6/29 Instance: Dessert Before Dinner

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

6/29 Instance: Dessert Before Dinner

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a day or two after Right as Rain

<Shaw> Between his voluntary duties at the school and the chaos of the last week, Sebastian had unfortunately been letting several things slide. One of these was his actual business. Catching up was always hell, and as this had been an unexpected absence, it was doubly challenging.

<Shaw> So, after putting in his first twelve-hour day at the office in years, it was rather late when he made it back to his penthouse home. He did, however, make one stop on the way.

<Jessica> Jess had expected him to be late home but this was getting on for ridiculous. Fortunately, dinner tonight was stew so it wouldn't lose anything from a little longer simmering on the stove. She busied herself tidying around the apartment before finally settling in the kitchen with a book to read.

<Shaw> He tapped his fingers impatiently on the wheel of the BMW during the ride up the elevator. Really, the management should just let him overhaul the mechanism and upgrade the computer controls. Or, he could just buy the building.

<Jessica> Hearing the sound of the elevator, Jess got to her feet and left the kitchen, moving into the doorway to watch the garage door.

<Shaw> Running a hand through his hair, he opened the door and dropped the keys on the side table. Sebastian quickly realized he had an audience and smiled at her. "So, that took a tad longer than expected."

<Jessica> "I was starting to worry you'd be gone all night... and I'm hungry." She gave him a smile though, turning back into the kitchen. "Dinner's been ready for a while."

<Shaw> "You didn't need to wait for me, but thank you, love." Since she'd turned her back, he quit lurking by the garage door and came into the room, one hand behind him. Following her to the kitchen, he came up behind her and rested his free hand on her hip.

<Jessica> "I wanted to wait... I don't like eating alone..." She lowered a hand onto his, closing her fingers around it briefly before moving to actually get dinner sorted out.

<Shaw> His fingers tightened to hold her in place and he brought up his other hand. In it was a bouquet of flowers in an explosion of colors. "I'm sorry I kept you waiting, then."

<Jessica> She blinked in surprise at the flowers, looking them over before lifting her free hand to take them and turning her head to smile at him. "They're lovely... you didn't have to..."

<Shaw> "No, but I wanted to." Sebastian returned the smile, just gazing at her for a moment, then gave her a kiss.

<Jessica> She returned the kiss, bowing her face into the flowers afterwards and enjoying the scent of them. "Now I'll have to put these in some water."

<Shaw> He let her go and wandered to the stove to see what she'd made, raising the lid to have a sniff.

<Jessica> Jess set about getting the flowers arranged in a vase with some water then went to put them in the living room where they could be admired when she was supposed to be working. When she returned to the kitchen, she pressed a kiss to Sebastian's cheek and slid her arms around him for a proper hug.

<Shaw> He smiled down at her and let his hands wander over her back, and then lower.

<Jessica> She giggled a little, nuzzling his neck before lifting her head. "I'm hungry."

<Shaw> "Well, then, let's eat so we can get to dessert." His grin turned wolfish and he returned the nuzzling with interest.

<Jessica> She laughed softly, catching his lips for a kiss and tightening her hold on him a little.

<Shaw> Threading his fingers into his hair, he deepened the kiss and had every intention of skipping to dessert.

<Jessica> It was tempting to just go along with it, very tempting. She sighed, breaking off the kiss and resting her forehead against his, "Sebastian...."

<Shaw> "Yes... I know." He kept peppering her with kisses, however, predatory smile still in place.

<Jessica> She groaned, "You're terrible..." She turned to put her back to him, leaning against him.

<Shaw> He used this to his full advantage as well to let his hands roam. "And you have magnificent breasts."

<Jessica> "Stop distracting me... I need food... and so do you.... go wash up or something..." She took his hands from her chest and held them away from her.

<Shaw> "Go wash up?" he laughed, nipping her ear. "Am I a six-year-old boy?"

<Jessica> "No... you're far worse behaviour-wise."

<Shaw> That just made him chuckle and suck her earlobe into his mouth.

<Jessica> She hissed, squirming against him, "Stoooop... it's dinner time...."

<Shaw> "Yes, it is." Sebastian licked, nipped, and kissed his way under her ear, still grinning. After a moment, he let go of her and gave her a playful swat on the ass before going into the bedroom. Wash up indeed.

<Jessica> She yelped at the swat but, with a sigh of mild relief, moved to get dinner dished up and do the table.

<Shaw> When he returned, he found her setting out silverware, and, as was their custom, went to open a bottle of wine. Watching her and engaging in this simple domestic act made him feel pleasantly warm.

<Jessica> Jess glanced up at him as she placed the last few things down, giving him a soft smile.

<Shaw> He returned it, pouring their wine. He then went to the living room and got the flowers, bringing them in to put them on the table during dinner. "So, other than waiting on me, how was your day, love?" He pulled out her chair.

<Jessica> She gave him a kiss before sitting down, "Exhausting. Two of the residents broke out and joyrode some mobility scooters to the local mall where they then staged a sit-in at the cafe. Their only demand was more cinnamon buns." She shook her head with a small smile.

<Shaw> Caught in the process of picking up his spoon, Sebastian just paused and stared at her, trying to decide if she was serious.

<Jessica> "I know, you'd think geriatrics would have bigger things on their minds than cinnamon buns..."

<Shaw> First, he snorted, then he outright laughed.

<Jessica> "It's probably on the news.... they had a lot of support... mostly from drunken hobos but still...." She laughed too, "So yeah, that was my day... I bet yours wasn't as exciting."

<Shaw> "No, not nearly so," he chuckled, taking a bite of... well, whatever this was she'd made. "Catching up, since I've been rather negligent," he paused and smiled at her a bit. "On several fronts."

<Jessica> "Understandably so..." she gave him another gentle smile, "Did you manage to catch up with everything or should I expect you to come home late tomorrow, too?"

<Shaw> Watching her for a moment, he made up his mind. "Oh no, I intend to leave on time, that is, unless you have other plans?"

<Jessica> She shook her head, finally taking a bite of her own dinner. "I like it better when you come home early..."

<Shaw> "As I like having someone to come home to," he said with a sip of his wine.

<Jessica> She smiled at him again, "I'm glad... I'm really happy here, Sebastian..."

<Shaw> His smile was genuine and he reached across the table to take her hand and squeeze it.

<Jessica> She turned her hand to lace her fingers with his, "You really didn't need to get me flowers... I'll be happy as long as you're okay... and as long as I'm helping and not just getting in the way."

<Shaw> "I told you, I wanted to. It's just a small token of my appreciation of you." As he'd mostly ignored her while wallowing in self-pity over Madelyne's death.

<Jessica> "But you don't have to..." she fidgeted a little, giving his hand a small squeeze, "I think they're lovely... but really... you've given me enough..."

<Shaw> "Well, I didn't intend to make you feel uncomfortable," he said with a slight sigh.

<Jessica> "I know..." she got up from her chair and went to hug him. "I just.... I don't really understand the whole gift giving thing..."

<Shaw> Reaching up from his seat, he returned the hug. "Love, it's hardly a gift... more so just... something to let you know I'm thinking of you."

<Jessica> "But you can just tell me that..." She reminded him, nuzzling his ear. "But I suppose telling me doesn't smell as nice."

<Shaw> "Precisely." Closing his eyes, he enjoyed the closeness and turned his face toward hers. "But they don't smell as delectable as you."

<Jessica> "Flatterer...." she murmured into his ear before lightly running her tongue over his earlobe.

<Shaw> Sebastian hissed in pleasure. "Of course." He slid the chair back and caught her hips to pull her into his lap, tilting his head up and slightly to the side to claim her lips.

<Jessica> She smiled in the kiss as she returned it, wrapping her arms around his shoulders and turning in his lap to face him a little better.

<Shaw> One hand snaking up into her hair, he teased her with his tongue.

<Jessica> Shifting off his lap again, she slid her hand down his arm to his free hand and gave it a gentle tug. She was just going to admit defeat here.

<Shaw> Grinning in triumph, he stood, but had other ideas... and they included the buffet table behind them.