "Absolutely fantastic. What else can he do?"

<Jessica> "Lots of things... Sharky, corgi!" Sharky did as commanded then trotted over to her for pettings. Jess picked it up and snuggled it.

<Broo> "Now I wish I had one," Broo said, shuffling to sit next to Jess. "Wonder if I ask real nicely they'd let me have one as well.... maybe something smaller though... hamster sized... that'll fit in my shirt pocket.

<Jessica> She gave him a small smile, "This is the smallest one they had... Viper looked pretty disappointed that I picked this one and not something bigger..." She shifted to pull the notebook out of her pocket with the pen and pointed at what was written there.

<Jessica> 'I know they're listening so I brought this to write on. Do you know where we are geographically? Is there any way we can find out and find a way out of this building?'

<Broo> He looked at the notepad, at her, then down at the Sharky creature. He took the pad and pen, saying outloud, "Well I'm sure I could figure out how to get them smaller if they'd just let me in the labs." while he wrote down 'I do not know. Have not seen a window to look outside. Not allowed any homework data to guess location either.'

<Jessica> "They'd probably have to use smaller animals to start with I guess... assuming that's how they get them in the first place..." Jess chewed her lip, scribbling down a reply. 'I guess I'm going to have to start asking questions and pretending I actually like what they're getting up to here.'

<Broo> "Oh... you think they're using live animal testing to do make them?" he asked, half concerned about the animal testing, and half worried about Jess. He wrote back 'What if they realize what you are up to? I do not want to lose my only friend here.'

<Jessica> "Well... there must be something organic in there - it needs to eat..." she gave a small shrug. 'I have to do something. My friends from school are being held here. There's ten of them and I have a feeling I know what she wants them for. I can't let them stay here. I need to get them out.'

<Broo> "Maybe they are just conditioned to eat." he said, hoping the animal testing conversation would turn out happier. He took the notepad, 'Can I help then? Please?'

<Jessica> "Hmm... maybe... but I don't think I want to starve Sharky and find out..." She gave the silvery corgi a cuddle before writing down her reply. 'If you think there's something you can do, go ahead. But be careful. I don't want to get you in trouble.'

<Broo> "Yeah... good point." he answered, and nodded with a fanged smile back at her in reply to her written remark.

<Jessica> She smiled and have him a hug, "I suppose I could just ask if you really want to know..."

<Broo> "I think it would put my mind at ease to know how they are made." he took the notepad. 'And maybe stop them if it is done by cruelty.'

<Jessica> "Okay, I'll ask next time I see Viper." 'And I'll ask about joining up. I think if I do that she'll be so happy I could ask her anything and she'd tell me the answer.'

<Broo> "Excellent. Now would you like a nice cup of tea?" he asked.

<Jessica> She gave him another smile, "Tea would be lovely, thank you." She tucked the notebook back into her pocket with the pen and petted the silver corgi again.