7/11 Instance: Are You My Mummy?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

7/11 Instance: Are You My Mummy?

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a day or two after Stark Love

<Shaw> Sebastian's fingers tapped on the plain folder tucked under his arm. This time, at least he was shaved, freshly showered, and more professionally clad. His mood, however, had not improved. Fury rolled his one good eye and clicked open the door.

<Shinobi> Shinobi, for his part, was not looking his best as prison, it seemed, did not agree with him one bit. Still he was shaved and putting on his best face as he glanced up to his visitor. "I wasn't expecting a second visit. You are one for surprises, aren't you?"

<Shaw> "Oh, I believe you are the surprise." Keeping his temper on a tight rein, Sebastian pulled out the chair on the other side of the bare table with a loud clang. He sat and took a moment to compose himself, watching the younger man with a tilt to his head.

<Shinobi> That seemed to please Shinobi as he visibly puffed up in his horrid jumpsuit, a smile spreading across his face. "Really now? And why is this?"

<Shaw> He flipped open the folder and pushed it toward Shinobi, turning it around with one smooth motion. He didn't say a word, watching his face for a reaction.

<Shinobi> Sliding it closer once it was in reach, Shinobi leaned over to read whatever treat Sebastian had provided him with. "Well then, I'm glad you brought this over for me to see. I am surprised you didn't merely keep this to yourself." The puffed up appearance wasn't going away just yet.

<Shaw> Sebastian rolled his eyes, then smirked. "It's still impossible, so we're not quite through with the testing. I suggest you build a rapport with the research physician."

<Shinobi> "And why is that? Your denial runs so deeply that I must submit to testing on your behalf?" Shinobi leafed through the papers. "I suppose I've no choice in the matter as it is."

<Shaw> "No, you do not." He bared teeth. "My denial runs deeply primarily because if you are close to the age you claim, you recently killed your own mother." Not that this explained his ethnicity in any way, but it was worth the logical fallacy to watch his reaction.

<Shinobi> "That seems...highly unlikely." Shinobi had the same reason for pointing that out as Shaw realized but that didn't mean he could avoid squirming in his chair. Squirm he did and he looked down as well, momentarily unable to meet Shaw's eyes.

<Shaw> "Now, son," he said, the word dripping with false sympathy. "Why don't you tell me everything you know about your family history. Those niggling little details you refused to share during our last visit."

<Shinobi> Now it was time for Shinobi to deflate. He had a good reason to avoid that line of questioning...because he didn't have any answers whatsoever and, quite frankly, that rankled him. "I have." The pride seemed to run out of him as he admitted the fact.

<Shaw> Sebastian's eyes narrowed as he looked for the ruse. Finding none, he drummed his fingers on the table. "Well, you had to have, at some point, learned of your connection to me. When and how did that happen?"

<Shinobi> "I was first put on the path by Dr. Essex, however, I did have some contact with Harry Leland. We have similar powers, after all, so he was another possibility that I came to dismiss after discovering you." He answered somewhat in a sulk. This was simply not going how he would prefer it to go.

<Shaw> For an uncomfortably long time, Sebastian just stared at Shinobi. "Essex," he snarled, punching the table with enough force to dent it and scatter the papers. Now he had his suspicions of what was going on here.

<Shinobi> "I don't care for the furnishings here either but they generally seem to frown terribly when I act on my feelings."

<Shaw> "As you seem to share my genes, I'll forgive your mouth, but now is not the time to be glib." He leaned forward over the papers. "Essex worked for Nur. How did you come to Nur's... attention?"

<Shinobi> "I was introduced to him early in the process when we were first constructing the headquarters through my association with Dr. Essex. I've known him for some time." He nudged the papers towards Sebastian now, assuming they were finished with that part of the business.

<Shaw> He seethed silently for a moment. "And how, pray tell, did you go from SHIELD custody to the stage at the Democratic presidential debate?"

<Shinobi> Sebastian was given another blank face. "I recall being incarcerated by SHIELD in my initial detainment but after the trial we were not held by SHIELD. I am afraid I've not been able to provide very complete evidence about where I was, however."

<Shaw> That corroborated with what Fury had told him and he sighed, running his hand over his face. He knew there were a myriad of things that Fury wasn't telling him, but a form of mental conditioning had been mentioned. "Where did you grow up, boy? You didn't spring fully formed from Nur's mind."

<Shinobi> "Nebraska." That was another thing that Shinobi did not appreciate admitting to. After all, there was nothing good about Nebraska.

<Shaw> Opening his mouth to comment, he thought better of it and shook his head. Of course. There were still a thousand questions he needed to ask, but there was a more pressing matter. Reaching into his breast pocket, he pulled out several photographs and dropped them on top of the folder. "Do you recognize this woman?"

<Shinobi> He answered with a shake of his head. "Well, she's certainly not a possibility for my mother now."

<Shaw> "Her name is Jessica Drew," he said, ignoring the comment and gritting his teeth. "She's missing, and conveniently she disappeared the day before your little stroll through midtown. If you know anything about what happened to her, now is the time to share this information."

<Shinobi> "I don't recognize her and I cannot recall the name being mentioned before." Shinobi reached to pick one of the pictures up. "Important to you?"

<Shaw> He glared at him, almost not wanting him to so much as touch her photo. Sebastian leaned forward, voice dropping to a deadly whisper. "If anything happens to her, and I discover you had any connection to it, there is nothing in this world that will save you from me."

<Shinobi> "In that case I've nothing to worry about." He held the picture out to him, amused at the fact that he had managed to earn that glare.

<Shaw> "For your sake, I hope you're right, boy." Head tilted, he just stared, watching, waiting.

<Shinobi> "Will we be having these little visits often, then?" Shinobi asked, not quite as casually as he would have liked.

<Shaw> He smirked. "Perhaps." Reaching over, he plucked the photo from Shinobi's hand and looked at it. It was a mistake, as it made him soften.

<Shinobi> He relaxed back into his seat as he saw Sebastian's expression. He didn't know a thing about this Drew woman so he would be safe on that front. "Is there anyone else i should be concerned about you seeking retribution for?"

<Shaw> This time the mistake was Shinobi's, and his eyes hardened. "I haven't forgotten about Madelyne." He gathered the folder and the photographs.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 7/11 Instance: Are You My Mummy?

Post by steyn »

I'm confused, so he is Shaw's kid?
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

*cackles at the delicious confusion*

:eeevil

Oh, it makes me happy.
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PanicSwitch »

I vote for the 'Stolen Genetic Material' theory or Cloning theory :shifty
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7