7/2 Instance: Come Clean

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

7/2 Instance: Come Clean

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: A day after "Personal Maintenance".

Hisako: Sitting alone in the gardens surrounding the school, Hisako sipped her tea in silence only broken by tiny birds in the bushes and trees around her.

Hisako: The small area she was sat in wasn't used often; a quaint pool surrounded by foliage and traced with a gray stone path. The only person she'd seen in the area before was Clarice, and considering the area looked a lot like a Buddhist peace garden, it wasn't a surprise.

Hisako: With a soft smile, the raven-haired girl took a soft, deep breath, closing her eyes and giving the sword resting on the ground beside her a little nudge with her leg. Blissful tranquility.

Melati: "So here you're hiding." Melati was still some distance away when she spoke up. "Took me a while to find you." She approached with leisured steps, the large mansion behind her back. Her hands rested in the pockets of her studded leather jacket, the buckles on her boots jingling as she walked.

Hisako: "Implying I was hiding.", Hisako said quietly, turing towards the origin of the voice and lowering her cup slowly into her lap, "I have no need to hide."

Melati: "How come?" Melati asked, slowing her pace as she got closer to the sitting student. Her tail curled idly behind her, befitting her relaxed body language. "The other day you were pretty certain I was out to kill you." She stood still, pausing to look down at Hisako. "Remember?"

Hisako: Hisako turned away again, sipping her tea, "You attempted to because you had little to no self control.", she shrugged, "You failed. I defended myself when I need to. Unless you say I need to again?",

Melati: Melati took her eyes of the other girl and turned her head away, looking into the distance with a contemplative expression on her face. "Nah, no need to," she replied a moment later, shaking her head. "I gotta admit, the idea of handing you a well-deserved beating is damn tempting, but even I know better than to toy with a psycho."

Melati: "I had to burn my fingers a couple times, but I think I finally learned that lesson." A tiny smirk appeared on the corner of her mouth.

Hisako: Remaining silent for a moment, Hisako considered her words, "So, you call me a 'psycho'. Because I defended myself...", her brow furrowed a little, "...I almost thought I went to far with your hand. Now I see I should have cut ears instead."

Hisako: She turned to Melati again, "It is clear that you listen only to the idiot talk others tell you. I wonder, if you actually think it was ok to attack someone?", with a little laugh, she nodded, "Oh, he would be proud of you!"

Melati: "You did not defend yourself." Melati's jaw tensed as she said those words, a low growl mingling into her voice. "You cut off my hand and mocked me." She took one hand out of her pocket to point a claw at Hisako. "It's that's your idea of defending yourself, it's obvious that you learned fuck all since coming here."

Melati: "And don't tell me that you seriously believed I was out to kill you." the reptilian mutant snarled. "If that were true, I'd be doing time for each of the barroom brawls I've been in before. So we both know that's bull and just an excuse."

Melati: "Did I want to give you a good smack for being insolent bitch? Damn right I did!" She huffed, raising her voice as she felt the anger flare up along with the memories of their last encounter. "Too bad I didn't leave you any choice but to draw blood to protect yourself. Oh wait, there was no need to, isn't that right, Armor?"

Hisako: "Melati...", Hisako placed her cup down, grasping her sword up off the ground as she stood slowly, "You have changed ever since you came back from things with Venom.", turning to the other girl, she raised her hand slowly, pointing a finger at the other girl's chest.

Hisako: "Something inside there has changed.", she said, eyes still on Melati's own, "Something about you is gone. You hide it with alcohol, meaningless sex, fighting your friends. What I did was prove a point...."

Hisako: She shook her head, "Even now, you attempt to blame me for hurting you. I won't lie; for a moment I thought you really would try and kill me, Melati Kusuma. And I do not belive you wouldn't. That did scare me."

Melati: "Oh, you think I've changed?" Melati asked, exaggerating the baffled look on her face. "Wow, now I know why everyone says you're one of the best students around here. But yeah, apparently watching your friends die or become killers themselves, while everything you do feels like fighting a loosing battle does tend to change people."

Melati: "And hey, turns out that having an inhuman monster force itself upon you, over again, while stripping away your last shred of dignity and self-respect, didn't make me a more cheerful person, either." She fell silent, fixing Hisako with a cold stare, before nodding her head in a mocking manner. "So thank you so much for proving that point to me by cutting off my fucking hand!"

Hisako: "Cry.", Hisako said plainly.

Melati: Melati just stared at her, as if she had just said something utterly outlandish. "Are you mocking me again?" she demanded to know, the muscles in her neck twitching as she bared her teeth at Hisako. "Is this some joke to you? Are you happy to see me suffer or something?"

Hisako: Hisako shook her head, "You run away all the time from everything you can't hit, or cut, or smash. You can't face the pain.", she approached Melati, throwing her scabarded blade over her shoulder, "Have the courage to admit you are hurt."

Hisako: She stopped a pace before Melati, "And stop pretending. Pretending that deep inside Susan Storm you will find peace, or at the bottom of a whiskey there is solace. Or that it is my fault. Or your fault."

Melati: Melati's chest heaved with each forced breath she took, her veins burning with inner fire as every beat of her heart echoed inside her ears. Her clawed fingers flexed repeatedly, clenching to form fists before she opened her hands again. Feral rage flared up behind amber, inhuman eyes, narrowing at the girl standing so close to her. #

Melati: "Apologize." She demanded, breaking the tense silence between them. "Just once step down from your high horse and admit you were out of line, then you'll get your answer."

Hisako: "You think I am ok with what I did?", Hisako shook her head again, "Of course I am sorry. I did not want to hurt you, but I really did think I would die."

Melati: Melati's sharp teeth ground against each other, the muscles in her clenched jaw so tense they started aching. Her expression frozen, she remained silent as she let the words sink in. She clung to her anger, even when its fire faded.

Melati: Her answer came in the form of a terse nod, her gaze meeting Hisako's eyes. Then she turned away, walked two steps, and sank to the ground not far from where the Japanese student had sat just before.

Melati: With her eyes focused into the distance, Melati struggled to find any words to say, only to have them slip away again. In the end, she remained silent.

Hisako: "There is no shame in being hurt.", Hisako sighed, returning to where she'd been sat before and settling down, resting her Samidare before herself, "I doubt my actions were the best, but why talk to a doctor if you want to fit a shelf?"

Hisako: She sighed again, "Maybe that isn't the best way to say...", shuffling around to face Melati, she raised a finger, "I don't think what I did was right, but I think it was better than doing what everyone else does: pretend their ignorance is better."

Melati: Melati slightly turned her head, actually looking at the girl sitting in front of her. "Goddamn, Hisako, you're really quite something, aren't you?" she said, her voice almost weak now, drained of resolve. She gave a dry, humourless chuckle. "I came here being pissed at you, and now you take me even that."

Melati: "I feel my anger is the only thing that I have left," she continued, struggling to get out the words. She fidgeted with her fingers, cracking her knuckles so hard they would change colour. "When its gone, there's nothing human left of me."

Hisako: "Wrong.", Hisako dismissed the notion with a word, "When it is gone, there is 'human' left. There is a hurt girl that you refuse to believe is even human.", she frowned, "That is your mistake."

Melati: Melati took a slow, deliberate breath and let out a sigh. Hisako's words rang true, and that was what upset her. She was entitled to her anger! Hadn't she suffered enough to earn it? "I come from a family of soldiers," she said. "When we get hurt, we fight harder."

Melati: "I'm... not the kind of person who talks about her feelings," she told the other girl, looking back at her.

Hisako: Hisako nodded, "It's my family's way too. Or my mother's way. And mine.", she admitted, "But what has that given? You lost May-chan as a friend, you don't feel better....you are on your knees in pain."

Melati: "You really know how to cheer people up," Melati commented, crooking an eyebrow as she gave Hisako a sideways look. "So what now? You want me to admit that I'm hurt? Yeah, I'm hurt." She turned her gaze towards the mansion. "I won't let me break it, though. I can't afford to. I owe it to the people who put their trust in me."

Melati: "So maybe you're right, and what I do won't make mend any wounds. It numbs the pain, though, and that'll have to do at the moment." She pressed her lips tightly together. "I'll heal in time. I always do."

Hisako: "To the determent of everyone around you?", Hisako tutted, "I thought you were a good leader, but this is not what a good leader does. You cannot function like this, and your arrogance will be the death of us all."

Hisako: She groaned, "You don't even wait until you are healed, you instead make bigger problems! The dissent in the ranks now is getting more, and you turn up to train hungover.", with a gesture of her wrist, she moved to catch Melati's eye;

Hisako: "You say 'treat training like a mission!', to us, and you come in like that.", Hisako let her hand fall, "That is not what a leader does."

Melati: Melati anger flared up once more, eyes narrowing as she glared at Hisako. "I will not let that happen," she insisted through gritted teeth. "I won't let any more of us get hurt." Now it was her turn to raise a finger. "Never doubt my resolve."

Melati: Her hand came back down to rest on her bent knee, and some of that fire faded from her eyes. "Not saying that you're wrong, though," she begrudgingly admitted, reaching down with her other hand to tear out some of the grass, tossing it aimlessly. "I acted like a damn rookie. It won't happen again."

Hisako: "You cannot promise that.", Hisako stated plainly, "Your record is that you say this, and then you put yourself in the fire again and again. I asked you not to go alone, but you did. May-chan asked you not to, but you did."

Hisako: The Japanese girl lifted her cup, "You have no tactical mind, and you ask people to follow you into battle...I will not pretend that I feel safe being led by someone who does not know their limits."

Hisako: Sipping tea in silence for a moment, she turned back to Melati, "You can think I'm 'heartless' or this 'psycho' if you want, but I am trying to be real...you understand?", the tone of concern she had desperately avoided for fear of not being listened to entered the last two words.

Melati: "Fucking hell, Hisako, you make it really hard not to punch you." Melati did not sound as if she was joking when she said that. "No wonder you carry that bloody sword with you all the time." She tried to keep her gaze averted for as long as she could, but in the end she just had to glare at the other student. "What more do you want from me?"

Melati: "Shall I grovel by your feet and thank you for telling me how worthless you believe me to be? Would that be enough, yeah?" She huffed and shook her head. "I was willing to listen to you, but I'm starting to believe that was a mistake."

Hisako: "To be real about this!", Hisako finally pleaded, "I want you to admit you need help! And I want to help, bakkano!", she grabbed Melati's shoulder, "I didn't mean to hurt you but if that is what I have to then I will!"

Melati: Melati inhaled and slowly let the air flow from her lungs, forcing herself to calm down again. "Maybe I do need help, but I'm not convinced you're the right person to give it," she told Hisako. "I'm sorry, but you seem to despise everything about me. Why should I believe you had any interest in helping me?"

Hisako: Hisako groaned, "You think I hate you because I am irritated by you...", she rolled her eyes, "I am so angry with you because if you only would LISTEN to me I could have helped with Venom!",

Hisako: She shook her head, "I can't believe you! You are so dense! Idiot! Why would I hate you!?"

Melati: "I don't know; maybe because I'm in charge and not you? In any case, your people skills suck worse than mine." Melati sighed and let her head drop. "Well, assuming you really wanted to help me, and assuming I'd let you..." She looked up at the other girl again. "What then?"

Hisako: "Stop being so self destructive, stop saying it is all my fault, or May-chan, or anyone.", Hisako pointed towards the mansion, "People there want to help you! Stop throwing it away because you think you know what is best."

Hisako: She got to her feet, taking her cup and her sword, "Just....do what you want. You still think I 'hate you' or whatever, then fine. Do so. You want to believe the idiots, then do that."

Hisako: Hisako paused, turning to Melati again for a moment, "You say it the best: we need a leader. Someone who has resolve and knows that they are not perfect. Someone who is strong, but not foolharding.", she shook her head, "That is not you. Not now."

Melati: "And who is? You?" A teasing smirk appeared on her features, before Melati looked away again. "Just for the record, I don't think you hate me. I think you're just an arrogant asshole. Perhaps you really want to help me, but right now you only make me hate myself even more."

Melati: "If that's your idea of helping, I think I'll rather stick to the other idiots." She offered the Japanese student a wry smile. "Thanks for trying, though."

Hisako: "Kuso...", Hisako cut her eye at Melati, "And yes, now you said it, I do think I am better. You clearly can't be now. Think I am arrogant? I just know that I am not anchor down by the same issues."

Hisako: With a sigh, Hisako hid her concern by looking away, "He hurt you, and that hurts me. Actually very badly. I guess you don't know how to say when you are hurting, do you(?)"

Melati: "I knew I should have punched you," Melati muttered under her breath, her jaw clenched. "And you already know the answer to that question." If Hisako didn't, the wet trail glistening on Melati's green-skinned cheek would make sure of that. She turned her head away and quickly wiped away the small drops.

Hisako: Standing motionless for a few moments, Hisako finally gave in; the truth was that she felt terrible for everything. Just like she was sure her mother did about their argument so many months ago.

Hisako: Deciding she was better than that woman - than she'd claimed Melati was currently - she knelt down, placing her sword and cup down as she embraced the other girl, and saying nothing.

Melati: Melati's first instinct was to squirm out of the embrace and push her away, the girl who had hurt her both physically and emotionally, but her attempts were half-hearted at best. She was too tired to be angry anymore, and too tired to fight with Hisako. As infuriating as her words may have been, they had struck some painful truths.

Melati: She let go of all the anger and tension, her pent up frustration freeing itself through the tears streaming down her cheeks. A clawed hand came up behind the Japanese student's back, grasping Hisako's dress as the green-skinned face buried itself in her shoulder. Melati surrendered to the embrace, loosing herself in the rush of emotions.

Hisako: Hisako remained silent, simply holding the other girl tight as she let go of her hurt. In her chest, she felt strange; almost as if she was trying to be someone else in this action or, concievably, wishing someone had been there for her this way.

Hisako: Rather than voice this, however, she rested her chin atop Melati's head, stroking her back softly.
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Re: 7/2 Instance: Come Clean

Post by Chaos »

Shhhh....just let yourself feel....
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

So basically, Hisako calls them idiots then does exactly what Sue does and just hugs Melati anyway? How is this different? Silly Hisako! :P
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Chaos »

Like the part where Hisako sleeps with her after she's been abu-... no, wait...

Waaaaait...
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Both of yous.
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Chaos »

I'm not about to sit here and pretend Bruce will do any different, tbf...

Huehuehuehuehue... :3
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Okay, well that was an attempt to be friendly while telling you both to knock it off.

So here's the real warning - now knock it off.
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Chaos »

It was a friendly joke, that last post. But as you wish.