6/26 Instance: Right as Rain

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

6/26 Instance: Right as Rain

Post by Slarti »

Timelined for right after [Instance]Sparkly Scotch.

<Shaw> There was still dough in the bowl, and the cookies were in the oven. At loose ends until Paige returned, he fumbled out his phone to check if he had any messages, then shrugged and resumed his place at the kitchen table.

<Shaw> Picking up the rum bottle, he took a sniff and decided it was passable. He added a bit more to the dough and stirred it in. And he had always thought he couldn't cook.

<Shaw> Glancing toward the door first, he ran his finger over the edge of the spoon and licked it off. Hmm.

<Jessica> After hitting 'share' on her message on G+, Jessica had come to the conclusion that whatever higher power presided over her life hated her because that seemed to be the cue for the heavens to open. Flying in the rain was a nightmare at the best of times but she was definitely not in the right jacket because now she was cold as well as wet.

<Jessica> So her trip to the school had taken a little longer than she'd hoped and now Sebastian wasn't in his office so she had the added joy of searching the school for him whilst dripping all over the floor. Finally she found him in the kitchen which was just as well because she was in dire need of a hot drink. "Having fun?"

<Shaw> That wasn't Paige. Caught with his hand in the cookie dough, he looked up at Jessica. "You're wet..."

<Jessica> "It's raining." She went to the kettle to make some tea. "I came all the way here minus transport to come and get you and your car."

<Shaw> "Oh... I'm sorry, Jess," he said, and his tone was actually apologetic, if slurred and slightly accented. Sebastian got up but realized he'd shed his jacket long ago... somewhere. His tie was also missing, his shirt half unbuttoned, and where was his belt? "Uhm..."

<Shaw> He found a dish towel and offered it to her.

<Jessica> Jess took it with a sigh and used it to dry her face and the ends of her hair, "It's fine..." Taking her jacket off, she hung it on an empty seat and set the kettle on the stove.

<Shaw> "It's not. I told Cece... Cecil... her... that I would be fine." Sebastian didn't have his jacket to offer her, but he did have himself, so he wrapped his arms around her from behind and stooped to rest his chin on her shoulder.

<Jessica> Jess wrinkled her nose a little. He reeked of booze. "I'm sure you did but how did you plan on getting home when you're this drunk?"

<Shaw> "I planned on paying a visit to the punching bag... after the cookies." Even wet, her hair smelled good to him so he nuzzled it.

<Jessica> Jess shook her head, not liking the idea of him driving after this much alcohol, punching bag or no. She leaned against him a little, "I'd rather come and pick you up, even despite the rain..."

<Shaw> Shifting his weight, he tightened his arms around her and kissed her neck just below her ear. "But now you're wet. And cold."

<Jessica> "I am both of those things." She nodded, tilting her head for him just the same. "But I'll survive."

<Shaw> "You'd better." Sebastian's tone turned seductive as he mouthed her neck. "I have plans for you."

<Jessica> "Do those plans include a hot shower?" She closed her eyes, sighing a little.

<Shaw> "Absolutely," he said between kisses. "A hot shower, perhaps some take-out, because I'm afraid the cooking lesson never made it to actual cooking."

<Jessica> She nodded, deciding not to mention the dinner she had started to prepare. "Okay... what do you feel like?"

<Shaw> "Whatever you want, since I've ruined your afternoon." With a sigh against her skin, he stepped back to urge her to turn around. She was getting him wet now, but he didn't care. "Perhaps we could even salvage the cookie dough."

<Jessica> She did turn around but glanced at the kettle as she slid her arms around his waist. "I doubt it... it smells very strongly of rum."

<Shaw> "Paige may be onto something with cookie vodka, but we had none to hand for this batch." He gave her a drunken grin.

<Jessica> "Probably just as well... I think you've had enough." She gave him a tired smile in return.

<Shaw> "I know." He kissed her forehead and pulled her back against him for another tight hug.

<Jessica> Sighing, she returned the hug and gave him a squeeze. It wasn't really fair to be angry with him just because she had to be a grownup for a change. He was always picking her up after all. She winced as the kettle started whistling and turned to take it off the heat and make it stop.

<Shaw> Sebastian stayed close to her, his hand on her hip as he watched her with a soft expression. "Paige is right... I'm not lonely anymore..."

<Jessica> She flashed him a small smile at that as she turned off the heat on the stove and moved to pour the water into her spider mug.

<Shaw> While she was waiting on her tea, he cupped her face with one hand and gave her a gentle kiss before pulling her into yet another hug. "I'll spare you my scotch breath until I can brush," he chuckled, kissing her damp hair. "She said I'm intimidating to keep people at bay and I would say it was the most cheerful, brief, yet accurate summation I've ever received."

<Jessica> She wrapped her arms back around him and murmured softly, "I don't think I ever found you intimidating... not really..."

<Shaw> "That's good then," he smiled, though she couldn't see it, and stroked her hair, untangling the wet length with his fingers. "She's right though... it works until the day you wake up and realize you're utterly alone and you've forgotten how to let someone in."

<Jessica> "Then it's a good thing you didn't forget how, hmm?" She brushed her lips lightly over his cheek.

<Shaw> "You made me remember, my love." He closed his eyes, just enjoying her presence. "I'm bound to make mistakes, but I'm trying."

<Jessica> "Well that makes two of us... I'm not very good at people..." she rested her head on his shoulder.

<Shaw> "Better than some," he chuckled again. "I fought with Cecilia, earlier." Oh, he could say her name again. That was a good sign, right?

<Jessica> That made her lift her head again, "About what?"

<Shaw> "She came to offer her condolences about Madelyne, but it devolved quickly." He sighed deeply and rubbed his hand over his face.

<Jessica> She frowned a little, turning to finish making her tea and remembering she hadn't gotten the milk yet. She went to fetch it while she tried to work out whether or not it was a good idea to ask what it had devolved into.

<Shaw> Her departure made him bite his lip and scrub his hands over his face. "It's time to let it go - let her go. And what happened."

<Jessica> Jess put the milk down on the counter and went back to him, sliding her arms around him and holding him tightly.

<Shaw> He held her just as tightly and buried his face in the crook of her neck, appreciating the support.

<Jessica> She moved one of her arms to around his shoulders and gently stroked her fingers through his hair. "You know I'll help if I can... you just have to ask..."

<Shaw> "You do help, Jess. Every day." The touch made him shiver and press another kiss against her skin.

<Jessica> She smiled, turning her face into his neck and closing her eyes, giving him another squeeze so he'd know she was appreciative of that admission.

<Shaw> He lost track of time, but eventually he raised his head. "We should get you a change of clothes."

<Jessica> She sighed, "Probably... I can just go up to my room here and change..." She lifted her head too, "Do you want to come upstairs with me?"

<Shaw> "Oh, absolutely. You can't shake me now." Would she object if the cookie dough went as well?

<Jessica> She smiled and pressed a kiss to his cheek before turning to actually finish making her tea properly so she could bring it up with her. Pausing before she turned for the door, she opened the oven to check the cookies she could smell cooking. They were about done so she turned off the oven and looked for the oven gloves to take them out.

<Shaw> "Someone will appreciate those, I'm sure." He opened a few drawers and found the oven mitts for her.

<Jessica> "Thank you..." she put them on and took the cookies out, closing the oven door and setting the tray of cookies on the counter to cool in their own time, picking up her tea and finally taking a sip. She was shivering by now and it helped to take her mind off of that.

<Shaw> "Don't get sick again." He took her free hand and moved toward the door. "If I remembered where my jacket was, I'd get it for you."

<Jessica> Speaking of jackets... Jess glanced back at hers but shook her head, deciding to just get it later. "It's okay, it's not that far upstairs..." She didn't want to get sick again and she pulled a face at the idea of it.

<Shaw> As he turned around and nearly walked into the door frame, he gave her a somewhat rueful grin and edged closer to her.

<Jessica> Jess giggled a little, giving his hand a squeeze, "Let's get you upstairs before you hurt yourself... maybe we should take the elevator? I'm not sure I trust you to climb stairs right now without falling on your face.... and I like your face."

<Shaw> "As you should." He smirked at her, but it slid back into a grin. "I'm sure I can negotiate the stairs, but I like this idea. The elevator is more private."

<Jessica> She laughed softly, shaking her head, "You're incorrigable..." but she led him to the elevator anyway.