6/20 Instance: Little Miss Musical

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/20 Instance: Little Miss Musical

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Mayday> "And tomorrow, I'll sing with you....on the wings of a dream...", Mayday finished her little song, opening her eyes and smiling as she squatted down, switching off her micro-amp.

<Mayday> It was a little strange for her to practice alone, but with Rachel being busy with Paige-related drama and Melati being absent, it was just her who could practice. Still, her love for singing meant it wasn't dull - with a little smirk, she switched the amp back on - maybe one last song...

<Alison> Alison popped in, ready to go for the piano to practice a few things for class when she realized she had also found the source of the song she had been hearing on the way down. "Hi there, am I interrupting practice?"

<Mayday> Mayday blinked up at the newcomer, "Oh, hey! I-I was just messin' around, most of the band is....kinda disbanded for the minute, so I'm just killin' time.",

<Alison> "Well don't let me stop you none, hon. Rachel was telling me about your band a while back, would love to hear some of your stuff!" Alison made herself right at home, taking a seat at the piano bench facing Mayday.

<Mayday> "Oh...w-well, I'm kinda on my own right now.", Mayday confessed, "I mean...well, I can give you a little demo of myself, but not much else. We're short-staffed, what, with Rachel being away and Mel...being away, too."

<Mayday> She sighed, "Also, we still don't have anyone on drums, but I'm sure we'll figure out something.", with a nod, she snapped her fingers, "O-oh, wait! You're Alison, right? Rachel told me all about you!"

<Alison> "Yes, that's me! You want me to give you some drums for right now? I can do that if you like." She didn't know what Mayday meant by the being away but she was all smiles and no drama anyway.

<Mayday> Mayday raised an eyebrow, "You...play drums? For 'srs'? I-I mean, for serious?",

<Alison> "Yeah! Well, I can anyway, I've not really played anything much but I know the hows of it and everything so you may have to let me warm up some but I can." Alison was up and back towards the drum-set even before she finished talking, grabbing sticks.

<Mayday> ".....oh. Well....that's....", Mayday nodded, "Ok, that's kinda a surprise!", she admitted, "I mean, I recall Rachel saying you played a little guitar, you sang, and you played piano. Actually, a few people mentioned the piano stuff."

<Alison> "I can do that, too. Wherever you need me, really." Alison shrugged. "Would you rather the piano?"

<Mayday> For a moment, Mayday looked between the two, eventually shrugging, "I-I don't know! I tell you what, play me something on the drums? Like...I dunno, just show me what you can do, ok?"

<Alison> Crap, this was like an audition. Well, Alison could do auditions and performances well but it had been a long, long time since she had done anything on this end of percussion. She gave it a shot though, playing along.

<Mayday> Letting Alison play her piece, Mayday simply waited, sitting at the piano bench as she bobbed her head along to the beat. For someone who was rusty at her art, Alison seemed quite apt - save for a few unsure strokes.

<Mayday> When the beat was over, Mayday clapped for her, standing as she approached the drum set, "Wow! That was fantastic! Where did you learn that!?"

<Alison> "Just at school, I did a lot of music stuff. I mean, my big thing was choir but I did a lot of band stuff as well." Alison answered with a shrug, leaving the sticks on the snare.

<Mayday> Mayday nodded, "Yeah, I can totally get that!", she agreed, "That was just...totally boss! A-are you...listen, are you doing anything with that talent? Like....are you in a group or...?"

<Alison> "Not in a group, I'm in classes here, of course, but no, not in any groups right now."

<Mayday]> The redhead grinned, "Then, Ali, would you consider maybe playing drums for our band?", excitement dripped off of every word, "Please?"

<Alison> "Reaaaally?" Alison asked, bouncing in her seat. "I mean, I'm not the most punk rock looking person in the world."

<Mayday> "Dude...", Mayday pointed at her shirt, depicting the rules for 'Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock', "Me either! We're kinda....well, we vary our act all the time. We do all kinds of covers from Dick Valentine to Panic at the Disco to I Am Ghost.", she shrugged.

<Mayday> Still smiling, she let her arms fall, "So, if you wanna be a member, then....well, it'd be totally great!"

<Alison> "...Of course I do!" Alison was almost blurry with glee as she clapped her hands and got to her feet. "You can put me anywhere on a song. It's going to be so much fun...is Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock a real thing?"

<Mayday> Mayday nodded, "Yeah! Well, I mean, people get super irritated when you 'Spock' 'em.", she admitted, "But it's so a real thing. And we do it all the time in the band! But....everyone chooses 'Spock'..."

<Alison> "I'm going to have to remember that!" Alison wanted to fit in, after all, so she was going to be sure to do whatever it took to do just that.

<Mayday> "Awesome.", Mayday nodded again, clapping her hands, "Alright, then we're all set! A full four-piece band! Man, this is epic!", she cheered, "Now, if the other girls can just make the time so we can practice all together..."

<Alison> "So...what do we do now?" Alison wasn't sure having been accustomed to always having some kind of director for her musical ventures.

<Mayday> "I guess....just practice and wait for fate to offer us something.", Mayday suggested, "We sometimes do exclusive shows at Vito's, which is pretty cool. You ever been?"

<Alison> Alison nodded. "Oh yes, it's a fun place but it'd be even more fun to play." Screw it, Mayday was getting a hug. "Thank you, again!"

<Mayday> Letting out a little 'eep', Mayday giggled, hugging the other girl back, "It's no problem at all! The more the merrier, seriously!"

<Alison> "So, what do you want to practice first?" Alison asked, letting Mayday regain her freedom and mobility.

<Mayday> Mayday blinked, "Oh, enthusiastic, huh? Well....can you play acoustic?"

<Alison> "I sure can? And I've been told I'm always excited so...I guess it's been working for me!"

<Mayday> "Great! Then...do you know Incubus' 'Aqueous Transmission'?", Mayday asked, turning to make sure her mic amp was on.

<Alison> "Um...not really but I can figure it out!" Nobody could ever say Alison wasn't a positive figure in the world.

<Mayday> "Well, I have the tabs around here somewhere...", Mayday hummed, snapping her fingers at one of the cupboards, "If you wanna get tuned up, we can give it a try?"

<Alison> Alison nodded, grabbing one of the guitars and settling down to tune, strumming a few other things to get her fingers warmed up to moving. "Okay then, lets do this!"