7/7 Instance: Burning the Bacon

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

7/7 Instance: Burning the Bacon

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined before A Bus to Catch

Walt: Walt made a face at the package of bacon Fabian was holding from where he was standing at the stove, poking at his scrambled eggs with a spatula. "You're not planning on putting that stuff in this skillet, are you?"

Fabian: Fabian looked up for a moment and had a bit of a chuckle. "Are you suggesting I would share right now? No, bacon shall be mine, all mine. I just need to...not liquify it this time."

Callie: Callie staggered into the kitchen. "Oh, hi guys!" She tried to say brightly, but her beeline for the coffee pit belied the fact that she was a little hungover.

Walt: Walt let out a wheezy laugh. "You're worse than me. Even I learned how to cook some things and my mom was a stay-at-home mom." He glanced up at the appearance of one of the two pink girls that went to this school. "Hi... Caaallie," he said, hoping that was right.

Jean: Jean wasn't hung over, but she unfortunately had volunteered to go find breakfast for her and Jamie. Twinkies. She needed them.

Callie: She gave Walt an odd look at his pronunciation of her name. But there was coffee. hot and black. She sat at the table with the her mug. "So, what are you all doing up so early? Or is it late?"

Fabian: Maybe baking bacon would be safer. Fabian grabbed a cookie sheet and started laying the lovely strips of pig out. "I've given up sleep. It saves me time."

Jean: "Jamie and I rock, paper, scissored." Jean realized Fabian was making bacon and made a beeline there.

Sue: Sue wandered down to the kitchen in search of tea and whatever cereal her hand landed on first. "Morning..." she mumbled to everyone in there before yawning widely.

Fabian: Fabian saw Jean's interest. He realized what he was about to do and shuddered but he asked anyway. "Would you happen to know how to make this without it turning into surprise goo?"

Walt: "I don't feel as t-tired as I used to anymore," Walt admitted, keeping a close eye on his eggs in case they decided to burn on him. Funnily enough, ever since he'd come off his meds he'd had far more energy than he used to...on the other hand though he often felt jittery, so maybe it wasn't such a good thing.

Jean: "....how did you make it into goo?" Jean was perplexed by this.

Callie: "I like my bacon crispy!" Callie called, now slightly more alert, at least until the caffeine hit her system, at the coffee machine making more for everyone.

Fabian: "I'm magic." Fabian replied and just barely kept himself from point out the fact Walt wasn't tired was because he wasn't on sedatives anymore.

Jean: "Like... did you try to put it in a blender?" Jean was still confused and decided nibbling on the end of a lock of hair might help her think better. "My mom fries it, but, like, I've seen on cooking shows where they put it in the oven."

Fabian: "No, just a skillet. Like I said, maaaagic." He gave her some jazz-hands and slid the sheet on into the oven.

Sue: "It's healthier grilled... but fried is tasty." Sue nodded sagely.

Walt: Walt glanced around anxiously. There were a lot of people in here - enough that his stomach did a small flip - and the room wasn't that big, he noticed. All of a sudden he felt tense and ready to bolt...but his eggs weren't done yet and he couldn't just run out without looking weird so he stayed put.

Hope: "What are we grilling?" Hope asked as she came into the kitchen, plopping herself down in a chair.

Jean: "Healthy... who cares about healthy?" Jean noticed Fabian's roommate and leaned on the counter to give him a smile. "Hi, Walty!"

Fabian: "Babies." Fabian replied automatically to Hope's question.

Sue: "When I was training, I cared about healthy..." Sue sat down at the table with her cereal.

Hope: "Sweet. Dip mine in sweet and sour sauce."

Fabian: "Do you want an Asian baby or would that be racist?"

Callie: "Bacon is not supposed to be healthy."

Hope: "Totally racist. Gosh Fabian. You can't just ask someone if they want an Asian baby!"

Sue: "Well no, but that's not the point... it's always tasty."

Fabian: "Isn't that what a lot of adoption agencies do when celebrities are coming in?"

Walt: "Hi J-Jean," Walt said, eyes darting to her briefly. "It's j-just Walt, thanks." God, it was hot in here, he must have turned the element on too high or something.

Hope: "Good question. Why don't we dress up as a young celebrity couple and go find out. You think anyone would give us a baby?" Hope was intrigued by this research.

Sue: "I think you're already a celebrity, Hope... might want to be careful who you take if it's not Johnny."

Hope: "Damn.... though that could work too! Who would give Johnny a kid?!" Hope grinned.

Fabian: "Nobody would give me a baby that should have the power to give a baby in the first place. Would anyone here give me a kid?"

Hope: "No." Hope said quickly, going to the cabinet for a snack until the bacon was ready. "I would not."

Jean: "Nope!" Jean responded over her shoulder to Fabian, and gave Walt another grin.

Sue: "Hopefully no one would be crazy enough to give Johnny a kid..." Sue eyed Hope suspiciously, "You included."

Hope: "I will give him allll the babies," Hope waggled her eyebrows at Sue.

Sue: "Nooooo! I'm going to have to follow you home invisible and make sure!"

Callie: "Ugh, babies. It's too early for this."

Hope: "That's kind of weird Sue... you don't watch your siblings having sex. Gross!"

Walt: "Maybe your girlfriend would?" Walt said to Fabian, kneading at his chest to try and break up the sudden knot above his heart. "Uhm...never-mind that might be an awkward conversation to have. Better wait a few years."

Jean: All this talk reminded Jean she needed to take her pill, and she checked her pockets, brushing up against Walt in the process.

Fabian: "While I would make awesome kids we're going to be sticking with bacon this morning." He waved the package at Walt teasingly before tossing it away.

Sue: "Maybe whose girlfriend would do what now?"

Walt: Walt flinched as Jean brushed past him. "Err...Fabian's girlfriend," he said distractedly. "He asked...w-who would give him...uhm...sorry, I don't feel that great." He really didn't, the ache in his chest had spread through his entire body.

Fabian: "What? Has the thought of me breeding made you lose your appetite?"

Jean: "Oh, sorry," Jean said, putting her hand on his shoulder. "I just lost my balance. You okay?"

Hope: "Made all of us lose our appetite."

Sue: Sue pointed at Hope, "This."

Walt: Walt pulled his arm away. "Yeah, I'm f-fine...I'm probably j-just coming down with something." God he felt awful though, like his entire body was being...stretched. "Uhm...I'm just going to take my s-stuff upstairs." He had to get out of here. This room was closing in on him.

Walt: He picked up the skillet and began transferring his food onto the plate he'd set out earlier...when he caught sight of his hand with the elongated fingers and beginnings of claws. He dropped the skillet with a shout, sending it and the plate crashing to the floor.

Jean: Jean jumped and screeched. "Oh my God! Shit! You're gonna burn yourself!"

Sue: Sue yelped in surprise and vanished from sight.

Hope: All the shouting made Hope jump and spin around, hands already iced over.

Callie: Callie slopped hot coffee over the rim of her mug. "Oh shit! Walt, Jean! Are you guys okay?"

Fabian: Fabian jumped back with a quickness. "Have a little gravity fail there, hmm?"

Walt: Walt scrambled back, slamming into one of the cabinets, eyes fixed on his hands. Both now warped into something resembling more a monster's than a man's. "Oh God," he hissed, beginning to shake. He thought he had more time! The meds shouldn't have worn off this quickly! "I d-don't...I c-can't!"

Sue: Sue slowly came back into view, getting up from her seat, "Um...?"

Fabian: Oh. Oh. "Breathe, Walt, breathe. You panicking over it is just going to make it worse for you."

Hope: "Wondered how your power worked..." Hope shrugged and hopped onto the counter with a pack of oreos.

Jean: Jean screamed for an entirely different reason now, pushing Walt away from her with her teke and scrambling for the other side of the room.

Callie: Callie ducked behind the island. "Just stay calm!" she called unhelpfully.

Hope: Hope munched on an oreo, watching intently.

Walt: Walt was breathing. It was just coming in and out too quickly to actually do anything for him. He yelped as some force threw him back hard into the cabinet. "I d-don't have t-the things...the p-patches!" he said, cowering now.

Sue: Instinctively, Sue spread an invisible forcefield between Walt and the squishy kitchen occupants (basically everyone but Hope). "You don't need the patches... just calm down..."

Hope: "Dude, chill... I can chill you. Oooorrrr we can go to the medlab and see Scottums."

Fabian: "You've got to work this out for yourself eventually. May as well give it a go now, right?"

Callie: "Not with us in here with him, you idiot!" Callie hissed. Whatever his mutation was, if his hands were anything to go by, it wasn't going to be good.

Sue: "We're fine," Sue smiled, "Forcefields. We'll be perfectly safe... can't really say the same for the kitchen..."

Walt: It was a bit late to calm down at this point. Walt slid to the floor as his legs buckled from the shaking. "I c-can't! Not a-again! Not like t-this! They'll t-take me away again! I don't w-want to die in a cell!" He cried out as he caught sight of the beginnings of white fur began to spread out on his hands.

Sue: "What the hell is he going on about?" Sue looked to the others, "No one's going to take you anywhere."

Hope: Hope gave him an odd look. "Nobody is going to lock you up. Maybe knock you out...." she trailed off, knowing she wasn't helping.

Jean: Jean managed to calm herself down as well and edged over to Sue, adding her teke to the bubbles. "There... double bagged now."

Sue: Sue giggled, "Extra safe."

Hope: "Dude, Walt, stop freaking out and focus on what you are doing. You can control it."

Fabian: "Walt, nobody's going to put you in a cell. Forget that, okay? This is what this place is for. Can you make it to somewhere less easily destroyed though? The Danger Room?"

Jean: Jean licked her lips and bounced from foot to foot. "Um... you want me to try to see if I can help you find the off switch in your head?"

Sue: "I can run and get a doctor with a tranq gun....?" Sue offered, "If Jean can manage him on her own with the bubbles..."

Jean: She shot Sue a slightly panicked look, but then nodded. "Y-yeah, I can do that... like, probably not both at once, but you know, one or the other? Maybe?"

Sue: "I'm sure Hope can help you out of she wants to borrow my powers...." Sue cast a glance at Hope, "I'll be as quick as I can..."

Walt: Walt wasn't even listening anymore, completely lost in his own terror....until Jean said something about using her powers on him again. "DON'T YOU TOUCH ME! he snarled, his voice distorted and teeth sharpening into needle-like points. "I DON'T NEED ANYTHING FROM YOU...YOU FREAKS!"

Callie: "Go, go go!" She waved at Sue.

Sue: "Going!" Sue dashed for the door.

Fabian: Fabian looked upward for patience but found none. This was exactly the kind of behaviour he had thought was just under the surface of Walt. "If he gets too out of control I can burn him out."

Jean: "OH MY GOD, DUDE! JUST CHILL!" Jean screeched at his weird voice and OMG he was turning into that thing from Star Wars!

Hope: "Might be a good idea, Fabian. Or I can."

Callie: "Well, someone do something, or both of you. He's getting worse."

Fabian: "Give him some time, I want to see if he can reel this in." Fabian did step back though. His nerves weren't made from steel, after all, and had all ready taken a hell of a hit recently.

Walt: "Why are you all looking at me? Stop looking at me!" Walt covered his eyes as they began to glow. "Hiding behind glass just like Huxley did!" He keened, his cries moving into higher and higher pitched frequencies as he grew more hysterical.

Jean: Jean tried to stop herself from hyperventilating, holding up both hands to help her concentrate on holding the teke shielding around him.

Hope: Hope kept Bobby's power active, keeping her eyes on Walt just to be safe.

Fabian: "Screw it, he's too far gone." Fabian gave up and started pushing his energy up, careful not to go too far but ready to force him to pass out once it was too much.

Walt: Walt's screams grew more frantic as he felt a hard jolt surge through his body. Flailing wildly, he dug huge furrows in the cabinets with his claws as he tried to stand. "I don't want to be like this! I know what all of you are trying to do here - but it won't work! I won't let you turn me into a freak like all of you!"

Hope: Said the giant fur-ball. Hope crunched on another cookie, shooting Fabian a worried glance. "Need help?"

Fabian: "I'm just making sure I don't kill him." Fabian admitted, continuing his feed. "Although, I do think I might drop him for a bit longer if he continues like this."

Walt: "I won't..." The glow in his eyes faded and he began stagger. "I won't let…you." He mumbled as his eyes rolled back into his skull and he collapsed onto the floor.

Fabian: Once he dropped though Fabian did stop. "So...I sort of want to dump food colouring all over him...but I suppose the med lab is more appropriate?"

Jean: Jean's face was screwed up with concentration, both hands out as she tried to hold him in place... and then... nothing. She eeped and staggered.

Hope: "Weeeellllll whose to say the food colouring didn't fall on him on the way?"

Fabian: "Are you okay, Jean?" Fabian looked over as he heard the eeping. "...I believe you're right, Hope, no telling what happened while he was freaking out."

Jean: "Oh my God, guys! Really?"

Fabian: "You can make a smilie face on his back?"

Walt: Walt eyes flickered. "...Julien?" he whispered. "I didn't mean to hurt anyone...I didn't-" he grit his teeth as tears began to seep down his face "-I never meant for anyone to die."

Hope: "There's some pink food colouring," Hope offered, digging through the box of food colouring. "I mean.... for the cookies..." She eyed Walt.

Jean: "Oh shit!" Jean straightened up and threw her shields back into place.

Callie: "You guys are horrible. Nobody's hurt, Walt. Just scared."

Hope: "We're delightful," Hope corrected. "Alright there, Walt? Want a cookie?"

Fabian: "Sorry, no Julian here." Fabian replied. "And unless you've done some damage to your clothing and we should possibly all turn away when you get up everything's good."

Jean: "The cabinets don't count. The claw marks just add, um, character!"

Walt: Walt sniffed. "Myra?" he said, eyes drifting to Callie. "I'm sorry...I tried…don't let them take me away?"

Hope: "Nobody is taking you anywhere..." Hope hopped down from the counter with her package of oreos.

Fabian: "Oh like it's the first time they've been clawed." Fabian waved that concern away. "We should probably consider getting you to your dorm if you like, Walt."

Hope: "Or the medlab... but only places you want to go."

Walt: Walt covered his face one of his arms, ashamed that he'd been reduced to this: sobbing on the floor for his older brother and a doctor that had shown him some kindness but unable to stop blubbering like the baby he was.

Fabian: Fabian, sighing, stepped forward and attempted to help Walt up. "Come on now, lets get you out of here...someone save my bacon?"

Hope: "I will rescue it! But you'll never see it again."

Walt: He dragged himself up with Fabian's help, leaning his broader frame against him heavily. "I'm sorry...I called you the wrong name again," he said distantly.

Callie: "I'll save you some. Feel better, Walt."

Walt: "Thanks... Clarice," Walt wheezed, getting her name wrong in the confusion as he was led out.

Callie: Callie gave him a salute. "No prob."