7/7 Instance: Destroy Them With Lasers!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

7/7 Instance: Destroy Them With Lasers!

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Hisako: Slicing a paper door in two, Hisako darted down the wood paved corridor keeping the brim of her straw hat low as she approached the dark stone wall of the castle annexe.

Hisako: A curse left her lips as she cast aside the amber construct in her hand, the psionic blade shattering like glass and fading from existence without a sound. She raised her fist, leaping forth and summoning her glowing armor form.

Hisako: With an almight crash and a flash of orange, she tore through, the giant armor frame landing crouched with her floating inside, puppeting the constructs' every move.

Danger: "Impressive, albeit lacking in grace," Danger commented, expecting the student from her vantage point high up on the castle's inner walls. The female robot had adjusted her form to match Hisako's outfit, down to a wide-brimmed metallic hat, emanating a soft cyan glow.

Danger: "An approach I would have expected rather from Miss Kusuma than you," she added, both the tone and estimated effects of her words carefully calculated. "Perhaps you two have more in common than I thought."

Hisako: "I am trying to broad my understanding.", Hisako responded, floating gracefully down to the ground and bringing her left hand to her side. In a yellow flash, her force blade re-appeared against the hold sash around her waist.

Hisako: Stepping slowly closer, she backed into her stance, hand grasping her sword, "After you, senpai..."

Danger: "Gladly... if you want to see this ended so quickly," Danger replied, readying her own blade, formed as an integral part of her right arm. Calculating the angle of her descent, she leaped off her vantage point and dove towards the Japanese student, sword raised above her head, ready to strike.

Hisako: "Nameru ja nai, senpai...", Hisako smirked to herself, releasing her blade and stepping back. Both of her hands went up, armor flickering to life around her body as she caught Danger's sword in its grip.

Danger: "Clever, even though somewhat predictable," Danger commented, her sword quickly retracting into arm to free herself from Hisako's grip. She dropped to the ground in front of her opponent, rearming herself by extending two smaller blades emerging from her forearms. "And easily countered by those flexible enough."

Hisako: Leaping backwards, Hisako reached for her sword, spining and drawing it just enough to deflect Danger's second strike.

Hisako: "Is Melati also saying 'come at me, bra'?", she taunted, pushing and jumping backwards, her blade snapping back into its glowing scabbard.

Danger: "No," Danger replied, assessing her opponent for a split second, before moving in for another attack. "She prefers to use stronger insults in her attempts to taunt me." Slicing through the concrete floor with one blade to throw up a could of dust, she feinted and struck with the other from a different angle.

Hisako: Hisako winced as she saw the dust cloud bellow upwards, instinct telling her that where she was stood was dangerous. Crouching, she used her power to leap upwards, gracefully drawing her sword and flipping around in the air.

Hisako: Drawing the sword back, her armor glowed almost red as dozens of glaives spawned around her; slicing with her sword they fell, crashing into the ground.

Danger: Danger calculated the risk posed by each of Hisako's strikes, parrying some of the glowing blades, dodging other, and allowing the rest the cut into her metallic frame where they wouldn't cause any significant damage. Sparks flying, she whirled around to ready herself for a counter-attack.

Danger: "You display great aptitude when it comes to defending yourself from conventional attacks," she commended the student. "Would you like me to add further challenge?" Without waiting for a reply, the robot folded her left blade back into her arm and replaced it with large-tipped arrows.

Hisako_: Hisako glided downwards, somersaulting in the air and pushing herself back with both feet. In a final, fluid backflip she landed, taking a few deep breaths to calm her heart. She knew her limits, and multiple constructs were difficult to keep going.

Hisako_: Her armor's hue faded to a light yellow as she crouched down, nodding to Danger, "Hit me.",

Danger: Danger gave the student a curious look, while keeping the arrows trained at her opponent. "I'm wondering if that attitude is just confidence, or a hitherto unknown masochistic streak. Either way, you asked, and I'll gladly comply." She fired three of the arrows, each one tipped with a small but powerful explosive.

Danger: Although not strong enough to threaten Hisako's armor, the bright flash and loud explosion should be enough to shake the young mutant, especially at such close proximity.

Hisako: Hisako's first instinct was to hardern her armor - the construct glowing red as she did so - in order to take the hit. The first arrow detonated against the constructs shoulder, sending the girl inside staggering backwards. She held out a hand to steady her balance, gripping her blade again and slicing the second arrow out of the air.

Hisako: The explosion from the second was enough to send her staggering backwards again, the third arrow caught by her constructs hand and pushed aside, detonating and sending her rolling over.

Hisako: Her armor pushed itself up, the girl floating inside it turning to her opponent with a nervous smile, "That was...pretty good!", she admitted, getting back up and into her stance slowly, dreading more of the same punishment.

Danger: "I'm glad you think that way," Danger remarked, her articulated lips forming a faint smirk. "Apparently finding a lesson entertaining greatly contributes to the learning progress of the student." Taking a running start towards Hisako, she fired the remaining arrows, while preparing her other arm for another attack at point blank range.

Danger: Her other hand bent behind her back, the edged sword shifted into a hammer-shaped impactor, cackling with an electric charges. Exploiting the explosive arrows as a distraction, she brought the hammer down on Hisako with a powerful swing.

Hisako: Doing her best to dodge the arrows and their explosions, Hisako ended up hopping around, crouching and twisting to dodge. Catching Danger out of the corner of her eye, she squatted down, eyes burning red as she launched her armor's fist as hard as she could into the hammer.

Danger: A bright flash of light preceded a deafening explosion, the shockwave kicking up a thick wave of debris. Had it not been for Hisako's glowing armor, Danger would have been concerned that the shrapnel from her arm might have hurt the student as it was torn apart by the energy feedback.

Danger: Reeling from the strike, the female robot steadied herself again, slightly bent over as she adjusted her balance to compensate for the destroyed, smoldering limb. "A bold move," she commented. "Not without its risk, but undeniable effective."

Hisako: The light from the blast made Hisako close her eyes tight, covering them with her other hand as she pushed away, sliding to a halt. Her armor faded away as she looked up, rubbing her temple where the slightest twinge of a headache pinched within her head.

Hisako: "The best defence sometimes is offence.", she nodded, steadying herself and taking on an unarmed stance, "You have to admit that I got better since meeting Ryu Ogun like I said?"

Danger: "This should be proof enough," Danger replied, raising her right arm, sparks flying from the blackened wreck, "but if my approval means so much to you... yes, you have made some considerable improvements." Flexing her left hand, long talons extended from her fingers. "This should not be an excuse for over-confidence, however."

Hisako: Hisako scoffed, steeling herself for another round, "You think you need to tell me this?", she shook her head, smiling a little, "You think too little of me, senpai!"

Danger: "We shall see about this," Danger replied, returning Hisako's smile. She launched herself forward the next moment, winding up her left arm as if to prepare for a strike. Instead of taking a swipe at the student, however, the claws on her fingers were ejected from the tips, turning into sharp darts shot at her opponent.

Hisako: "N-nani!?", Hisako blinked, reaching back with her left hand and bringing her armor up again. She threw forward a shell-shaped construct, attempting to deflect the needles from afar as her other hand formed a spear, preparing to stab.

Danger: Danger deflected the spear with her arm, right before raising her leg to give the young mutant a strong kick to the glowing armor above her chest. "If that was your intended counter, I might have to retract my earlier statement about your progress," she commented, deliberately taunting the student now.

Hisako: With a muttered curse, Hisako went back with the force of the kick, sliding to a halt and raising both her hands. She let loose a loud cry as her force katana re-appeared, striking downwards in a furious crimson arc.

Danger: Displaying the increased reaction time of a digital mind, Danger sidestepped the attack and turned, revealing the fact that her previously destroyed arm had reformed in the form of an intricate gun. With Hisako off balance, she extended the weapon and took careful aim within a split-second.

Danger: The hum of electric devices powering up was followed by the sharp crack of the discharge, the tight laser beam super-heating the air it passed through. Passing through the Japanese Girl's glowing armor as if it weren there, it cut a small arc next to her face with pin-point accuracy.

Danger: The only thing hit was a strand of black hair, neatly sliced off and drifting towards the ground.

Hisako: The panic registered in Hisako's mind before she hit the ground. The heat of the light beam warming her cheek as she fell, hitting the floor and scrambling to her feet, turning towards Danger with wide eyes; how had that gotten through!? Her armor was invincible!

Hisako: As she backed away her mind considered how the beam was able to do what it had done. She pondered how her power worked: psionic barriers that radiated photons....a laser was just super-heated photons...

Hisako: She gasped: of course her psionic barriers let in light! Lasers were light! With a low growl, she fired up her armor again; maybe if she focussed her armor on a single point, she could stop it...

Danger: Danger arched an artificial eyebrow and slightly tilted her head, while keeping the weapon arm trained on Hisako. "Now would be the appropriate moment to yield," the robot informed the student. "I have just proven that my attacks can bypass your defense, the weapon pointed at you fires at the speed of light, and my reaction time is orders of magnitude above yours."

Danger: "To borrow a term from the other game we like to play with each other... checkmate." Pausing for a moment, Danger studied her opponent, scanning her reactions. "If you insist on a demonstrations, however..."

Hisako: Hisako clenched her jaw, tensing her fists as she watched Danger, impossibly still with her weapon raised at the Japanese girl. With a low sigh, she let her shoulders fall, lowering her hands and releasing her focus on her armor construct.

Hisako: The amber golem encasing her faded away, leaving Hisako to slowly get down on her knees, placing both hands before herself and bowing her head as the weight of her loss keprt her down, eyes pinned to the ground.

Danger: Danger watched the student with interest and some astonishment. "Not that I don't appreciate the gesture, but a simple 'well played' would have sufficed, as well," she commented, lowering her weapon. She tilted her head to the side. "Are you hurt? My medical scanners don't show any injuries."

Hisako: "Just 'orz'.", Hisako sniggered, looking up at Danger with a wry smirk, "To think I lost so easilly...what an obvious weakness!", she stood, dusting herself off and sighing, "To think I was scared of Kusuma-senpai's claws, but now a big flashlight can kill me!"

Danger: "If it's any consolation, that big flashlight is actually a fairly intricate example of cutting edge technology, and is capably of killing nearly anyone." Danger's weaponized arms gradually shifted back into their normal forms. "I assumed you would still prefer to learn of this limitation to your powers in here with me, where only your pride might take a hit, instead of the field."

Hisako: Hisako nodded in agreement, "Of course, I know.", she assured her tutor, "Better now than if I fight a mutant with laser powers and get turned into toast...", she shuddered, "B-but suupah kawaii toast!", she laughed, scratching her head.

Danger: "Should you ever get burnt into a solid crisp, I will mention that you would have liked to be put on public display for everyone to adore your cuteness," Danger commented, ending the program and letting the ruined Edo style castle vanish. "More so than our strengths, we must know our weaknesses, because we don't have to guard ourselves against the former."

Hisako: "Hai hai!", Hisako jumped to attention, giving Danger a salute and sighing again, "I hope people don't say 'oooh, Hisa-chan! You say you are sooooo tough, but you can die with lasers!'...",

Danger: "As I've said, I can't think of many students at this school who could claim the same wouldn't apply to them," Danger assured the student in her own way. "Even someone such as Miss Kincaid would sustain considerable damage from repeated hits by such a weapon, and she is one of the most physically resilient mutants known to me."

Hisako: With another nod, Hisako stretched a little, "Well, I will have to make sure that I keep this in my mind. Arigatou, senpai!"

Danger: "Don't mention it," Danger replied, slightly bowing her head. A crooked smirk moved the corner of her mouth. "Getting to try out new weapons designs on Xavier's students is its own reward." Her mechanical voice provided a soft chuckle.

Hisako: Hisako gasped, giving her tutor a friendly nudge, "You know, maybe I should worry you are going to try and take over this school again!"

Danger: "Now you are on to my secret, dear Hisako." Danger stepped over to the mutant girl and raised a hand, gently placing a metallic finger against the skin of her chin. "I hope I can ensure your silence by offering you a leading position among my organic servants."

Hisako: Blushing a little, Hisako blinked at Danger, not wholly convinced she wasn't a little bit serious in her jest. With an intrigued smirk, she nodded, "Alright, senpai.", she winked, "You have a deal."

Hisako: Her hand met Danger's, curling around the chrome appendage and lowering it slowly, "But do not touch my idiot...."

Danger: "I was not aware you kept your own jester," Danger commented, arching an eyebrow as she lowered her hand. "I thought that was an outdated custom."

Hisako: "Well, I do.", Hisako shrugged, "N-Not that I like him or anything...", she hastened to add, "He just is funny.",

Hisako: Turning towards the door, she made her way towards it, waving at Danger, "Well, I should go! So goodbye, senpai!"

Danger: "I'll be seeing you," Danger replied, watching the student leave. "And give your funny jester my regards." She proceeded to return to her own tasks.

Hisako: Skipping outside, Hisako turned, back against the wall as she took a deep breath. She was happier than she thought she should be, the grin across her face making her cheeks ache just a little bit.

Hisako: She looked up, catching her reflection on the Danger Room's door and raising an eyebrow; was she blushing?

Hisako: With a scoff, she stood up, adjusting her training gi and departing to the changing rooms. What a ridiculous thought...