6/30 Instance: Mental Cocktail

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

6/30 Instance: Mental Cocktail

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Elizabeth: Elizabeth paused out side the door, she hated doctors more then anything, as it had always been one after another with her. If they weren't taking stitches out they were changing her meds or asking her to talk about her feelings. It annoyed her with the invasions and made her more angry at herself for needing them.

Elizabeth: Sighing she put on a stoic face and pushed the door open, maybe today she could be brave enough for herself. "Dr McCoy?"

McCoy: The large, blue-furred mutant looked up from the display of his electronic microscope, a smile appearing on his broad face. "Elizabeth," he greeted the student. "Please come in. I'll be with you in a moment." Doctor McCoy pushed some buttons on the touchscreen, before getting up from his chair. "How are you feeling today?"

Elizabeth: It took a while for her to answer, normally she would've just lied but McCoy was a doctor and she didn't have to lie here. "Sick, exhausted and distracted as normal, what about you?" Hardly formal in her words as she stepped into the room and found a seat. "Came to get the stitches out."

McCoy: "I'm quite well, thank you for asking." McCoy took off his glasses to give them a quick wipe. "And I can't say that's surprising, all things considered." He put his glasses back on and pulled over a small stool. "Well, then let's have a look, shall we?"

Elizabeth: The sleeve of the loose top got rolled up to show the healing wounds on her arm, clean and sealing up nicely same with the one on her leg as the skirt got hitched up. "They itch like crazy, I assume thats normal cause last thing I want is like gangrene or something..."

McCoy: "Yes, that's a good sign they're healing," McCoy commented, reaching for his tables of instruments. He took a pair of oversized latex gloves and slipped them over his big hands. "Actually, those look really fine to me already." He carefully examined each of the stitches. "I think we can take them out now."

Elizabeth: "Oh goodie, you know in total now I've finally hit the 200 marker for stitches removed. Almost a kind of milestone." Sitting up alittle straighter and averting her eyes something about stitches being pulled made her feel more sick then normal.

McCoy: "That's certainly impressive, but I still don't recommend trying to break that record again." Taking the bottle of antiseptic, he thoroughly wiped the healing wounds, before reaching for a pair of sterile pincers and scissors. "Now, I probably don't need to tell you this might sting a little. Just tell me when I should take a break, okay?"

Elizabeth: "Nah, just get this shit over and done with, we take a break and I won't come back and I'll do what I did last time and try and take them out myself." Chuckling darkly for a moment. "Hows everyone else doing after the other night, undertsand alot of students have been helping the emergency sevices."

McCoy: "A lot of the students are understandably on edge," McCoy replied, displaying great skill and care despite his unusual size as he pulled out the stitches one by one. "Everyone is coping in their own way. I believe helping where they can and remaining active certainly is a good way to do that."

McCoy: He looked up at the young woman. "Have you considered helping out, too?"

Elizabeth: Sometimes her nose twitched as a longer stitch was pulled out but otherwise she remained vaguely blank looking. "No I'm not helping out, I don't do well in crowds as I proved the other night, Kael won't stop going on about the headache I caused him."

McCoy: "I see." McCoy didn't look up from his work, only pausing to clean all of the healing wounds he had already treated. "This is not surprising. You know, from my experience, most of the psychic mutants have a harder time adjusting to their powers than anyone else. Especially around others."

McCoy: "I can't speak from personal experience, of course, but the influx of unfamiliar sensations has to be difficult to deal with." He looked up at the girl's face. "Don't let that dishearten you, though. You'll learn to handle it."

Elizabeth: "I wouldn't say I'm psychic, I can pour someones favourite drink, once created a purple bubble and apparently can scream really damn loud. I'm almost a cba mutant." Hissing as the sterilizing fluid stung her leg and wrinkling her nose. "Actually there is something to do with the other night I need to talk to you about."

McCoy: "I'm sorry," McCoy said, wiping the leftover fluid away with a clean tissue. "Yes? Anything I can do for you?"

Elizabeth: She fidgeted then now the stitches were gone and some of the itching subsided. "You er... know I'm on all that medication?"

McCoy: "Of course I do." Doctor McCoy nodded, putting the already removed stitches aside before he proceeded to tackle the next batch. "I have them all listed in your medical record, after all. Is there anything wrong with some of them? Any side-effects, perhaps?"

Elizabeth: "No the new stuff is helping and I just feel sick now but it's not stopping me eating....the problem is the main ones I take in the purple and white packet.... well they aren't er doing their job anymore..." Trying so hard to go back to still as he started on her arm.

McCoy: Doctor McCoy mentally went through the list of medications he knew his patient was taking, associating the description she had given him with their names and proper characteristics. "You're talking about the psychoactive mix you've been prescribed?" he asked. "Why, have you noticed anything out of the ordinary?"

Elizabeth: "Well my doctor back in england, Dr Jeeves, started me on some new ones just before I got here. And although all the nasty side effects have gone down the auditory halluciantions, all the voices and crap I hear well it's just getting worse. Not even meditation or the emergency tranqs I have are helping."

McCoy: "Oh? Now, they were supposed to be taking care of that, no?" McCoy lowered the tweezers for a moment. "You were right to bring that up. If they aren't having their intended effect any more, that could mean you're building up a resistance to them."

Elizabeth: "It's..... it why I freaked out during the attack a few days ago.... everything got to loud and all I could hear were the voice in my head and not the ones outside it. Just happens more and more nowadays. So you can like just stop being affected by the drugs?"

McCoy: The blue doctor nodded. "Yes, that's certainly possible." he told the student. "It's known to happen, especially with drugs that have been given over longer periods of time. Fortunately, there are alternatives available. Would you like me to look into something with similar effects? We could try a different combination."

Elizabeth: "I rattle in the mornings anyway, just something that works, even if it's my old drugs with something to stop the nuasea I don't mind." Finally looking at the doctor properly with a very tired expression on her face. "One day of peace and quiet would be nice."

McCoy: Returning her look, McCoy gave Elizabeth an encouraging smile. "And that's not too much to ask, in my opinion," he told her. "How about this - I'll take a look at what I have in my closet, and I'll give you something new to try once we're done here, hm? That's worth a shot, if you ask me."

Elizabeth: "I'd...... thanks doc, I'd appreciate being able to concentrate for once or not have people giving me weird looks when I zone out." Rubbing her face and trying to give him a grateful smile, it didn't last long.

McCoy: He nodded again, and gave her hands a light squeeze. "Don't worry, we'll find something that works for you," he assured her. "It may take some time and experimenting, but we'll be getting there. I'd be damned if we couldn't find a solution."

McCoy: He picked up the tweezers again. "So, ready for the final spurt? We're almost done here."

Elizabeth: Huffing she nodded. "Yeah lets get these bastards out so I can actually go do nothing some more like the rest of the student body." Finding that bit of contact kind of comforting, even managing a real smile even if it was small.